August 21, 2017

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 21, 2017. 0.00 AM, in my room.

 

Is it just me or Yesung has been very weird these past few days?.

 

Last week, after he said that me and Haknyeon looks good together *ew*, which sounds like he didn’t mean it, he seems very gloomy and all.

 

I was going to ask him why did he sounds like he didn’t mean it, but I just brush it off. Maybe he’s a bit bitter that his bestfriends are dating *ugh* each other, and that he has to be the third wheel *Yesung sweetie, no*.

 

So I said to him “we’re not dating”

 

“Who?”

 

I rolled my eyes at him. “Me and Haknyeon, obviously” I said. “We’re not dating. Haknyeon was just talking to me, Heechul saw it and misunderstood the situation” ‘yeah as if’ I added in mind.

 

He smiles. A sincere one this time. “You’re not?”

 

“We’re not” I said. “We’re just a very very close friends. He’s just like an older brother to me”

 

“Ha” Yesung said. “He’s just older by a few months than you”

 

“Still older” I said proudly.

 

“I can call you noona then”

 

I frowned at him. “Do you have to be so petty about ?”

 

He laughed. The same, usual, calming laugh. “You always know how to make me laugh”

 

My eyebrows furrowed. I know him too much to think that he’s fine. “Is there something happening again?”

 

Yesung smiles bitterly. “As expected from ms.  Kim Ryeowook. You really can read me” he said, trying to sound funny, which failed. “Just... usual drama”

 

“Heechul again?”

 

Yesung nods. He sighs. “I just... can’t get her” he said. “One minute she’s fine, and the next she isn’t” he added bitterly. “And one minute she loves me, and the next she’s flirting with some guy from the football team”

 

“Maybe....” I took a deep breath. As much as I dislike Heechul, Yesung’s happiness matters. If she’s the one who he wants, I should help him be with her. As much as Haknyeon keeps telling me to steal her boyfriend, I still doesn’t have the guts to do it. She’s cheer captain, and I’m on the bleachers. “Maybe she wasn’t flirting? Like, maybe it was just her way of showing her friendship?”

 

“Yeah, right” Yesung said. “She scolded me when I tried to talk to her when she’s with that guy” there was a moment of silent. He looked up. “You know what... sometimes, I’m confused of my own feelings”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Yeah. It was like, I think I like Heechul. She’s a very cool person, and fun to talk to at times. She can be nice, sweet, and caring in her own way” Yesung said. “But she’s also very tiring to deal with at the same time” he adds. “It’s like, sometimes I just want to end this all, but part of me wants to give her another chance”

 

I didn’t say anything as I just pulled him in for a hug, hoping that it would cheer him up. This is what we usually do to each other since we were kids. I seriously have no other intentions other than to cheer him up.

 

But as if he’s not used to it, I can feel him startled, and pushed me away.

 

“What—“

 

“I— I’m sorry, I think I have to go” he said as he stands up. “I forgot I have a chemistry test”

 

“But—“

 

“See you later, Wookie” Yesung said, a bit too fast, even before I can finish my sentence. “I hope you get well soon”

 

And he left just as soon as he had come.

 

“But you didn’t even take chemistry class?” I continued my sentence after he left.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter