010

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Quick A/N: Double update b/c I hadn't updated in a couple of days this past week :) Make sure to read Ch. 009 before this chapter. And thank you for the subscriptions, comments, and upvotes <3 I love reading all your comments and I am so thankful for your upvotes!<3 Thank you for all the love and support too! Enjoy!

xoxo

-----

“Well, this is my floor” said Jinah as she arrived on the second floor of the apartment.The apartment was worn out, as if it had been here for hundreds of years. A single light bulb illuminated the hall, occasionally flickering. 

He didn’t like the idea of his mate living in such a small apartment alone in a sketchy area. He didn’t know why, but Jinah automatically brought out his overprotective side of him.

Jinah’s apartment was the first door from the stairs and she quickly pushed in the passcode. 

“And this is my home” said Jinah opening her door that squeaked loudly. Sehun stepped in the house and looked around. 

There was a small kitchen to the left after taking 3 steps through a mini hallway. The kitchen had a small dining table planted right in front. As you continue going straight, it led to the small living room/ bedroom. 

The bedroom and living room was separated by a small couch facing the TV. One door led to a small bathroom and another led to Jinah’s closet. A small vanity table was placed next to her bed, between the bed and couch.

“You live here?” Asked Sehun.

“Mhmm, cosy isn’t it?” Jinah asked giving the man a small smile and continued with a small voice. “It’s all that I could afford right now.”

“Real cosy” said Sehun as he walked to the living room, looking around, taking everything in. It wasn’t much but he loved the small things she had done with her room. 

He felt as if he had learned more about Jinah as he took a glimpse at the small photo wall she had put up on the wall next to her vanity table and the little lights she had put up to give the room a splash of brightness. 

“Sit here” said Jinah grabbing Sehun’s arm, leading him to the small couch, pushing him down. Jinah walked into the bathroom and started rummaging through the cabinets. 

After a couple of moments, Jinah stepped out of the bathroom with a box, what seemed like a first aid kit. Jinah quickly tied up her hair into a loose braid with loose stray hair framing her face. 

Sitting down next to Sehun, she put the kit onto the tiny living room table. She placed both her hands around Sehun’s cheeks and turned his face towards her. Using a cotton swab, she began to put medicine on his injuries.

With how close the two were, Sehun felt her breath on him as she worked. Gently dabbing his wound, Sehun noticed the little things that made her even more beautiful than she was before. 

He had noticed that the moonlight was shining directly onto her, making her eyes glisten. He noticed that when she concentrated, her lips come forward in a little pout that made his heart beat quicken.

He had only seen her in heavy makeup in her waitress uniform at a bar, which he still disliked the fact that she continued to work there but there wasn’t anything he could do about it. Now, she was bare faced with no trace of makeup on and he had no idea when she had washed it off. 

Sehun continued to stare at Jinah in awe as she cleaned his wound.

“You seem to be very good at this” said Sehun breaking the silence. 

“I have a younger brother” replied Jinah shrugging giving Sehun a small smile. His wolf purred in content as he felt her breath on his skin.

“Really” muttered Sehun. “How many years younger?”

“Almost three years” replied Jinah accidentally pushing hard on his cut, making Sehun wince. “Sorry!”

“Why did you move to this town?” Asked Sehun.

Jinah shrugged. “I guess I wanted a new change.”

Feeling as if he had just asked a taboo question, Sehun didn’t probe any more. However he was curious of her past and hoped that one day she would open up to him, and maybe someday as his mate. 

Jinah finished putting medicine on Sehun’s cheek and moved on to his lips. She felt her heart beat quicken at the thought of his plump lips, and to which did not go unnoticed by Sehun. 

Jinah had felt Sehun’s gaze on her since she started tending to his wounds. Feeling nervous and shy, Jinah pretended to keep her cool and tried to focus on her task with blood rushing to her cheeks. However it was hard, since the thought of her finger basically touching his lips made her heart pound.

Sehun saw Jinah gulp, internally smirking inside that he had this affect on his mate. She finished applying the medicine however stayed frozen in her spot, eyes glued to his.

She doesn’t know why but she always feels this pull around him. And when Sehun isn’t around her, her mind consistently wanders to him. 

Clearing , she broke the staring contest and took out bandaids from the kit. 

“sorry, I only have these” said Jinah showing Sehun the yellow Pororo bandaid. Why did she have this? Because who doesn’t ing love Pororo.

“Oh man Pororo?” Said Sehun sarcastically. “My favorite!”

“Really? Mine too!” Said Jinah excitingly not quite catching Sehun’s sarcasm. Chuckling at her sudden excitement, Sehun allowed her to put it on him, reminding himself to take it off before he goes back to the pack house. He also made a mental note that his mate seemed to really love Pororo.

“There, now the powers of Pororo will heal you soon” said Jinah wiggling her fingers as if there were sparkles in the air.

“Mhmm yep I definitely feel my wound healing” said Sehun playing along with Jinah, causing her to laugh, not just because of his reply but because there was a giant yellow bandaid with cartoon characters on his face.

Jinah took the kit and put it back into the restroom, coming out yawning. 

“Can I use your bathroom?” Grimaced Sehun wanting to wash the blood of his hands, disgusted that vampire blood was still on him.

“Sure it’s all yours” said Jinah taking a seat on the couch, waiting for the tall male to come out. Feeling exhausted from the day and her head still felt heavy from the multiple blows earlier, Jinah decided to put her head down onto the armrest. 

Thinking that it would be no harm if she closed her eyes for a couple of seconds, Jinah unknowingly drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Sehun walked out of the restroom, drying his hands on his jeans, noticed the girl curled in fetal position asleep on the armrest. Waving his hands in front of her, he made sure she was fast asleep before picking her up princess style and carrying her over to her bed. 

In his arms, Jinah subconsciously leaned towards his chest, rubbing her cheek against the fabric of his button up shirt, blood stains still scattered on his top.

He gently put her on her bed and covered her up with the blanket. Jinah moved in her sleep, shocking Sehun who stood still immediately not wanting to wake the exhausted girl up, before finding a comfortable position facing Sehun. 

He squatted down to where her head was resting and gently gazed at her peaceful expression. Raising his hand, he gently pushed her stray bangs out of her face, the side of her face. 

You’re so beautiful and look so peaceful when you sleep. When can I tell you everything? Will you still see me the same? I’m scared that you will turn away from me if I reveal everything to you… 

Sehun sighed as his thoughts remained scattered in his head. He wanted to stay by her side the whole night, but he knew he had to go back to deal with the vampire. Getting up slowly, he bent over to tuck Jinah in and gently placed a kiss on her forehead.

Moving quietly, Sehun made his way to the door. Before he left, he looked back at the sleeping figure of his mate hoping nothing would disturb her throughout the night. 

With that ran towards the woods, which was a couple of streets over and headed back towards his pack house where s were waiting for the younger male with the tied up vampire.