•4•

The artistry of royalty

Prince Hoseok reentered the room at your mothers instruction and he immediately dropped to one knee. “Your majesty, Queen _____. Will you take my hand in marriage?” He beamed.

The ring was average considering you spent your live practically dripping in Jewels.

You took a deep breath and looked at your mother before replying. “Yes, yes I will.” You announce.

Your mother sashayed over to the two of you, expensive gown flowing as she walked. “Well. It is decided. The wedding will take place in a few months.” She informed you.

Prince Hoseok escorted you up to your chambers and sat with you on your bed. “You are to be my wife and it is the most momentous honour I will ever encounter.” He told you clutching his heart.

Oh lord. How are you even going to tell him you don’t want to marry him. “As it is for I.” You agreed untruthfully.

He sighed and reached out to touch your hair making you jump back a little. “There is no need to be scared my Queen. I must say i am enthralled by you. Your skin tone. So deep and rich like coffee beans and your hair so...I don’t know how to describe it but it is beautiful.”

You can’t help but feel a little smile creep on your face as you’ve never really had those types of compliments. Only from Namjoon...

“I don’t deserve such kind words but thank you.” You say.

A knock sounds at the door and you tell them to enter. It’s Namjoon carrying a bottle of something and two glasses. “Your mother instructed me to bring this to you to celebrate your...engagement.” He says bitterly.

He places them on the table and Hoseok pipes up. “Anyway, what are you thinking of naming our children?” He asks.

Namjoon chokes and you drop the empty glass of wine in your hand. Hoseok assesses the situation and becomes curious. “I’ll fetch you another glass your majesty.” Namjoon tells you before walking towards the door.

“Oh and tuck your shirt in peasant.”

“Leave him alone!” You raise your voice.

Hoseok looks at you like you had grown another head and Namjoon was pauses at the door.

You clear your throat and smiled awkwardly. “He gets it enough from my mother. Let’s give him a break shall we?” You suggest.

“Ahh, a woman of the people. I love it.” Hoseok smiles, you and Namjoon both let out a breath and all continues.

It wasn’t until that night that you had a chance to talk to Namjoon. You were sorting your hair out for the night, tucking the twists into the cap secured on your head when you heard a knock at your window.

Namjoon lets himself and begins pacing. “You’re marrying him?” He bushes and flaps his arms. “Namjoon...really? If I refuse, the kingdom will be broke. At least I’m still in power and i can keep you here.” You respond.

He stood back and scoffed. “Keep you here?” He mimicked in speech marks. “And you genuinely think you’d still be in power? Who would the people rather abide? You, or a king? Plus, you’re-“

He stopped.

“I’m what Namjoon? Black? That’s it? They wouldn’t abide by me because I’m black?” You shouted.

There was silence before he rested his hands on your shoulders. “I’m mad because i love you and i know of you marry him you’ll never be his equal. If you married me...” he mumbled with his head hung low.

You shrug his hands off and place your on his face and cup his soft plush cheeks. “Then I shall marry you.” You say. He look up to your eyes looking genuinely quizzed. “Let’s run away.” You smile. Again he looked puzzled. “But you wanted to keep the kingdom safe, if you’re out and about the country with me, you can’t be!”

He had a point. “ it.” You said. Namjoon scoffed amusedly. “What did you say?” He asked. “ it!” You called out. “What foul language from such a beautiful young lady.” He chuckled and tapped your lips. “Let’s do it milady.”

You spent an hour packing and just before you go you began to whine. “What’s wrong?” You heard your husband to be ask from the window. “All my wigs and weaves...i can’t take them.” You pout looking into your walk in wardrobe of hair.

“Your natural hair is beautiful. You don’t need those wig things.” He drones.

You decide he’s right and you escape out of the window and ‘borrow’ a pair of horses. Together you ride out of the city.

Little did you know what cost this foolish plan of action would have.

 

(A/N: IVE BEEN WRITING ON THIS FOR THREE YEARS ITS MY ACC ANNIVERSARY.)