Chapter 4

Look What Moon Byulyi Made Me Do

Firstly, sorry for not updating. :( But here I am, posting this update. >< I'm not gonna make this chapter as the Halloween night one (probably the next update). And I changed Moonbyul to Byulyi, because I just love it, hehe. Hope it's okay though. Enjoy reading. ^^

__________________________________________________

It’s all started when Byulyi was still 5 years old.

Back then, she was bubbly, cheerful, always had a smile on her cute chubby face, laughed to a simplest stupid jokes and always did things that she considered as fun like find new friends or just kept playing like any normal kids. Until one day, she experienced the biggest trauma in her life. It was a day before her 5th birthday, when her mom and dad, her only one big brother and she herself on the way to their home after did some shopping at the mall to buy some gifts for her birthday. She was overly happy that time when all of her family members bought something even her brother who is 2 years older than her, bought something by using his saving from the pocket money that their dad always gives him to school.

Yes, it was a pure accident. The rain poured heavily on that night and the sky was darker than usual. The road was only supported by dim light from the street lamps. That moment, Moonbyul chanting towards her father to look at the new watch that her mom just bought for her. Like any loving fathers out there, her dad smiled and turned his face to the back seat to look at the watch that she was showing to him. Even that his wife has warned him to keep an eye only on the road, but her dad just won’t listened just because he didn’t want to disappoint his only daughter. He loved Byulyi so much that he will do anything for her. But that was the most unlucky choice that he just made.

When a big truck headed towards the opposite direction of them, her mom suddenly yelled out loud which made her dad startled and quickly looked at the front. It happened so fast. Due to the shocking state that her dad had that time, he can’t think straight that he decided to avoid the truck, unacknowledged about the slippery road. Unfortunately, the car lose control and got into bushes at the right side of the road then hit unto a thick trunk of a huge tree so hardly.

Her dad’s body was jumped out from the car because of the impact that hit directly at the driver’s seat. The front glass window of the car shattered and some pieces hit into her mom’s eyes. Yes, her dad has been informed pass away on the way to the hospital and her mom is completely blind since then. While Byulyi and her older brother were fine, just some wounds on their body.

Unfortunately for Byulyi, her life started to crumble and becomes so much messy since that day. Her dad died and her mom is blind just a day before her birthday. Since then, her birthday is nothing special anymore for her and she was not celebrating it at all. There is a huge guilt, regret and sadness inside her heart that she keeps until now. Sometimes, she will always unconsciously reminded herself that the accident has happened back then was all her fault. If she didn’t too excited to show her new watch to her father on that freaking time, the accident may never happen.

Byulyi changed completely after that. Her friends started to avoid her when they noticed this one kind of dark aura surrounded her. She also sometimes scolded some kids whose want to get close with her. That time, she just wanted to be alone. She loses some weights and became unexpectedly skinny almost looks like skeleton. Even her relationship with her mom worsening day by day. Byulyi was completely upset when her mom also put all the blames on her. Until one day, her mom yelled at her and said the most hurtful words that Byulyi has ever heard in her entire life.

“If I don’t buy that stupid watch for you until you got so over excited that moment, I would never become blind and your father will still alive.”

Byulyi cried every night remembered about how shame and hateful her mom’s voice that time. Everday she tried to talk with her mom, said sorry for a lot of times while tears kept floated down to her cheeks. But her mom never listened to her as the feeling of hatred takes over most of the space in her mom’s heart for Byulyi.

Glad she has her brother who is so supportive and still stay by her side no matter what. Her brother was the only person that she could trusts to, let out her feelings to and also can still made her smile with his stupid jokes. She can still remained happy as long as her brother stay that way eventhough her life was truly bitter. Not until one day, everything changed again for Byulyi.

When Byulyi and her brother entering Elysian Academy, her mom has been sent to her grandparent’s house in Bucheon. Her grandparent would surely take care of her mom since Byulyi and her brother will not living at their house anymore. What can she said, her grandparent accepted that all of the things that has happened was an accident and thankfully they never blame Byulyi for that like how the others would do. But after all, their relationship is not at a good state like before. Byulyi can sense the tense stares and awkward smiles that her grandparent always give to her but Byulyi decided to ignore all of it and concentrates on her study.

It was a good start-up for Byulyi in Elysian Academy at first. Even her brother was doing so well too. Her brother was undeniably one of the most discipline students, yet overly active that he participated in a lot of activities that were organized by the academy and had becomes one of the teacher’s pet for some teachers. Until that one surprising day, her brother has been selected to take over the most important student role inside the campus. And that’s how their relationship ruined miserably.

Her brother has warned her once to pretend that they are not sibling by blood anymore just to maintain his good reputation inside the campus. Byulyi was surely hurt by that and can hopelessly asked her brother why. And her brother’s stern answer made Byulyi’s heart shattered into million pieces.

“I don’t know, Byulyi. I just have the feeling that the presence of you as my little sister… will affected my reputation at here. Sorry.”

Her brother has totally changed since he took over the role. That freaking important role that Byulyi just wanted to throw a few punches to her brother’s face. He got a lot of friends, not forget to mention girls started to cling around her brother, because well yeah he is so hella good-looking. And the teachers always praised him whether because of his good result in examination or even how he so trustworthy and reliable to help them with a lot of stuffs going on inside the campus.

And Byulyi has been left alone, once again. She felt triggered everytime when she coincidently bumped into her brother, he would always gave a pitiful look and then cold stare without uttered a word. Byulyi felt that she was useless. First, her dad passed away, then her mom’s hatred towards her, and now her supportive brother before has abandoned her. Byulyi started to feel the unused to continue her study at the academy anymore and that her results dropped drastically.

But then, Byulyi was more shocked to know the sudden disappearance of her brother. For what kind of reason that Byulyi can’t even guessed what. And the academy has started becomes completely chaotic and all the students have been divided into 6 different cliques. With every cliques having endless war toward each other. Byulyi decided to enter The Greasers’ clique and unexpectedly in a short time, she has becomes the leader. And she just loves the idea of that. Leader of the most dangerous clique in the campus, yet she will be one of the most fearful persons to another students. How cool is that?

The thoughts of the past that were playing on her mind quickly went away after Byulyi snapped back into reality. She was currently sitting at the usual desk inside her gang’s headquarter, spacing out like it is one the things that she is not usually does. Byulyi taps her fingers crazily as the thought of her brother got back into her mind like a broken record. Byulyi let out an annoyed smile as she grasps both of her knuckles tightly until they turned pale. Now she knows that she truly, honestly and totally hates her brother so much.

For God sake.

The original SCP (Student Council President) of Elysian Academy, that out of the blue running away without a valid reason, named Moon Minseok.

Is Byulyi’s older brother.

Yet still, anyone never know about that.

---

It still has three days more before Halloween festival will be held inside Elysian Academy. Full preparation still in process thankfully with the helps from Kim Yongsun and four students that willingly claimed themselves not involving in any of the cliques’ war that happening inside the campus. It was absolutely the first time Yongsun acknowledges that but then she feels slightly happy to know about it. Isn’t that a little good sign for her main goal?

“What you called yourselves again?”, Yongsun asked out of the blue when she is putting a fake bat on one of the walls at outside main building of Elysian academy.

Lisa, who was tightly holding the ladder that Yongsun climbed to, gave a mischief grin eventhough the older girl couldn’t see it. “Blackpink.”

Yongsun furrows while she climbs the ladder down back and jumps onto the ground slowly. She looks at Lisa with curiousity clearly written on her face. “Why Blackpink anyway?”

Lisa let out an awkward grin this time and secretly nudges Rose beside her who busies engaging herself playing a particular game in her smartphone. Rose looks up from the smartphone and spares a not-so-furious glare towards Lisa. Lisa slowly brings closer to the red-haired girl beside her and whispers something.

“Ah..” Rose muttered slowly under her breath, comprehends on what Lisa trying to imply. Rose looks at the curious Yongsun in front of them and gives her a sweet smile. “It actually means nothing!”, Rose claimed out loud and let out a huge grin, showing her teeth.

“Yah, it does means something!” Jisoo, who seems like the eldest among all of them, hit Rose’s head softly. The red-haired girl growled unsatisfied while her hands rubbing the spot on her head that has been attacked by Jisoo. Jisoo shakes her head and looks at Yongsun, smiles warmly. “Because black and pink are our official favourite colours. These girls seem have forgot about that.”

Jennie, who proclaims herself that she is the youngest, rolls her eyes. “How can we remember such lame reason about how the name ‘Blackpink’ appeared?”

Jisoo pouts cutely, unsatisfyingly looking at the three other girls whose don’t care about it. “You guys are meanie, you know.”

Yongsun can’t help herself to laugh looking at the cute interaction between the four girls. Actually, the four of them are still half freshman students, almost get into their sophomores in another few months. Eventhough they are participating in different kind of cliques between each other, but they exclaimed proudly that they didn’t have hateful war toward one another. Plus the interesting fact that the four of them have known each other really well since high school and become best friends.

“Which clique each of you joining if you can let me know?”, Yongsun asks once more. Now they are making their ways to the path that separated the girls’ dorm and the boys’ dorm. Yongsun planned to put another more decorations outside both of the dorms before they finish their works for that day. The theme for the Halloween night this time is ‘Bright Horror’ which represents to all the intimidating or not-so decorations around the campus but more lights will joining. Yongsun considers to put more cheerful Halloween decorations rather than the typical dark ones. So yeah, Yongsun is super anticipating it.

Jisoo is the first person to answer the question while giving a wholehearted huge smile. “Rose and I are joining The Nerds clique, while Lisa and Jennie are from The Preppies as both of them are hella rich.”

Yongsun nods her head slowly. Well, basically The Nerds and The Preppies are not having that heavy fight toward one another like how the other ways around. Yongsun can see clearly why the four of them can get along well despite from only being best friends since high school. They continue doing their works, actually all the works mostly done by Yongsun and Jisoo. Lisa is nagging and high-key clinging a lot around Jennie until the youngest keeps hissing at her for getting such behaviour. While Rose still with her smartphone. But anyway, all of them were helping Yongsun a lot before too. So Yongsun feels so thankful for that.

---

“Welcome!”

As Byulyi and some boys from The Greasers’ enter the averagely huge salon, they have been greeted by a young woman with a quite tempting voice. Just this morning, the boys were talking about the Halloween night and Byulyi is actually not interested of it. But then, she has been recommended by the boys to do a cosplay just like how the other students always do everytime on the Halloween night. It was absolutely a bad idea for Byulyi since she doesn’t even gives a single care about that one tradition festival that always been done by her freaking damn academy.

But then again, Moon Byulyi has no choices when the boys were cringingly kept on begging her to do a cosplay. How odd was that when Byulyi tends to be serious all the time and didn’t cared about the boys’ stupid thinking but now she defeated and decided to agree on doing the cosplay for Halloween night thingy. Even Byulyi can’t even belief herself for willing agreed to the boys’ suggestion. And here they are, walking into a salon, for the process of the cosplay for Byulyi ‘Am I has been cursed or something?’, Byulyi thought to herself. But after a while, she shrugged it off.

Byulyi pays her full attention toward the young woman back, and this time she is a bit dumbfounded. ‘Am I seeing a real life Harley Queen in front of me or what?’ Byulyi eyeing the young woman in front of her from head to toe. She is wearing an obvious long blonde wig that have been tied into a side-to-side ponytail with half of the bottom right side dyed in blue and the other side dyed in pink. Also her heavy makeup is impressive too with a bit blue shadow under her left eye while a bit pink shadow under her right eye. She is wearing a complete outfit of Harley Queen too. ‘Wow, she looks just like the character indeed.’

“Aw, you impress with my cosplay?”, the young woman asks in a totally sarcastic tone and her lips formed a small smirk.

Byulyi clears and tries as best to keep her composure back. She glances at the other Greasers’ boys whose are fascinated over the young woman too. Byulyi let them be as she walks closer to the young woman and stretches out her hand. “I am Mo-“

“Moon Byulyi. I know you.”

Byulyi is a bit surprised to hear that. Her thick brows collided as she stares at the young woman in front of her who has crossed her arms on her chest, looking at her with a pair of interesting eyes. One thing that is undeniable that the young woman is shorter than Byulyi. “You know me?”, Byulyi asked curiously.

The young woman let out a soft yet melodic giggle before stared right into Byulyi’s hazel eyes back. She slowly accepted the handshake from Byulyi as her hand still stretched out. “You are The Greasers’ leader, I know. I’m one of The Townies, Ahn Hyejin.”, so the young woman who introduced as Hyejin shook the silver-haired girl’s hand gently before let it go.

Byulyi simply nodded. ‘You caught me off guard a bit there.’ Now Byulyi understands why The Townies has called themselves as the said name, because mainly they are just always at the town. Including this young woman who Byulyi thought that she is working at the salon. Most of the members from The Townies are actually students that are having those typical school issues but yet they didn’t have any particular enemy inside the campus. So they can be considered as the most unproblematic clique.

“So, are you planning to get a new haircut or what? I think you current appearance is quite alluring enough.”

Byulyi not mistaken that she just watched Hyejin shot a flirtatious smile to her. It can’t be helped since Byulyi secretly gulped when she noticed that this Hyejin girl has got some attitudes with her fierce yet seductive face, her tempting deep voice and that hot body, can make either boys and girls drool over her. A great example, is The Greasers’ boy who still locking their dirty stares toward Hyejin.

Byulyi shook her head disbelief before scoffed as loud as she can to grab the boys’ attentions and it worked incredibly when the boys’ panicking ran to their leader’s side. Byulyi almost slaps her own forehead watching the odd behaviour of the boys just because of what she can called an alluring young woman named Ahn Hyejin.

Byulyi looks at Hyejin back still with a stoic face. “I’m not coming for a new haircut, Hyejin-ssi. These dumb and dumber boys are asking me to do a cosplay for the incoming Halloween night in our campus.”

The Greasers’ boys just hung their heads low and awkwardly scratched their napes. Hyejin looks at all of the three boys and let out an unreadable smile. “Well, good to know then. I’m doing this Harley Queen cosplay for the night too. And… seems like I did it pretty well didn’t I, Byulyi-ssi?”, Hyejin asked her again with another sensual tone in her voice.

Byulyi didn’t know what to reply back so she just zipped shut. There she walking slowly to one of the adjustable chairs inside the salon and sat on it to get ready for her cosplaying thingy. The boys followed her suit and stood beside their leader who has comfortably sat on the black chair.

“So, what kind of cosplay you have in mind?”

Byulyi drown in her own thoughts, thinking about the answer to be given to the young woman. Hyejin walks toward in front of her, looking at her, patiently waiting for an answer. But before Byulyi can think of anything, one of the boys known as Bobby, interrupted with a huge mischief grin on his face.

“What about a rarely handsome female vampire?”

Byulyi spared a glare towards Bobby but it goes unnoticed when another voice, came from Junhoe, excitedly agreed with Bobby’s idea. “Oh yes, since our leader is a lot charmer than we do, I totally agree with that vampire idea.”

“And let’s make a prank!”, then the youngest one, Chanwoo exclaimed.

Byulyi quickly shook her head totally disapproving. She moved her index finger continuously right to left telling them a big no-no. “I’m not going to ruin The Greasers’ status as the most dangerous clique by just listening to your childish ideas, boys.”

The boys look disappointed as they softly growled unsatisfied with their leader’s bold answer. But after a while, Chanwoo let out a small smile before he continued more about the prank that he has planned in his mind. “Who said it is a childish idea, boss? I guarantee you, you’re going to get all excited for this. I called this prank as ‘Flirt and Dump’. Sounds cool, right?”

Byulyi looks at the youngest boy disbelief. ‘Flirt and Dump’? Is it some kind like flirting with someone and then dump the person just like that? What the hell? No no no. Byulyi snorted and shook her head vigorously again. “I’m not going to do this ‘Flirt and Dump’, you dumb!”

“Such a waste, boss. Because I just planned to ask you to do the prank with the new SCP.”

Byulyi kept on shaking her head before suddenly she stopped and looks at Chanwoo seriously. “New SCP?” Byulyi was surely shocked indeed. She has never know about Elysian Academy has taken a new SCP, replaced her dumb brother’s position at all. Look, she reminded about her brother again. It’s getting frustrated. So, Byulyi decided to proceed about the new SCP by asking Chanwoo. “Who is the new SCP anyway? I never know about that.”

Chanwoo shrugged his shoulders and let out a sly smile. “Well, I just know about that either. If I’m not mistaken, her name is… Kim Yongsan? Or Yongsun? Something like that.”

Byulyi felt she almost choke on her own saliva. A particular nerd-looking girl with a huge spectacle on her face and her pink Squirtle pyjama, flashed back into her mind. Byulyi remembered that the girl that she just met inside her old secret hidden place a few days ago, named Kim Yongsun too. ‘Is that why she is the current owner of that empty house? She is the new SCP?’

“Isn’t it fun to play a little prank on the new SCP, boss? If she is capable enough to be the new SCP, then how can she be to resist your charm?”, Chanwoo continued while moving his brows up and down.

“That kind of stupid idea you have in mind, Chanwoo.”

“Stupid may it sounds, but you never know until you try.”

Byulyi is totally going insane right now. Hell no, that Yongsun girl looks so innocent in her eyes. How can she cosplay a rarely handsome female vampire, flirting with the new SCP or Yongsun and then dump her just like that? Byulyi shook her head disbelief. But then, Byulyi stared to curse to her own self when she slowly buying with Chanwoo’s words about trying. Unbelievably, Byulyi felt the feeling of slight excitement a bit arouses in her heart. And she so ed up right now.

‘This is nuts. Just tell me I have been cursed by someone.’

But clearly, no one has ever put a curse on her before.

___________________________________________________

Feel free to leave your thoughts. I do read all of your comments and they are motivate me to write better. Well then, see you in the next update. ^3^