•1•

The artistry of royalty

You sat in the throne room, posed for your first royal painting and you huffed. "Aww, this is so boring! Can't you just take a picture of me the the invention that the young man brought in previously? What was it no- oh! A camera?" You frustratingly remarked.

Namjoon, the royal painter and servant, peered around from the giant easel and cracked a smirk. "Your majesty, I enjoy painting you as much as you enjoy sitting there. Also, cameras are bogus, they don't work and never will." You and all of the servants in the castle tended to speak rather informally to each other.

Not disrespectfully of course, just friendly banter. "Namjoon, I could have you executed you know." You smiled and threw a grape at him. "You're lucky I've already painted that grape or the whole painting would have been ruined." You both laughed and the air....changed.

This is something that tended to happen all the time with the painter. His father was the royal painter when your parents were King and Queen. Which means as children you and Namjoon tended to play together. Of course that was before your parents would drag you away from each other.

When your father died, your mother vowed to give up her throne when you were of age. The reason being the throne didn't feel right without him. Something you thought was wonderfully sad.

Namjoon's father was fired as he just reminded the Queen of the times she would be painted with her husband. So to keep the money in the family, he begged the Queen to allow his son to paint from now on.

"H-how do I look?" You stuttered after breaking the line of eye contact. "Beautifully wonderful." He blushed from behind the painting.

The huge doors to the throne room opened and in waltzed your mother, her expensive dress dragging across the marble floor and the jewels around her neck glittering in the sunlight.

"My daughter, it isn't long until the official coronation! How do you feel?" She smiled. You notice that she smiled a lot now. The crown must have being weighing her down. "I feel positively frightened mother. What if I mess up?" You frown.

Although you frowned, your mother still smiled radiantly. "When I picked up the crown, I was 14. 4 whole years younger than you. Your father was 19." You think how bad that was, 14 and 19?

"When we went to bed, I began to sob because I thought I would surely destroy the kingdom. And you want to know what your father said?" She asked you in a whisper.

You nodded and you noticed the tears in your eyes. "He said 'You are a powerful black woman, just like the Queen before you. If it's one thing the kingdom needs, it's you'" She choked the last word out.

You both chucked and began to sob. "I miss him mama, every damn day." You cried. She placed her arms around you and rubbed your back. "Me too baby."

A clearing of a throat shook you both from your moment. Namjoon gave you both a box of tissues an bowed deeply. "Your majesty, m'lady, the royal painting is complete." He announced and he turned the easel around revealing to you the amazing painting.

He had captured everything, the bowl of fruit by your side, every detail of the rather expensive gown you were wearing, the light reflecting on your jewellery, the long length of your hair (because the Queen has to have a bomb weave).

"Marvellous Namjoon. I will see to it that you are rewarded accordingly." You told him, for a second you see him smirk. Then you smirk. "A-ah, thank you most graciously your majesty."

Before you could do anything else your mother was dragging you out of the throne room and into a dressing room.

She had been silent the whole time the servants were making you over for the coronation.

"______, tell me truthfully, do you like that painter boy?" She asked sternly. You were a little taken back by the question. "No mother, of course not, I was just really appreciative of his work. Painting is an amazing skill." You smiled.

Satisfied with your answer, she was suddenly happy again.

Once you were all done you were lead to the front of the castle. You could here many fanfare tunes being played and the excitement of all the people to become your loyal subjects.

The doors were opened, the daylight almost blinding you and you began to walk. When you reached the stone wall of the balcony you canned the crowed. Thousands of people were packed into the courtyard. You looked down to the servants row and spotted Namjoon.

He smiled and winked at you making you blush in front of all these people. As if you weren't nervous enough. Your mother joined your side and held up the crown.

The circle of jewel-encrusted gold was placed around your head and you looked outward with a smile.

"My people! I wish us to overcome every upcoming obstacle together. The kingdom is like a machine, every part must work together in order for the perfect outcome. I believe if I am half of a great monarch as my parents then this kingdom is in great hands!"

The crowd went wild and after all the celebrations, you went to bed. Your new bedroom was huge with a bathroom just in the next room. You took in all the splendour and smiled. "I am Queen." You said out loud, giggling afterward.

You lay on your bed and kicked a leg up. "Yeah, hey, I'm the Queen." You burst out laughing at yourself and went over to the mirror. "Oh hello! The prime minister of England? Nice to meet you. Ah don't bow. You should kneel." You laugh again.

You sit on the window ledge in weakness. Your laughter dies out when you see a silhouette of a figure on the roof of the far end of the castle. "What are you doing?" You whisper to yourself. You notice that the figure is sitting, relaxing.

Before you know it, the window is open and you are out on the ledge with your robe wrapped tight around you.

You climb for a good minute and walk across the roof until you are right behind the figure. "Namjoon? What are you-"

"Your majesty! You shouldn't be up here! It's dangerous!" He spews out of embarrassment. "Neither should you but here we are." You speak calmly. "Can I sit with you?"

Namjoon smiles and pats the roof next to him. "Yes your majesty."

 

 

 

(A/N: What was that? "Salem, where is the last part of 'all for safety'?" Ah that's what I thought you said. WELL, I been gone so let me fill you innn. I'm in my second year of uni now and it's so great, pushed me to the brink of the edge, but great, I hardly write now. But I'm here with something fresh and I'm gonna be working on doing All for safety first then Magic is Marvellous. And this will be a side bit.

Thanks for yall that hype me up in my messages and comments, a sis need it! Hope you enjoy!

 

tumblr: Namjoonsreflection