How could you?

I love you to the extent that it hurts;

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for choosing Korean airline and please enjoy your stay in South Korea. For Korean citizen, welcome home.

 

 

After making sure they didn’t leave anything else behind, both of them walked out of the terminal and were greeted with Hoya’s parents.

His mother, couldn’t contain her feelings anymore, rushed towards him and hugged him dearly.

 

 

“I miss you my son. How are you?”

“I’m fine omma ah.” He assured her.

“How are you? Appa?”

“We are just as good as you are son.” The father replied.

 

 

“Eun Hee ah, how are you? Has Hoya been treating you well?” The mother said.

“I am fine too auntie, he treated me well, surprisingly.”

 

All of them laughed over her joke as they were leaving the airport.

 

 

 

Eun Hee took a taxi instead because she got another thing to do meanwhile Hoya and his parents went back home with his parents’ car.

 

 

He was quiet throughout the journey. Sometimes he would shift on his seat whilst looking outside. He missed Korea. He missed the fresh air that somewhat felt differently in Japan. But most importantly, he missed that one person.

The parents were discussing privately at the front when they noticed his behaviour. His mother coughed a little bit to grab his attention back to them.

 

 

“What are you thinking right now, son?”

“Nothing. I just.. missed the surrounding here.” He kept quiet for a while. “How is Yaho?” He suddenly remembered about his dog. Their dog.

“Oh, he is just fine. He is a very obedient dog.”

He just nodded.

 

 

 

“Son, we know where Hana is.”

He glanced over to his parents, shocked.

 

“You.. you do?” He sounded rather nervous. He clasped his hands together, tight.

“Yes we do. It took us quite a time to locate her. Do you want to know where she is?”

He was in a deep thought.

 

 

“How is she doing?”

“She is doing great.”

“And that is all that I wanted to know.”

“Are you sure son?” His mother sounded surprised by his decision.

“Yes.”

“If that is what you want.”

 

 

 

His gaze fell and he clasped his hands tighter before he closed his eyes and rested his body on the seat.

If you love me, please let me be alone for a while.

 

 

The sentences kept on ringing in his mind. He wanted to meet her so bad. He wanted to hug her and never let go again. But he remembered his promise to her, that he would never going to force her to come back to him, and he will wait for her.

 

 

Why are you doing this to me baby? It’s been months. When are you coming back? I miss you...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Lee, Chairman wants to see in his office.”

“Ok. Thanks Sera.”

 

 

Knock.knock.knock.

“Come in.”

 

 

“Do you want to see me?”

“Ah yes, please come in take a seat.”

“Do you know about our new company that is under construction near Gwangju?”

“Yes. What is it about?”

“I need you to go there to meet the workers. And go to meet the people around there and ask them what kind of shops they would want to have. It could be a good feedbacks for us.”

“Sure. I’ll leave in 30 minutes. Since Gwangju is quite far away from Seoul, I will stay there for one day before coming back here, if that is okay with you.”

“Yes of course son. Anything. You can bring Eun Hee along if you wanted to. It will be a good experience for her.”

 

 

He nodded. His father gave him a big hug and said;

“Son, good luck.”

 

 

 

 

After meeting with the workers and making sure everything went well, he and Eun Hee walked along the streets to meet the villagers. He felt really relaxed and enjoying the scenery there. The air was much fresher than back in Seoul.

“I’m glad that the people around here gave good responds towards our project. Besides, they needed a shopping complex around here anyways. Don’t you think so?”

“I agree. I’ve read the history about Gwangju. The people around here are really hardworking and they are open minded about the modern technology.”

“You sure have read a lot huh.”

 

 

They laughed and continue with their chatting when suddenly Hoya spotted a cafe.

“Oh there’s a cafe. Are you hungry Eun Hee ah? Do you want to eat?”

“Sure oppa.”

 

 

 

 

Both of them entered the cafe and the owner of the cafe greeted them with a polite gesture.

 

“Welcome. I can see that you are not from here. Are you from the city?”

“Yes we are. We’re actually walking towards the street and suddenly feeling hungry.”

“I see. Oh, please take a seat.”

 

The owner showed them the direction to the seats and handed them the menu.

“Can you serve us the best dishes here in Gwangju?”

The owner smiled and nodded before leaving.

 

 

 

 

“Wow, the dishes are very delicious. I wouldn’t mind coming back here again and again just to eat the dishes.”

 

Hoya smiled and gave thumbs up to her whilst he’s still devouring the dishes. He couldn’t agree more to what she had just said.

“You know what. I think if we pack some dishes and gives to the workers, they would be very happy, right?”

“That’s right oppa. This will show them how much we actually appreciate their works.”

 

He nodded and called out for the owner.

 

 

 

“Ahjumma, can I ordered 30 sets of the dishes and can it be done today?”

The owner was in deep thought as if she was thinking about something.

 

“I’m not sure about that. The chef isn’t really in good health lately, and 30 sets of the dishes are really a huge amount for her to finish in one day.”

“Ottoke... Wait, can I meet with the chef?”

“Sure, wait a minute.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hana ah, the customer wanted to meet you.”

“Waeyo ahjumma?”

“They wanted you to do something but I don’t want to decide it for you so instead they wanted to talk to you.”

 

 

She washed her hands and removed the apron before making sure she looks decent enough to meet the customers. Being in the kitchen, she wouldn’t even care to dress nicely. All she cared about was the taste of her cooking.

 

 

“Where are they?”

“At the table number 10.”

“Ahjumma, can you please look after the soup for me?”

“Ok sure.”

 

 

 

She walked towards the customers but before she could reach the table, she froze. She heard giggles and chuckles, but that’s not what made her stopped right on that moment. She swore she knew that voices deep down in her heart. Her heartbeat pounded fast. She took another few steps, just to make sure it’s not real but her eyes widened when she saw his husband, happily chatting with another person that she could easily noticed from the back of her view.

 

 

Her legs trembled and tears threatened to fall. She was about to turn around when the customers stopped talking and the guy’s gaze met with hers and his eyes widened as he stood up instantly.

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

 

Turn your head around. Turn your head around.

 

She just wanted to make sure.

 

 

The lady turned around and she too, gasped when her eyes met with a figure, standing at the corner of the cafe.

 

She could literally feel her heart stopped its beating and broken in pieces. Her tears already fell like a meaningless pride. How could you do this to me Hoya? How could you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is it guys. The next chapter is the last one. Are you ready?