His House

Weird Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come here, my boys.” a woman seemed to be in her late 30s spoke as she sat on an old stool with crossed legs. She was wearing a plain white dress that ended on both of her knees. Her long brown hair was a bit curvy at the end and was tied forming into a simple pony-tail. Her cat ears and tail showed that she was a mature shape-shifter of a cat. Her complexion was flaxen and her skin felt so gentle when caressed. Everytime she spoke, her dimples would appear, and enhancing her look and her voice resembled that of a lullaby that would please every child’s troubled heart. Her pupils were charcoal black and her pointed-shaped nose was merged well with her young look. With the nice body shape and an average height she owned; this woman looked so flawless despite her nearly reaching her 40s. 

 

Listening to the woman’s voice, two boys around their early teens quickly changed their attention from competing in throwing the biggest snowballs they could do before running toward the woman who was sitting on the stool.
“Yes, mum?” both of the boys asked as they in unison sat together on the snowy ground with head lifted up to meet their mother’s sparkling eyes.
The woman, the boys’ mother beamed as she caressed her children on the head.
“What do you think of the day today?” she asked before looking at her surrounding, “Beautiful, isn’t it?”
The boys blinked before together looking around, finally observing their surrounding and had rising admiration toward the beauty of nature they witnessed. It was in the middle of winter where most animals would hibernate and watch as the snowflakes landed on the ground. The once full with alluring blossoms trees were now having snow on their branches. The snowflakes glittered reflecting the sun ray and from afar would remind you of twinkling little stars up at the sky. A relaxing song would match with this tranquillity and people would close their eyes smiling while enjoying the beautiful gift of the nature. The boys smiled and finally nodded in response to their mother’s statement about the nature. They both pulled their legs closer to their chest and wrapped their arms around them. 
“Yes mother, beautiful.” both of them spoke.

 


The woman smiled as she admired both of her sons; one of them which was the oldest son, had a pair of wolf-like ears and a fluffy tail which he often played with at night and the other boy owned cat-like ears and a cat tail as well. She was proud to herself for having these two sun shines. Although they lived in a remote area than the other clans and having a small cave as their home, they were happy together and raising these two sons to the fullest was her only dream. The father of the family which was the brave wolf had transformed into an adult male before going to the nearest town, working as a wood-cutter to support the family basic needs. While the three of them were still witnessing in content the beauty of nature and waiting for the father to come just before the sun set, suddenly beneath the thick snow there popped up a squirrel, jumping out from a hole on the ground and began to sniffle. The woman just smiled, neglecting the sudden surprise gifted by the nature but the kids both were looking at the creature in awe. The cat kid had his ears twisting and tail moving side to side, brushing the snow under it while the other wolf kid had begun to slowly standing up, eager to catch the squirrel. The squirrel that had done sniffling suddenly made eye contacts with the family and it remained frozen while somehow standing up on its legs. The cat boy just blinked before tilting his head in confusion and increasing curiosity. In the other hand, the wolf boy was starting to walk slowly in an effort to approach the squirrel. The woman just smiled as she watched carefully over the wolf boy’s action. The young cat boy just watched with sparkling orbs as his brother began to run at a dashing speed toward the startled squirrel. Being alarmed by the abrupt movement made by the wolf boy, the squirrel quickly jumped to the near bushes and gone in sight, resulting to the wolf boy to be upset as he stopped dashing. 
“Damn it, I was going to catch him!” the wolf boy complained.
The mother just smiled in patience, “You still have a lot to learn, sweetie.” she told.
The wolf boy just grunted over his own failure. The cat boy continued to tilt his head with some more blinking. The woman smiled.
“That’s enough, sweetie.” she muttered as she gestured her hand for the wolf boy to come back sitting beside the cat boy. The wolf boy obeyed as told.

 

The cat boy giggled softly when his brother sat back beside him.  The woman then picked up something from a small wooden box and then something shone so bright that the two boys had to narrow their eyes for a better vision. She then revealed two odd-looking necklaces to the two boys who were having their lips parting. 
“Look at these two necklaces, sweeties.” the mother spoke as she hung the necklaces from her grasp.
“I want… one!” the cat boy exclaimed before pointing to one of the necklaces.
“Me too!” the other wolf boy did the same.
The woman laughed a little as she saw the hyper side shown by her sweeties. She nodded as she handed them each of the necklaces.
“These necklaces are yours, sweeties.” she spoke while letting the boys to marvel at the beauty of the necklaces, “They may look weird; stone necklaces are weird, right? But, if soon one day you both would part ways then by destiny encountering in the same path, these necklaces would show what brothers really are, sweeties so don’t lose them.” 
The boys nodded. The mother then gently cupped her sons’ chins and met their eyes with hers, “You both could promise with me that you both will protect these necklaces at all cost, right?” she asked with an assuring smile.
“Good.” the mother smiled as she pulled her hands away from the boys’ chins slowly and watched them with a grin.
“Listen carefully, sweeties. Must my prediction ought to be the truth, the vision given I see is the future once we sought but with engulfing flames and raining thunder. A preparation I shall entrust you with, yet how strong the end is I could not tell. Nay, must any of you to face against, then only the necklaces to you I given will give you the luxury of miracle. Each of you might stand against one with other, but only the bond of brothers shall not be broken by fate and destiny.” the mother spoke in a complicated way of format, yet she spoke like her children would understand them.
As expected, the two boys both tilted their heads in confusion. The mother knew that they didn’t understand but she just smiled.
“One day you both will know.”

 

******
Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes before actually waking up. He stared up at the ceiling before blinking and finally moving his head side to side. He was glad to find himself leaning perfectly on the bed and that his pillow was still beneath his head. No more falling down the bed he assumed. Jaejoong with a smile took out an odd-looking stone necklace from his pocket and observed it with another smile. He had been carrying that peculiar necklace in his pocket all days, just that Yunho didn’t notice that, nobody notices him carrying that weird stuff. He smiled while letting the necklace to hang over his eyes.
“Stone necklace is really weird, mum.” he mumbled and chuckled alone, “Mum, everything is fine with me. I even meet with my light of life. Yunho is an adorable man, he is flawless despite having a weird charisma but what attracts me about him is not just about his blood but about his weirdness. His weird anxiety, weird job, weird behaviour, and even, he being weird is somewhat interesting. Maybe this is love, mum. Maybe, this is my fate and destiny with him.”
Then, Jaejoong came into a slight frown, “But, I met with brother yesterday. He didn’t even change; his evil self is still growing and I… hate that. He has been threatening to conquer the cats’ land. The more complex thing here is that he has been selected to be the Wolf Clan’s leader. Then, what about the Cats’ Clan? Where and who is the leader? I am stressed right now, mum. I think I have to gather my old friends back and plan a strategy to stop brother. Mum, please guide me. I love you.” he told as if his beloved mother was there in the same room as him to listen to him before kissing the stone necklace and hid it back inside his pocket.

Jaejoong finally stood up from the bed and strode toward the wardrobe inside Yunho’s bedroom. He slide open the door and right away pulled some complete clothing from inside before closing the closet once again. He yawned before throwing the clothing onto the bed and pulled a white hoodie then wore it over his blue pyjamas. Jaejoong next grabbed the sets of clothing before eventually leaving the room. 

 

******
Yunho who was now frying some bacon in the kitchen didn’t realise the presence of Jaejoong who was quietly entering the kitchen and opened the fridge without asking for authority as if he owned the house. Yunho was startled when he heard a low ‘thud’ sound and turned back just to see Jaejoong who was pouring a juice onto an empty glass. Noticing the blinking Yunho, Jaejoong smiled when alternated from placing the juice on the table to lifting the glass of juice. 
“Morning.” Jaejoong greeted before taking a quick sip of the juice.
“Oh, yeah, morning too.” Yunho greeted back after several blinking, “You seem in a rush?”
“Le me needa to meet le friends.” Jaejoong replied before finishing the glass of juice in one-shot.
Yunho raised his eyebrow, “In pyjamas covered with hoodie?” he asked, as if Jaejoong was weirder than him.
Jaejoong grinned with closed eyes, “Why not? I am leaving so see ya later.” he said before marching out of the kitchen.
Yunho blinked more before began to summon the other’s name, “At least you have a bite of these bacons!” he stated out while looking out at the corridor connecting the kitchen with the living room.
Jaejoong came back to vision after some seconds, “Alright, make it quick.” he said before approaching the confused Yunho in a hurried pace.
As if they both had a telepathic conversation, Yunho nodded as he fed the other a piece of bacon with a spoon. Jaejoong accepted the small breakfast and right chewed before smiling at Yunho who was staring at him. Jaejoong chuckled.
“It would have been sweeter if you feed me with your hand.” Jaejoong said before heading to the kitchen entrance, “But thanks anyway.”
Yunho accepted that Jaejoong’s sudden statement as a teasing at first but after that it was a game changer and Yunho could feel that he was burning inside, “I-I would do so if you t-told me first!” he remarked.
“There is still tomorrow.” Jaejoong responded with a smile.
“If you say so… But, what are those clothes for? Are you changing clothes inside a public restroom later on or are you going to disguise in those?” 
“Both of your guessing is definitely incorrect. These are for my friends.”
“Friends? Ah, the ones that you told me last night?”
“Exactly, and please clean out the house because there will be some uninvited guests coming over. I warn you though; they might not behave like they actually supposed to be.”
“Eh?”

 

******
“Man… What should I do huh…?” a man wearing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter