Chapter 2

Uncovered Ties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok POV

 

It's not like I could blame anyone. But it was really starting to get annoying that no one believed me. Even if I were lying, I always deceived at least one of the other boys. Had they grown tired of my games, like the boy with the wolf? But even Namjoon was involved, wasn't that enough? Someone as stubborn and ruminative as the writer, one of the boys had to take him seriously, right? I guessed that something as extreme as this just didn't happen, and no matter who it happened to, there was no way to get anyone to believe you.

I sighed and allowed myself to calm down. I glanced at Namjoon, and when he met my gaze we shared a silent conversation, arguing on whether to persist or not. Eventually, Namjoon won, with his stubbornness I'd thought about moments prior, and replied, "Alright, we’ll stop...we’re sorry; it was a bad joke." I shot him a glare at that, then looked at my feet when I remembered this needed to be done. "Let’s go Jimin, I’ll help with the editing. But Jin hyung, I don’t think Joonie hyung is feeling well enough to write, can’t we push back the date? Just one more day is fine; he was telling me during lunch he was having a massive headache."

I looked worriedly at Namjoon, for a second believing he was actually ill, but then remembered after seeing myself that I was in the other's body. Namjoon looked so uptight and formal though, and I had to kick the other's shoe as a signal for him to relax. But then I caught onto the lie and quickly agreed. "Yeah, hyung, I think I’m having a migraine. I can’t focus at all." I frowned and furrowed my brows, trying to be like Namjoon when he doesn't feel well. 

After passing a couple more words with the others, Jimin, Namjoon and I went into our office area, where the me and Namjoon sat at our usual desks and got to work. However, Jimin helped us recognise that we needed to switch, so we quickly did, and I sat at Namjoon's desk, staring down at the papers helplessly. I was an editor, not a writer.

After several minutes, I couldn't bare it anymore and called Namjoon, or rather, Hoseok over. Namjoon stood from his desk immediately and scurried over, carrying the files on my desk and set them down across from me, then leant in and I began whispering frantically.

"What're we gonna do?" I begged. "I can't write! I can barely edit, which is actually my job! I don't even know how your books sell!"

"Calm down!" Namjoon hissed, glancing back at Jimin for a moment. "You think I can edit? I've seen the amount of work you put, so you're fine! You're actually really good, okay? Have more faith in yourself--"

I cut him off with a moan and grabbed my hair, not hearing what I needed to. "I don't want encouragement, I want to know how to fix this!" I snapped my head up, my eyes desperate. "What if we, like, switched work? You worked on your stuff at my desk and me of mine at yours.. Oh god, what do we do? I can't write, Joonie!!"

"Well, you're going to have to learn fast!" Namjoon snapped, grabbing my wrists and yanking them down before Jimin saw. "We just have to get through today and just..figure out what's going on, okay? Then we can fix this. And we can't switch paperwork. If the other's see, especially Jimin, they'll get very mad at us and form a complaint about how we're acting."

I nodded, calm overflowing with his words. I looked down at Namjoon's hands on mine and smiled. A soft blush crept to my cheeks, however, and my goofy grin dropped. Blushing? I asked myself. For Namjoon? I don't even like him. I like someone else entirely!

"Okay, I talked with the boss and he’s not happy about it, but he said you can turn it in tomorrow. But if you delay any longer there will be consequences," Seokjin said. He went over to my empty desk and dropped a binder on it. He was clearly irritated, probably just coming out of an argument with their boss to get that extra day. "Hobi, I need you to also proofread these. And Jungkook needs you to check on his drawing, Joonie. Also, does anyone know whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter