Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning." I said a-little-too-way merrily, placing the laminated diner menu in front of my customer.

As silly as it might sound, I was extremely ecstatic yet nervous to be his patron's server. God knew why.

Take a deep breath, Son Seungwan. Just smile and let's just get this over with. He is just a beautiful human being who is your long-time crush and happens to be eventually here and talk to you, as your customer, he is not proposing. Just calm down. Be still, heart.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

"I am Son Seungwan and I'll be at your service today. Do you want to order now?" I purposely emphasized my name so that he would hear it clearly and hopefully remember it.

I saw him around the diner almost everyday but this was my first time talking to him in person like this. I was a little embarrassed if defeaning sound of my high-pitched voice indirectly scared him. So, again, I struggled to maintain a nervous smile.

 "Yes, and I'd like a cup of black coffee, please." His voice was so deep and husky yet it was soft. Making eye contact with him, it caught me by surprise. I was certain that he clearly noted my pink-tinted cheeks. As a result, I lowered my head in order to hide my face, so he couldn't continuously see me blushing.

He chuckled lightly after seeing my reaction. That damn chuckle, I could listen to it as I listened to my all-time favorite song.

I was distracted by the air of sweetness that exuding out from him so I was speechless for a few seconds, I just feigned an understanding nod.

With a grin from ear to ear, I asked. "Anything else?"

 "No thanks for now. I'll let you know if I do." He flashed his deep-dimpled smile at me, the kind of smile that could light my whole world. That was the most adorable smile I had ever seen in my entire life.

"Oh, okay. I'll bring your coffee in a minute." I simply said, turning my back on him.

Before I went to the kitchen, I sneaked a peek of him. With sheepish grin I saw him taking a small notebook from his coat pocket and starting to write something on it. Seeing him lost in a deep thought was the new thing I discovered. Again, I couldn't stop a wide smile to set on my face.  

I was back with a tray with a cup of coffee he requested on it. When I was about to hand it over to him, a sudden movement from him caused the cup to slip from my hand. I shrieked as he sprung out of his chair in time before the coffee stained his outfit.

I stared at him in horror. "Oh , Song Seungwan, you're a ing fool!" I unconsciously cursed out loud.

"I am sorry! I am terribly sorry!" I cried out as I genuinely apologized. I quickly grabbed the napkin on the table and helped him to wipe his wet shirt. I looked fearfully at him, searching for any potential injury I made. Gladly, he didn't hurt.

He didn't look mad, he seemed so relaxed like nothing happened while my heart was still racing in fearful chest.

He gazed at me. "Are you asking for my forgiveness?"

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded, trying to stimulate his words.

"You just ruined my favorite shirt, I don't think I can forgive you." He finished his sentence with a firm tone.

I stopped any movement and clutched the napkin tighter. I was so scared if he was being serious right now. 

Before I could form sentence to reply him, he started again. "I won't forgive you." 

"I..." There was nothing to come up with.

"I won't forgive you, Seungwan-ssi." I was surprised in a heartbeat when he mentioned my name. 

"I won't forgive you," He insisted before saying somethig else. "Or I could do it," He paused.

He set his big eyes focusedly on me. "If you do me a favor." They suddenly changed into a pair of playful ones accompanied with a sly smile.

"Huh?" Did I hear it correct? I had never been so puzzled in my whole life.

"I...Was it..." I was now babbling like a buffoon. Couldn't think of answer instead of thinking what kind a favor that he meant.

"Let's get out of here." He said, it was more like order. He grabbed my hand. "There's a winter carnaval at the park."

"Huh?"

"Go get your coat. I'll forgive you if you do what I say." I was not sure what he did, I lost in his eyes and it was like being hypnotized I just did what he said.

I went inside and headed to my locker to take off my apron and grabbed my coat. I asked my friend to cover for me today and told her that I was sick so I could take a rest.

He waited for me outside with his back me. I almost forgot who I was and where I was. The fact that he was actually stranger randomly just grabbed my hand and asked me to be with him, didn't make me feel uneasy at all.

The next thing I knew was both of us were standing outside. I could hear yells, laughters and music. A sign on a nearby pole said that it was a Winter Carnival to raise money for charity was being held at a park today. It was a complete crowd. Kids were running around, ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter