Chapter 29

A Star In Daylight

Sehun was sure they were in the back of a van with the spacious compartment and the way the car itself swayed gently, soothingly which was a big contrast to the situation they were in. He felt someone leaning against him and looked down to see Junmyeon's head resting on his shoulder and his heart picked up it's pace at being so close to his crush, it was stupid knowing that they were in danger and all Sehun could think about right now was how it would feel to kiss his friend. 

His mind went into a frenzy when he remembered what happened to Junmyeon in the field. He swiftly turned his head and craned it so he could peer at Junmyeon better, he had collapsed going uncoulncious probably due to the loss of blood. Sehun looked into the serene, pale face of the older male and brought his hand up only to realize they were bound, he cursed. He reaches up anyways to touch the males forehead as best as he could and all he could feel was the cold sweat on Junmyeon's forehead and upon closer observation the slightly laboured breathing coming from him. 

Was he sick? 

"they bandaged him but not very good" Sehun jumped at the sudden voice but recognized it to be Kyungsoo's

"Kyungsoo!? You were caught to?" Sehun then looked around him to see more of them in the medium sized space. 

Yixing was off to one side, leaning his head against the wall, Kyungsoo sat across from him and Jun, Minseok was lying next to Yixing with his eyes closed. They all had bruises on their face liked they got punched a couple times and some were already turning purple from the earlier debacle. 

"will he be okay?" Sehun asked concerned. 

"They didn't give any pain killers so his leg must be hurting like hell but then again these are thugs we are talking about, they aren't exactly high on the caring list" Kyungsoo says a hint of anger in his tone. 

Sehun wrapped his arm around Junmyeon, seeing how the male had his brows furrowed, beads of sweat accumulated on his forehead and he was slightly mumbling to himself. His rapidly increasing heart not going unnoticed as Junmyeon subconciously rested his head against Sehun's chest. 

"where are they taking us? What do we do now?" Minseok asked quietly. Sehun had thought he'd been asleep, but who could at a time like this?

"last I saw, we were facing a dirt path" Yixing added softly as if the people up front would hear us and that also made Sehun a bit more cautious. 

"all we can do is hope the other three found Chanyeol and is getting help. I hope Junmyeon's brother found some back up and is already there" Kyungsoo said staring at the floor of the van. 

Sehun could only nod in agreement. "I hope they can find us too" knowing they were probably well away from the deceiving little house.

----------

"guys! This could be serious!" Minho stated at the table of police officers. 

They all stared at him with blank but wavering expressions. "Minho, this could just be another prank, teenagers always think they're being funny messing with the police" one of his hyungs says, Leeteuk. 

"we all know how much you adore your little brother and sometimes it can get a little weird but there hasn't been a murder in Pyeongchul in decades, let alone a kidnapping. The best we get on a daily bases is a shop theft" Leeteuk goes over to get a cup of coffee at the built in station kitchen. 

The other day down at the table looking into their mugs, their was no call for any type of job tonight and they were all just hanging out in the station.

"all the more reason to take this seriously! What if we let this one slide and it turns out to be true and people get hurt or worse killed!? We are the police, we are supposed to help those that come to us in need, uphold justice. What would we look like as the county police department if we let something off as serious as kidnapping because no one hasn't fixed in for it in ages" Minho ranted desperately and angrily, this was not why he became a policeman. 

He didn't go through grueling physical tests and exams to sit idly in a station drinking coffee. He became one to help people, to make people feel safe and he wasn't going to sit back on something that could be a big deal. 

"Myeonie has never lied to me, would never lie to me, he's president of every leadership team his school offers, he's a man of his word like we Kim's were taught he would never joke about something like this" and that's why Minho had a huge feeling like something was happening even as they spoke. 

He looked across his colleagues faces, they looked conflicted now. Minho was right what if this was serious? They would get ridiculed by the people, asking where they were and what they were doing while all this was happening, it was better to take a chance and it be nothing than not and it be true. 

"even if you all won't go" Minho said determined, grabbing a bulletproof vest from the many racks, putting it on over his button up. He grabs a jacket and holsters a gun to his belt "I'll go by myself" he looks towards them his resolve not feigning seeing the men still sitting there. 

He turns to leave, noticing that none of them were getting up but was stopped by Leeteuk "wait!" 

Minho turns around to see him standing from his seat, Leeteuk turns around to the others who looked just as perplexed as Minho. 

"get geared up guys, we are heading out" Leeteuk commands them in a loud tone. 

"chief?" one of the younger policeman questioned, Taemin. 

"Now!" Leeteuk boomed and without another word they all scrambled to gear up. 

"I'll call headquarters and have them send over more men, I'll suggest the S.W.A.T even, we aren't  taking any chances" he turns to Minho, phone already out. "if this as serious as your making it seem boy, we are going to need all the help we can get" 

Minho felt a smile on his lips. They may be a hard bunch but they are prideful and determined. All his colleagues rush out the door to the cars.

Leeteuk walks up to Minho, phone in one hand and places his other on the taller males shoulder. "glad to have you on the team, it's a good thing we have someone like you" he says before walking passed and following the others. 

"Onew! Stay here in case anyone calls!" he calls over his shoulder 

"already on it" he hears the man call back from the booth. 

Minho leaves, feeling anxious and nervous but ready to help his brother and friends in anyway. He checks his phone for the address Junmyeon sent him before hopping into one of the cars, shooting him a quick text. 

we're on our way.

---------

"Jeongsuk, have you seen Baekhyun?" Sooyoung peers into the kitchen were her husband was cooking, her belly had been showing more each day and the number of times she is on her feet has been declining. 

"he left a couple hours ago while you were at friends. Said he was going over to friends for the night, oh Sehun to be exact" he tells her without looking up from the chopping board, where carrots were being sliced. 

"oh? Are you sure?" she steps into the kitchen going over to him and planting a kiss on his cheek. 

"it was mentioned in the conversation right before we decided to start over on a different foot" Jeongsuk said, feeling better about telling Sooyoung about the good news. Truth be told, that feeling from hours ago hasn't left the pit of his stomach, even if he tried to shake it off. 

"that's great, sweetie! But are you sure Baekhyun is at Oh Sehun's?" she questions again. 

Jeongsuk puts the knife down and turns to his beautiful wife, who had a look of confusion and slight uncomfort. 

"yeah, why? Sweetie are you okay?" he guides her to sit down at the table. 

She looked up at him "oh Sehun's mother called a few minutes ago, asking if her son was over here" she says. 

The feeling grew more in Jeongsuk as he listened. 

"funny thing is, she got a call from Do Kyungsoo's, mother who got a call from Minseok and Yixing father's that they too stated they were staying at Sehun's house. They usually had surprise sleepovers but none of them are where they said they'd be" Sooyoung rambles on. 

Jeongsuk saw that her hands were trembling slightly and took hold of them. "calm down Sooyoung, they could've all met up somewhere" he pathetically tries to reason even though the nagging in feeling crept all the way up to his throat by now. 

"but that was hours ago as you said! And no one has seen them" tears were welling up in Sooyoung's eyes. This probably had to do with pregnancy mood swings aswell as the ghostly weight of this situation.

"what if they're are in trouble? Anything could have happened" Sooyoung was looking at their locked hands shoulders shaking. 

"okay let's call everyone over and talk this over" Jeongsuk goes over to the phone leaving his panicking wife.

That night all the parents of the boys files into Jeongsuk's house, they were all worried and panicked, it has also been hours since they've seen their sons last. Jeongsuk was in the middle of frantic women and upset males, him being one of them. That stupid kid, he knew the backpack he was wearing didn't look full enough for a sleepover, he should've pressed further. This idiot what has he gotten himself into. 

By the end of the heated discussions on possibilities and scenarios the group of enamoured parents came to the conclusion : all their kids were missing

-------------

Mina and Chanyeol jumped from where they lay, they had both been trying to go to sleep when they heard the jingle of keys outside the basement door. 

The two look at each other surprised and frightened, did he usually come so late? What was he going to do to them now? 

Chanyeol heard the heavy footsteps of his father but oddly their seemed to me more than one and he glanced over at Mina who started trembling uncontrollably, was it them? The other thugs who always came for Mina? Chanyeol quickly as his drained and sluggish body could moves in front of Mina to protect her with whatever strength he could muster up. 

His eyes burned suddenly at the influx of light that now radiated through the damp basement. 

When his eyes adjusted he was relieved and a bit surprised to see his father descending with three disoriented bodys in his grip at least they weren't the thugs and he could feel Mina relax against him. When his father reaches the base he throws them on the ground, to the side. Two of them groan at the impact and Chanyeol looked at them closer, really closely and when he came to recognition his eyes widened in utter disbelief. 

"Jongin!? Jongdae!?" he exclaimed. 

Both of them looked up in the same shock and surprise. 

Chanyeol looked horrible, he was really thin, his skin so pale it was almost grey, there were really dark circles under his eyes and his body that his shredded shirt revealed had cuts and bruises all over that looked painful and harsh. But both of them were happy nontheless that they had found him even if they were captured themselves. 

Chanyeol noticed how Jongdae had his hand over his side, grimacing when he went into a sitting position, Chanyeol's stomach churned even though there was nothing in it. He also noticed that Jongin was blinking slot as if he was out of it, he kept putting his hand near his temple where Chanyeol saw a strange lump. 

But what caught him of guard the most, what gripped at his heart and crushed it was seeing Baekhyun lying off to the other side unconcious, a bloody bruise at his temple that long since dried. The anger the school through him was tremendous, he scrambled as fast he could over to Baekhyun feeling his heart twist, why was he here?! Why was any of them here!? He was so confused. He was nearing the smaller ones body when he got shoved to the side. 

He whipped his head in his father's direction a deep frown over taking his features. How dare he!? Who the did he think he was!? Doing this to Baekhyun of all people!

"what the did you do to them!" he growled deep, standing up. His legs wobbled a bit from always sitting. 

His dad smirked "Chanyeol, Chanyeol. If only you could see yourself, looking and acting like the animal you are" he clicked his tongue.

Chanyeol only got angrier. "I said what the did you do!?" he stepped closer, feeling braver than he has been since he's been trapped here. 

"well you see the little ones wanted to come see you" he feigned innocence which angered Chanyeol even more, ing bastard. "put they came without permission, so I had to teach them a lesson" he gestured to his hurt friends. 

Chanyeol couldn't help but wonder, did the others come? Where were they? Were they also hurt? 

"don't you guys know? Trespassing is a crime" Dokyung turns to the to concious friends, smiling. 

They both scowled. "I think what your doing now is more of a crime than tressapssing" Jongdae spits. 

The thought of his other friends being hurt and injured sent Chanyeol livid. He didn't understand this strong outburst of anger that's propelling him to make these decision, but he was riding with it even if it wasn't in his best interest. He lunged at his father but he was slow and sluggish, days worth of drugs Installed in him multiple times was not doing him any good and it cost him, because he came into contact with a stiff, strong fist that pushed itself into his stomach hard and sent him stumbling back, gasping for breath.

What the hell was he thinking its useless. But his mind kept propelling him forward. 

"why are you doing this to them!?" he goes forward only to get shoved and punched again "why are you doing this to her!?" he shouted, another punch to his gut. 

His body was telling him to stop.

"why are you doing this to ME!?" he yelled, eyes burning into his father's soulless ones before throwing himself at his father, trying to harshly shove him back. But his father caught his arms and twisted them until he cried out in agony before throwing him to the floor.

He loomed over Chanyeol who just stared up at him helplessly. Yes Dokyung thought, you are helpless and I'll make you feel even more helpless and pathetic, his eyes burned with hatred. 

"you want to know why I'm doing this to you?" he said low and deep "I'm doing it because you ruined my ing life!" he put emphasis behind his word with a kick to Chanyeol's arm. 

Jongin and Jongdae watched in horror, at the scene that was playing out. This was Chanyeol's father? This man that equaled to a demon was related to a smiley always happy Chanyeol? But looking on, Chanyeol wasn't happy, in fact Chanyeol was miserable, so utterly and unbelievably miserable and broken. He looked like a small child lying on the ground who was finally facing the monster under his bed.

They both silently agreed that this was the real Chanyeol. The one he had so securely protected from everyone's view, he had deceived and manipulated them all and he himself even started to believe it at some point. 

On the other side of the room Mina, who was scared and heartbroken for Chanyeol also agreed with the silent realization. 

Also on the opposite side of the room, Baekhyun had woken from his stupor in shock and denial, in hatred and sadness, seeing the seen unfold before him. 

"YOU RUINED MY LIFE EVER SINCE YOU WERE BORN, EVER SINCE YOUR PATHETIC MOTHER DIDN'T ABORT YOUR ING ! I DRAGGED HER TO THAT PLACE MYSELF BUT SHE REFUSED!" his father spat.

"YOU WERE AN UGLY , DID YOUR MOTHER NOT TELL YOU I WAS NEVER THERE WHEN YOU WERE BORN?!" he laughed manically "NOPE!, I WAS OFF ING SOME OTHER WOMAN, YOUR MOTHER WAS OVER HER PURPOSE AND I WAS MOVING ON!" he kicked Chanyeol, hard, making him let out a yell. 

"YOU WERE BAD LUCK FROM THE BEGINNING, A ING DEMON CHILD! THAT WENT TO COURT AND I ENDED UP HAVING TO STAY WITH HER AND YOU AND WORK MY OFF FOR YOU UNGRATEFUL ! MY LIFE WENT TO HELL, EVERYTIME I SAW YOU, I WANTED TO PUNCH YOUR FACE IN!" he kept yelling, he punched Chanyeol harder and harder until the boy was coughing up blood. He tried to roll away but was too weak,

"I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN AND THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN IS IF YOU DIE!" he kicked and kicked Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol mind was swimming, he was crying he knew, he was bawling his eyes out, is this what he was? A pathetic worthless person? Should his mom have killed him before he even looked like a human? At this moment all he could think was; yes, yes she should've, none of this would be happening if he didn't exist. Yes just let him die, let him spare everyone the trouble of having to be around him. He was worthless, I'm sorry mom, why did you keep me? Let's just be together again okay?

"DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!" Dokyung was screaming. So much force behind his act,

Kick after kick after kick, Chanyeol felt the life draining from him and he welcomed it, succumbed to it, he felt his ribs break, felt the bone in his arm break as his father kept stomping on him. 

The four other people in the room lurched forward. All drained dry from horror and shock, Chanyeol was bloody and blood was spilling from reopened wounds and from his lips. They grabbed onto Chanyeol's father's shoulders and legs and put all their weight into pulling him off Chanyeol. Baekhyun couldn't believe his eyes, this was murderous, Chanyeol was dying. When the realization hit him his heart dropped to the soles of his feet and he desperately with everyone else clawed and pulled at Dokyung's shoulders and legs. They finally get him off and push him to the ground. Then looked in his eyes was indeed murderous. How could someone do that to their own flesh and blood, wish them gone and try to kill them. 

While the other three tried to contain the father by tying him up with some rope that was lying around Baekhyun crawled towards Chanyeol, who was a bloody and bruised mess. No one deserves this, no one. His eyes welled up and tears spilled over. Chanyeol didn't deserve this, Baekhyun wails even though he wasn't the one hurting so badly that he looked like he was already a dead body. 

The small, slow rise of Chanyeol's chest was the only thing that told Baekhyun other wise. He scooped him up into his lap "oh god, Chanyeol, Chanyeol open your eyes" Baekhyun's lightly tapped the boys cheek trying to keep him concious because Baekhyun didn't want to take the chance that Chanyeol would fall asleep and never wake up. 

"Baek...hyun?" the name a whisper on his lips, but he heard it nontheless 

"yes, it's me, God Chanyeol, don't sleep, stay awake" 

Tears were streaming down Baekhyun face in waves that he could hardly see through the blur. His heart broke into a million pieces, seeing Chanyeol like this. 

He saw his lips move but didn't hear what he said,

"what" Baekhyun asked. 

"stay....wi..th..me" he whispered. 

Baekhyun pushes back his sweaty matted hair that also had caked blood in it. He looked like a piece of meat thats just been sliced up and thrown out in the end. His heart swelled,

"always" Baekhyun answered back, not noticing Chanyeol's soft smile before the boy slipped into a cool, dark shell.

They heard a bang from outside the door and muffled footsteps running around, shouts followed.

"Police! Police! You're all under arrest!"