Two hearts as One

I love you to the extent that it hurts;

Hana woke up when she heard her phone ringing. She felt a pair of arms around her waist, and she smiled. But the smile turned to frown when she felt numb on lower half.

Hana tried to stand up but it hurts her so much to the extent that she wanted to cry or scream. She felt pain on her lower part of the body. She felt shivers all of sudden, like pins and needles being poke into her abdominal. She tried to stand up again but she couldn’t bear the pain anymore and let out a faint scream. Hoya woke up that instant after hearing the scream.

 

“Baby what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know but it hurts.” She tried to ease the pain by biting her lips.

“Ah, of course. Pabo me.”

“Wae?” She didn’t understand.

“I told you last night right, about the pain. I should have been more gentle on you because this is your first time.”

 

Hana face blushed that instant moment when she recalled their last night’s activity.

 

“Why is your face red? Are you sick?”

“Ani oppa.”

 

But then she just realized that she’s not wearing anything, and so does Hoya. She grabbed the cover and wrapped it around her body.

Hoya, realizing what she was doing, chuckled.

 

“Is my baby shy? I’ve seen every inch of you last night baby, no need to cover anymore.” He whispered, dangerously close to Hana’s ear.

 

Hana gulped and she felt shiver running down to her spine. She bites her lips to prevent any unnecessary sound that would come out from .

 

“Come on baby, I’ll help you up.”

 

He hopped out of the bed and grabbed a boxer and a black wife beater from the bag. He then walked towards the bathroom and prepared for warm water in the bathtub. Hana reached out for her bathrobe, thankfully, landed on the night stand table.

She tried to get down from the bed when she saw drops of blood on the bed sheet.

 

“Oppa, there’s blood on the bed sheet. Ottoke?”

“It’s ok baby I will take care of it. Now come on.”

 

He lifted her and carried her bridal style to the bathroom. He dropped off her bathrobe and laid her down in the bathtub. He was about to reach for the lavender scented bath shower when Hana prevented him from doing so.

 

“No oppa, not the lavender.”

“Waeyo?”

 

It took him few seconds to actually understand what Hana meant, and then laughed.

 

“Arasso arasso, not the lavender one. I want my baby to heal first before we have second round eo.”

“Oppaaa...” She couldn’t hide her embarrassment and quickly covered her faces with both of her hands.

 

All of us knew that if it wasn’t that Hana was having the after- pain, both of them could have another round in the morning session.

 

After done taking bath, both of them had breakfast in their room. Both of them spent time together, just in the room, while talking about a lot of things. She knew a lot of new things about him. It’s saddened her that she didn’t take the initiative to ask him first but one thing she’s sure about, that she had completely fall in love with him. Yes, the person who’s in front of her right now. How lucky she is to have him as her husband? She must be a saint in her previous life, she thought.

 

“So, the event will start at 7pm huh? What else did you prepared babe? You know, you don’t have to do this.” He mumbled while munching on the toast.

“Yeah, it’ll start on 7pm and the details, well, it’s a secret. You will know sooner or later anyway. And this party will only involved your closest friends only.”

 

A text arrived and because she's still feeling sore, Hoya helped her to pick up her phone and read the message to her.

 

“It’s from Alicia. She said she’s sorry that she couldn’t be at the birthday party yesterday but she will attend the event tonight.”

“Oh, awesome! Finally I can introduce you to her.”

“Hmm, Alicia. What’s her Korean name by the way?” He was curious.

“I don’t know oppa. She has never told me her Korean name before. And I don’t want to be such a noisy person and asked her instead.”

 

After the conversation, both of them continued eating their breakfast and cuddle in the bed while watching the television. He took care of her like a caring mother. He would never let Hana do anything that would cause her pain to worsen. He would carry her if she wanted to go to the bathroom.

 

“Are you sure you can go to the event tonight babe?” He asked, obviously still worried.

“Don’t worry about me Howon ah, and the pain is not as painful and it was before.” She reassured him. Although the pain was still there, it’s not to the point where she couldn’t walk at all.

“Ok then, I’m going to shower first.” He kissed her forehead and went to the bathroom to get ready.

“Your suit is on the bag. It’s a formal event.” She semi-shouted.

“Deh.”

 

He’s already done with his attire but Hana was still in the bathroom. He wondered what took her so long. He knocked on the door.

 

“Babe, are you done?”

“Not yet oppa. You can go first if you’re done. It’s ok I’ll meet you downstairs eo. Just asked the staff where the event will be held and they will assist you.”

“Okay then. I’ll see you downstairs.”