Chapter 10

A Star In Daylight

The morning wasn't going in Baekhyun's favor and he wasn't in the mood to deal with Chanyeol and his annoying friend Sehun. Baekhyun didn't know where he was going, he didn't want to be in class but it was mostly because he couldn't find the classroom. He's been wandering the halls since he got here, he was too nervous to ask anyone for directions.

He looked around the hallway he was now in, it was empty and there were mostly just lockers with two doors between the rows. Baekhyun looked at the door numbers, slipping his schedule out of his pocket to check and sighed when he saw it, again, wasn't the right door along with the other one across from it. Baekhyun drops his hands to his sides, balling up his fists and crinkling his schedule before he opened his mouth to let out a frustrated groan. Why the hell is this day such a crappy one? His mind reels back to the conversation with his mother and he drops his head to the ground, staring at the wrinkled paper,

"hey" a deep voice comes from behind Baekhyun along with a huge hand clamping down on his shoulder. 

Baekhyun jumped away from the sudden appearance, his eyes wide as he looks into the face of the handsome Park Chanyeol. 

"you scared me" Baekhyun exclaimed putting a hand at his heart for emphasis. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" he says looking genuinely apologetic. 

Baekhyun didn't know what to make of this moment, he couldn't stop the fact that his eyes roamed over Chanyeol's tall frame, from his hot, messy hair look to how good the uniform looked on him, the way the dark navy dress shirt enhanced his broad shoulders and lean but toned body. Baekhyun found himself enjoying the view but he quickly gained composure before he went too far. 

"you should be, you almost gave me a heart attack" Baekhyun said looking at him. Goodness, those big beautiful brown eyes just stared back at him so warm and inviting. "what are you doing here anyway? Where's your friend?" 

"he went to class, I came to see if you were okay" Chanyeol said stepping closer to Baekhyun.

"what are you talking about?" Baekhyun asked 

"I noticed you looked a bit down" Chanyeol replied "I came to check on you"

"we aren't even friends and I'm fine" Baekhyun starts to walk forward ready to pass Chanyeol and go on another hunt for his class which he is sure has already began. But Chanyeol suddenly sticks a long arm out blocking his path.

"wha-?" Baekhyun started looking up at Chanyeol but stopped as the large boy looked down at him. 

The softness in his eyes have left and replaced with a hard stare, his face looked serious and Baekhyun already wasn't used to this look, he didn't know him that well but Baekhyun could tell that Chanyeol was a happy person so it threw him off to see this look on his face now,

"are you really okay?" he asked staring into Baekhyun's eyes, he felt like he couldn't inhale any air.

"I-I'm fine" Baekhyun stutters, he pushes at Chanyeol's arm that was still blocking him.

"but aren't you lost?" he hears him say as he walked away,

Baekhyun turned back around to see him standing there, his hands now in his pockets. 

"how did you know?" 

"well, for one, this hall is just lockers and these two rooms are old classrooms now turned storage rooms" Chanyeol pointed with either hand at the two doors Baekhyun was just looking at. 

He felt the blush creeping up his neck, but held his ground. "so what if I'm lost?" 

"I could help you" Chanyeol says walking closer, the hard front he showed earlier disappearing completely, he now showed Baekhyun a small half smile.

Baekhyun found the gesture extremely cute.

"let me see your schedule" he holds out his hand as he stood a few feet from Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun complied because he really had no choice, he had to find this class. He holds out his crumpled schedule and Chanyeol takes it. 

"wow, who upset you?" he said trying to flatten out the piece of paper. 

Baekhyun watched as he read his schedule but soon he found himself watching other things. He watched the way some messy strands fell over his forehead, he watched how his lashes fluttered as he blinked, he watched his lips that were parted slightly, his eyes even scanned down to his throat at the y Adams apple that laid there but he found himself gravitating back to his lips and watched how he flicked his tongue between them. Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut trying not to think of how hot this guy looked. 

"-class" Baekhyun opened them realizing Chanyeol had been talking. 

"what was that?" he asked 

"I said, we have the same class, I could take you" he comes closer stopping inches away from a dazed Baekhyun. 

They were in the same class? Suddenly Chanyeol leaned over, close to Baekhyun's ear, he could feel the tall boys warm breath tickling him. His heart was pounding in his chest, what was happening?

"next time" Chanyeol whispered "don't stare at my lips like that, I won't hold back".

He then continues walking down the hall, Baekhyun turns around in shock, he noticed!? Chanyeol turned around,  giving Baekhyun a cute smile "you coming?" 

Baekhyun followed after him even though he felt like he has just gotten himself into something he wasn't prepared for.