Hidden Tale

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You must be shock, yeah? I am sorry for that.” Jaejoong suddenly spoke with a short chuckle, breaking the ice after an hour of driving.
Yunho just managed to get straight to the point, “I am totally shock. Mind to tell what was happening?” he asked while making the car into a slow halt as the light glowed into a bright red.
Jaejoong chuckled again after taking his eyes off from the car window, “Ji Changwook, T and L… They could not even think of better names, so .” he commented about how bad the names were.
Yunho bobbed his head, as if agreeing, “Well, T and L are not even names.” he added.
“I know right?” Jaejoong asked in a lot of disgrace before looking out the window once again, seeking for serenity.
Yunho just remained quiet for the times as he sensed that Jaejoong was fenced with a great resentment toward the men. The silence surmounted the atmosphere once again inside the car as Yunho stepped on the gas pedal and accelerated the car once again just as the green light came to vision. Jaejoong knew that Yunho needed better explanations to clarify the situation to him right now. He cleared his throat and received the man’s attention right away.
“Ji Changwook… He is my biological brother.” Jaejoong finally revealed the truth to Yunho.
As if knowing that Jaejoong had a brother named Changwook was similar to that hearing a tsunami would destroy the land soon, Yunho immediately stopped the car, making both him and Jaejoong to being pushed forward their seats only to have the seatbelts to save them from hitting the mirror in front. Jaejoong was more than surprised as he looked at Yunho with a confused reaction with a lifted eyebrow.
“Now don’t give me that face. I am really surprised to know that weird man is your brother.” Yunho snorted over his own mistake.
Jaejoong chuckled, “This is seriously my first time seeing such reaction given to someone talking about their brother.” he said before chuckling again.
Yunho sighed as he parked the car at the side of the road, “Now continue your story.” he said before leaning against his seat. (---)

 

“Again, Changwook is my brother.” Jaejoong said, as if repeating his previous statement that managed to make Yunho immediately stepped hard on the brake pedal.
Yunho nodded once, “No wonder you guys look a bit similar.” he spoke.
“He is my brother but he is a wolf.” Jaejoong told.
Yunho turned his head toward Jaejoong, “He is your ‘biological’ brother but with a different type of animal? I never know that a cat and wolf come in one family.” he said.
“Exactly, that’s the case. My mother the beautiful cat married my father the brave wolf secretly without their families knowing about this since wolf and cat are not allowed to communicate. They are just like nemesis from generation to another. Then, when my parents got married, there came Changwook and me. Changwook followed my father’s step and being born as a wolf while I was born as a cat just like my mother. We spent years living inside an isolated jungle alone happily. I often played with my brother from the sunrise to the sunset while my father would go find food as a human and my mother stayed at home doing some chores. We were a happy family back then until one day my father decided to have a divorce with my mother. When he left, he took my brother along with him and reunited back with the Wolves Clan.” Jaejoong told the first long part of his past story.
“I see…” Yunho’s voice faded in understanding, “But when you guys met before you both look like you two are ready to eat each other?”
Jaejoong nodded once, “When my father and brother entered the Wolves Clan once again, my mother took me to the Cats Clan as well. It had been years when we heard the news that my father had become the leader of the Wolves Clan and was planning to take over the cats’ land just to enhance his ruling system and to spread his names among other clans. Days had passed when the war started. My father led his soldiers to our province and attacked the innocent cats. The Cats Clan’s leader led his armies too and then the battle started. At last, both my father as the wolves’ leader and the cats’ leader were killed in action, resulting to a tie of the battle. As if my father’s death was the cats’ fault, my brother promised to us that he would one day reclaim the throne and take over cats’ land at any cost. That is how my brother evolves into a monster.” he ended his story-telling with a heave of a very long sigh.
Yunho just managed to bit his lips and swallowed his words. He noticed that Jaejoong was quietly clenched his fists and began to look down at his lap where his fists were placed, being clenched so tight that he felt that his claws were slowly stabbing his flesh. Jaejoong’s hair was hanging from his forehead, blocking his eyes from the sight. Yunho worriedly started driving once again. At times he stole a glance at Jaejoong and spotted that his lips were quivering and small beads of tears dropped down in the silence, hitting his lap with some small ‘tick’ sound. Yunho wished he could support Jaejoong in any ways possible but he was afraid that Jaejoong would not accept it. Yunho just knew how to hope. (---)

​​​​​

The drive from the shopping centre toward Yunho’s house was a bit longer than expected; a sudden traffic jam was on, resulting Yunho and Jaejoong to be stuck in the middle of other cars and still being blocked far away from their next destination. Sitting for hours inside the car made Yunho’s left cheek to be felt like it was crushed in a thousand times. Yunho and Jaejoong didn’t share any words after Jaejoong finished telling his past just now. To throw the awkward feeling rising, Yunho had the radio and let some folksongs being played. Jaejoong was once again looking out the window, witnessing how stressed other people were being trapped by the traffic jam. Some drivers were shouting alone inside their cars, perhaps cursing how life should have been better. Some were also spotted having phones near to their ears, exchanging words of business with each other despite being delayed by time. Jaejoong sighed quietly as he on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter