Chapter 9: Playing the Game

The Orchard Dorm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Do you ever have those days where you felt super confident walking down those school halls not caring about who stared at you whether it was a good or bad stare? Well Baekhyun felt like that everyday. He loved being the center of attention because being one of the popular names known throughout the school he felt like he was at the top. Everyday he would not only have the ladies swoon and whisper about him but the guys admire him for not just his family name but accomplisments. It was even a regular thing for some of the other popular people in the school to just walk with him wherever he went, for example, Temari.

 

"Anneong Baek oppa" She greeted him with a voice so soft and gentle that it made all the guys around her make their hearts flutter. Despite her nasty attitude she hid so well in front of others, she pulled off such a sweet and sincere smile towards someone she liked like Baekhyun. A girl like Temari should be with someone like Baekhyun as for any student whose parents belonged to big family names and owned more than one conglomerate business. 

 

Baekhyun was glad to see Temari and gave her such a charming smile that most saw. "Temari, How did that business trip go in Hawaii?" His question made her laugh since she was the type of daughter that was forced to go to these types of occasions.

 

"Ugh it was just exhausting. Daddy told me I had to attend all these boring meetings because one day I need to learn how to manage my responsibilities." she scoffs and rolls her eyes "What a bunch of crap."

 

Baekhyun laughs at her vulgar talk but enjoyed looking at her beautiful face and perfect body. "You poor thing it must've been torture." He sympathesized when she pressed her body against his arm giving him the most flirtatious expression ever. 

 

"You know I kept thinking about you that whole time." 

 

"Have you now?" He raised his eyebrow teasingly and wagged his finger at her playfully. "Well your father wouldn't like it if his little girl only thought of boys now would he?" It was cringey to watch him playfully tap her nose making her burst into light giggles. Until in her line of sight she caught something out the window stopping both her and Baekhyun's flirtatious banter. Baekhyun, wondered what was wrong when he looked down the window below and sees Nari walking together with Chen, Luhan and Wendy.

 

They were all laughing and talking about something Chen had said but what shocked Temari the most was Luhan initiating skinship by putting his arm around Nari. It made her blood boil when she saw Nari being extremely affected by it too and didn't even at least apologize or reject it. "Heol look at that sly pig. She thinks she's got the soccer captain wrapped around her finger." the more she stareed at Nari's smiling face the more her face scowled. "People like her are nothing but trash. "

 

Baekhyun couldn't have agreed more. It was people like her that ruined the image of this school. They stopped looking out the window when they heard the warning bell ring. Baekhyun's face changed from pure disgust to a little angel as he tugged Temari's hand. "Lets get to class shall we?"

 

He successfully gets her attention away from all of them when Baekyun glanced one more time at Nari's stupid little face. In his mind he was just teeming with hundreds of ways to make her cry and make her feel worthless as she should feel. 

 

 

It was a nice, warm Monday. First thing in the morning Nari was already freaking out in front of Chen, Luhan and Wendy as they were reading together the letter she got from her third challenge, Xiumin.

 

"A scavenger hunt?" Was the first thing they said after reading his rules and the summary of the game. The game was 'fairly simple' the way Xiumin put it, he explained that the items he wrote on this list were items she had to find around the school and not outside the school or else she loses the bet. What was confusing about this game was the items that Xiumin wrote down. They were all so specific. The list went on and on till it landed right on top of Chen's feet. 

 

The four of them gaped at how much Xiumin had written. "I know he's a world class chef and all but what exactly are these things?" Chen excliams not even familiar with certain names on this list. 

 

Luhan reads through the certain items and scrunches up his face in disgust, "He wants you to find eel oil, banana leaves, stinky tofu and deep fried frog legs? Exactly what the hell is he making?" 

 

"Nothing you twits." Wendy sassed back "it's obvious that he's making this impossible for Nari to win so he won't join the band."

 

"When does this game end?" Chen had asked after finished reading the whole list. 

 

"He said that by the time after school acitivities should be over." Nari answered looking so lost in thought and pacing back and forth it scared the others that watched this. 

 

"Are you ok Nari? This seems like an awful lot of stuff."

 

"I-I'll b-be fine Chen I mean it's just a fun, difficult game....." she was definitely not fine from the looks of it so Luhan had slung his arm around Nari's shoulder making Chen, Wendy, and Nari stare at him. 

 

"Well if there's one thing I know is you're headstrong. You can do anything once you've set your mind to it. Just don't doubt yourself ok Chibi?"

 

"N-ne." she stutters feeling a bit better with Luhan's encouragement. 

 

While Chen cringed at such chessy motivational words coming out of his best friend of all people he notices his best friend had said a particular nickname. "Wait whose chibi? Since when did you call her that?" he muttered displeasingly while the gang continued on their way to school.

 

"Ok even if you say she can do it, there's thousands of items on this list. I don't know how she can get all these before activities are over." Wendy wondered worriedly but Chen just brushed it off with a simple strategy.

 

"Relax with a little teamwork from us, Nari will for sure win." the offer seemed too good Nari had to reject it.

 

"I appreciate you offering to help but I need to do this on my own Chen. It's just between me and Xiumin." Before Chen could argue back, the bell rang for first period leaving Nari's descision final. 

 

Meanwhile, Jeanie watched Nari from second floor main building. She knew Nari was offered some help from the others but knowing her ever since last time she would play by the rules even if the person didn't want her to win. Now Jeanie didn't consider her interference a big cheat if Nari didn't find out what she was plotting. She thought of it more as leveling the playing field. So with one snap of her fingers thousands of sparkles went flying around the school. 

 

 

(Dance Studio)

 

Usually no one was here at the dance studio early in the morning because there were late nights. However, if you were Kai, the studio was basically where he would be most of his days. Being in this place he never felt tired just a short amount of sleep from last night's practice and he was raring to go back to dancing again. One of his main reasons he had moved into the dorms, was so he could be closer to the dance studio. This studio was the place where he would dance till night creating new choreography or practicing a dance their instructor had given them for an assignment. 

 

There never was a day that he didn't come to the studio, everyone even knew that this is where you would find him. There were many other reasons why he moved out of the house but he always puts it in the back of his mind once he danced. Then like clockwork, his feet start going along with the beat of the music and didn't stop till the music stopped. 

 

After endless hours of just dancing, Kai took a little water break when the doors suddenly opened. Yixing comes walking in talking with somone on the phone so he doesn't even notice the other person in the stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter