Bonding Time

I Accidentally Fell In Love With My Enemy -- ON HIATUS

Jonghyun's POV

I had invited my friends over, because I was getting bored all by myself at home. I entered the living room, with the desired snacks that the guys wanted. They were gathered in front of the T.V, their faces plastered onto the screen.

"Here guys." I placed all the food on the table. Then Onew's eyes peeled off of the bright screen and glittered.

"ME WANT CHICKEN!~" He started making grabbing motions with his hands. I furrowed my eyebrows. Grabbing the bucket before he could, I pulled it behind my back.

"Nuh uh uh~ You have to share." I chided. Onew pouted and returned his attention back to the drama they were watching. Key reached out for the popcorn and placed the huge bucket between him and Taemin.

"You have a nice place here, Jonghyun. Never thought an apartment would be this cozy." Key commented, his gaze never breaking from the screen. I smirked, pleased that my friends liked it.

"Yeah, hyung. But where's Jessica noona?" Taemin questioned. I shrugged, not really caring. She's probably still with Donghae.

I sat down between Taemin and Minho and stretched my arm out to reach the popcorn. I was about to plop one into my mouth when the door busted open. Jessica came in. She twisted the key out of the keyhole and slipped it back into her pocket. Her gaze shifted over to us and the food on the table. Her eyebrows raised.

"What are you guys doing here?" She mumbled. The guys' attention averted to her, and they smiled.

"Hi Noona~" Taemin waved, then cocked his head back to the T.V. Jessica froze. She eyed Taemin, with her narrowed eyes.

"Um, is he...okay? DId he just call me...Noona?" Jessica asked in disbelief. Key chuckled at her reaction.

"Yeah, Taemin's like that sometimes." He smiled at her again, before Taemin gasped. He jabbed his finger at the T.V.

"OMO! SHE'S HERE! THE WITCH MOTHER!" He retracted his arm and started biting his nails. Key stuffed more popcorn in his mouth and leaned in. Minho sat back and watched, but his eyes were focused. Onew was happily biting his a chicken leg he had taken from the bucket. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, but you guys are cleaning this up." She ordered. 

"Okay, okay~" The other four mumbled. I sat back and grinned, amused. I noticed that I hadn't eaten the popcorn in my hands. I threw it up and aimed my agape mouth to catch it. But just before it landed, a hand grabbed it midair. I pouted and looked to who had caught it. My frown deepened when I realized that Jessica had taken it and plopped it into . She smirked at me, and walked away into the kitchen.

I scowled. Looking at my friends, their eyes were fixed on the screen yet again. I got up from the couch and tip-toed into the kitchen. I peeked in and watched Jessica pour herself a glass of water.

HEHEHE. I have a GREAT idea....

I slowly creeped over from behind, careful not to make any noises. When I was right behind her, close enough to smell her perfume, I suddenly wrapped my arms around her waist. 

 

Jessica's POV

After pouring myself a glass of water, I saw Jonghyun from the corner of my eye tip-toeing towards me. I laughed in my mind.

This guy thinks he can scare me...

I didn't say anything, anticipating for him to yell or scream. I felt his presence behind me and I braced myself for his squeaky voice to say "Boo!" but I was startled to feel his arms snake around my waist. I froze. 

The drink in my hand almost slipping from my hands. "Hi~ did I scare you?" He teased, his hot breath tickling the hairs on my neck. He must of felt me stiffen because he chuckled from behind me. "What? Do you hate skinship?" Yes, from you!

I forced myself to smirk. "Nope. I sensed you earlier. You're really loud, but what did I expect from a dinosaur?" I said confidently, hoping that he didn't sense my uneasiness. Fortunately, he let go and frowned at me.

"So I didn't succeed in scaring you?" He said, disappointed. I raised my eyebrow.

"Tch, you don't scare me dino-head." I sipped on my water. He rolled his eyes. "Oh by the way, you shouldn't be holding any parties in the house." I reminded him. He scoffed.

"Why not? And who said it was a party? It's just a small gathering with some friends." He defended, leaning on the counter with my arms crossed.

"It's like the first restriction that our mothers mentioned. No. Parties. But okay. I won't tell." I winked, before placing the now empty glass in the sink. I was about to walk past him, when he held onto my wrist. I stiffened. What's with people and touching me today! Donghae did this too! Is he going to pull me in for a kiss?!

I whipped my head towards him. "What?" I snapped. He searched my eyes. His gaze softened and he cocked his head to the side.

"Are you okay? How was the talk with Donghae?" I winced at his change of tone and emotion. It was so weird that I thought he was trying to get to me. When I looked into his eyes I didn't see any sort of playfulness or teasing. I twisted my arm away and crossed them.

"Why are you so interested?" I sounded so cold and when he didn't reply in the same manner, I felt guilty. He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"No reason. I just wanted to know since you're going to kill me if it was pointless, unless you've forgotten." He smirked, his eyes glittering. I rolled my eyes, but sighed. I walked over next to him and leaned on the counter as well.

"It was fine. He just asked for forgiveness. And I accepted." I shrugged like it was nothing. He turned to me and coincidentally I looked up at the same time and our eyes met. We stayed like that for a couple seconds, before I broke the eye contact, because I was getting nervous at him staring at me.

"You don't...regret it, do you?" He carefully questioned. I shook my head, and smiled.

"I actually feel content. I've been holding a grudge for a while and it was a ton off my shoulders when I forgave him." I truthfully stated. I gasped inwardly when I realized that I just said that. To Jonghyun. He chuckled.

"That's good. So are you guys like...dating?" I turned to him, and luckily he didn't lock eyes with you. I paused, before giving a hesitant shake of my head.

"No. It's kind of too soon. I still have to confirm my feelings and stuff..." I looked down at the floor. Suddenly, a chuckle escaped my lips. "You know, I can't believe I'm actually saying this to you right now."

"I'll ignore that comment." He muttered. "But if he did ask you...would you say yes?" I hesitated. Well, would I?

I didn't know actually. I would just react when it would happen. It was true, I missed Donghae. I missed having a boyfriend. But I don't know if I'm ready for another commitment. I fiddled with my fingers when a short flashback crossed my mind.

**Flashback**

I speed-walked over to his house. I glanced at my watch. I was thirty minutes late for my date. I cursed in my mind. It was Valentine's Day, and my boyfriend Donghae had decided to go out on a date for the occasion. I clutched onto a heart-shaped box filled with different types of chocolates. I was going to surprise him with some of his favorites.

Have to hurry....have to hurry...

When I finally reached his front steps, I lifted my hand up to press the doorbell when I realized that the door was slightly ajar. I put my hand down a bit confused, but smiled thinking that Donghae must've left it open for me. I pushed it lightly and peeked in.

"Hello~ Dongha--" I froze. I dropped the box of chocolates, along with my heart which had broken into a million pieces. He stopped what he was doing and looked up and he froze when he saw me. Tears were starting to form and I started shaking unconciously. He scrambled over to me.

"Jessica I--" I slapped him hard on the cheek, a loud clap echoing throughout the house. A tear slid down my cheek.

"I HATE YOU! Don't EVER talk to me again." I then fled from the house, leaving the box of chocolates and my heart there.

He cheated on me. With her. H-He...he was...

I fought the urge to just collapse, as my heart left my body. The scene replayed in my mind. She was all over him. In a VERY wrong position and what was worse was that her lips were on his and he...had kissed her back. 

**Flashback ended**

I shivered when I remembered that day. I officially hated Valentine's Day ever since. To celebrate my unhappiness, I just rejected all of those cards and confessions that other guys had given me. I had forgot that Jonghyun was still there so I jumped a little when he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked concerned. Blinking, I quickly shook my head, but sighed.

"Yeah...I'll be fine. But I honestly don't know what I'll say. Maybe the answer will come when it happens." I gazed at him and gave a small grin. "You should probably go back now. They'll be looking for you..." I nodded my head at the living room. I pushed myself off the counter and headed towards the bathroom, but before I could get far I faced him again.

I scratched my head a little. "Er, thanks. For listening for me. I...uh...appreciate it." I nodded and basically ran for the bathroom.

 

Jonghyun's POV

I watched her reatreating back and sighed. It felt kind of weird to talk to her like that. I felt matured, a little. I sighed and rubbed my tired eyes. My lovely moment was ruined when Taemin ran into the room.

"Hyung~ your favorite show is coming on!" He yelped. My eyes shot up.

"REALLY?! OMO You should've told me sooner!" I flew past him and ran for the couch.

"MOVE!" I squished between Key and Onew. Key snickered.

"You back from your bonding time with Jessica?" He teased, but I ignored him. None of your business, Key.

~~~

Hello again! Comment and subscribe~~