Chapter 5

Pretty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 pm.

I never left the room since the moment Sehun walked out and slammed the door so loud to the point that I thought it was going to break.

I had my reasons as to why I never left the room and that was because I was beyond mortified for my life. Though I initially feared Sehun and what he may do next, I kept thinking of Aya. I guess it was because I couldn't seem to wrap my mind around the concept of her turning into someone so vile and so strategistic but I was not surprised.

She has always been cynical, full of hate, and was fond of materialistic things rich men would give to her without asking for anything return. She would receive them for being gorgeous - that type of "pretty" rich men would be captivated by, and she was extremely young which was a major element older rich men tend to look for in a candidate who deserves the privilege of being their sugar baby. But just when she thought she was born to be in the spotlight for having a gorgeous face, signature red lips and smooth blonde hair that flowed like a stunning art piece on the curve of her back, she hated our mom for treating us the same.

Mom was neutral and she never favoured one but two. Aya wanted my mom's full attention at all times albeit many admirers gawking over the way carried herself. The hatred she bottled up to herself intensified that one particular sunny afternoon when I came home from junior high with a bunch of medals in hand whilst she came home with nothing but her report card graded with Cs and Ds. I caught her jamming her report card into the paper shredder machine the same night and when she found out I've been watching her from her bedroom door, she grabbed a fistful of my hair and pinned me against the wall.

I was only intimidated by her by the time we were in elementary because she was arroagnt and a bit violent to people she was never fond of including me so I vowed to stay away from her as much as possible and to only open my mouth when necessary.

I ignored her insults even if they stung. I have always been the one who had to be the bigger person because I didn't want to get in trouble and possibly have her physically abuse me behind mom's back. 

You can't just simply fight fire with fire. 

I rubbed the sleep off my eyes, ignoring the growling noises my stomach had been making for almost an hour. I decided to get up a few minutes later to see whether there was food outside but since I had to be cautious I patiently stood behind the door, cupping an ear against it. No muffled voices. The TV wasn't even on so I assumed I was alone in this hotel room.

Shortly, I made my way straight to the mini fridge to check whether there was some leftovers from last night.

Turkey sandwich.

I immediately reached out for it as well as the water bottle beside it, elbowed the door close I was back in my room since it was safer to eat there. I obviously didn't want to see anyone walking without prior notice - specifically Sehun himself. He ruins everything. 

I ate until the plastic wrap was empty. I reached out for the water bottle, assuming it was light beverage only to end up spitting a mouthful onto the white sheets I slept on. Cognac! I choked, storming into the bathroom to rinsed my mouth off. It stung my throat.

I scowled on the way back in and plunked the water bottle on the bedside table before stripping the sheets away from the bed, leaving it crumpled on the carpet. The smell was still there and it was overwhelming. 

"Miss." I sighed, looking up only to meet gazes with Sena. She was still dressed in the same uniform she wore last night with her neatly combed hair. Today though, she decided to go for a rose-coloured lipstick. She had a paper bag with her. "I have your clothes..." She trailed off, studying me, the bed, and the sheets I yanked off and back to me. "What happened, miss?" 

"It's stained." I said, unfazed. "I spilled alcohol on it." Sena immediately pulled the sheets away from the floor before she vanished out of the room, leaving the paper bag by the foot of the bed. But before she was able to disappear into the hallway I called her out, asking her where Sehun and everyone were.

"Sir Oh went out. The others..." She trailed off, trying to get a whiff of remembrance as to where the others were. "I don't know where they are, miss. You should ask Sir Oh yourself when he comes back." There was a brief pause. "I'll come back in shortly to change your sheets." She said before she was gone.

I tried the door, thinking It could be unlocked only to find out that Sena had locked me in. I swore under my breath, kicking the door in annoyance.

I never went back into my room after the strange encounter with Sena but went looking for my work bag. The living area was almost empty with just the necessary piece of modern furniture. The freezer was empty. There are five bottles of beer in the fridge along with the water bottle I begrudgingly returned in disgust. I supposed the it belonged to Sehun or Baekhyun or the taller one named Chanyeol or could be Lia herself. 

"Oh, hey! you're up!" I flinched. It was Baekhyun and he had just walked in. He had a card key. He grinned and made himself comfortable on one of the couches I never dared to sit on. "You hungry?" 

"No." I slammed the fridge door close before marching back into my room. 

"The turkey sandwich is for you by the way." He yawned, tossing a leg on the armrest. "Sehun saved it." 

"Thanks. I ate it." I scoffed. Baekhyun never said anything after that. 

A few minutes later, Sena came in with new sheets as promised. She offered to put it on for me but I had to dismiss her out of politeness since I wanted to do it myself. Although, she might be remotely civilized than the criminals doesn't mean I would treat her any different. After all, she is still a part of them. Just less vigilant and not as disturbing compared to the rest.

I found myself sleeping an hour later after I had put on new sheets. I was exhausted for some reason. Couldn't point out why but that didn't matter anymore since I was too comfortable too be tucked underneath my comforter.

By the strike of 6 pm, I jolted back up with my hand clutching my chest. I was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter