CHAPTER NINE

Meant to Be


  Song to listen: BTS - Her


  Because your laughter and happiness


  Is the scale of my happiness


  This is how I am


  Do I deserve your love?


  I always make an effort to be the best for you

It was a Thursday and Yoongi hated Thursdays. Thursdays were so close to the weekend but not quite. Especially now that he was working on his album, his nerves were on the edge and at that point of the week the only thing that prevented him from snapping at people was coffee. As he finished his third cup that day he heard a knock.

He let out a tired “Come in” and saw Jimin walk in. He was wearing the cutest oversized sweater and smiling brightly with two cups of coffee in his hands.

“Hi hyung” he said excitedly. To say that Yoongi was shocked would be an understatement. They didn't plan on recording that day so he didn't expect seeing the younger.  

“Oh hi Jimin-ah what are you doing here?”

“Hyung you didn't know? They told me that we would finish the song today that’s why I dropped by.” Jimin said, looking at his feet.

“I even got you coffee.” he mumbled quietly but Yoongi could hear him clearly so he responded quickly.

“No no it’s okay don’t worry I was just chilling anyways.”

That’s a ing lie Min Yoongi you are busy af, he thought to himself.

“R-really?” Jimin looked up.

“Yeah come on and thank you for the coffee.” Yoongi gestured Jimin to sit down and tried to smile (which still was a foreign concept to him).

As they were drinking their coffees they quickly went over the parts that they needed to record. There were only a few parts left, as Yoongi already recorded his parts days ago.

Jimin got in the booth and started rapping. He didn't feel as self conscious as he did before. At the beginning of their recordings Jimin would stand in front of the microphone and wouldn't be able to get out a word. Rapping seriously for the first time was one thing but rapping in front of Agust D was a whole new level. Jimin wasn't the type of person to believe any rumors but all he heard about the older before he met him was that he was pretty much an to everyone. But he treated Jimin with so much respect and affection that it shocked him. He didn't expect them to become so close so quickly. Every time Jimin made a mistake his face would turn red and he would start stuttering and mess up even more. In moments like this Yoongi would make sure to get Jimin out of the booth and tell him why the mistake had happened and what Jimin could improve. He never sugar coated anything but that was what Jimin exactly needed.

So as much as rapping in front of Agust D seemed impossibly nerve wrecking to Jimin, rapping in front of Yoongi hyung was more than ok. He wasn't afraid of making mistakes anymore.

The recording went smoothly and they actually managed to finish the song. Even though he felt incredibly proud and happy he felt a bit of a sadness as well. There was no way that he could meet up with Yoongi like this anymore.

“Good job Jimin-ah I swear you would make one hell of a rapper.” Yoongi looked proud and all Jimin could do was smile and mutter a small “Thank you hyung”.

That was the deal with him. Getting compliments was so rare that he never knew what to respond and Yoongi caught up on that quickly. That was one of the reasons why he did his best to compliment on every little action Jimin did.

“So that’s it…” Yoongi said.

“Yeah”.

It was dead silent for a moment before Jimin laughed out loud.

“Wow hyung I didn't know you could be this awkward.”

“What do you mean awkward have you ever met someone with so much swag?” Yoongi replied, making Jimin laugh even more.

He scrunched his nose, threw back his head and clapped his hands.

Wow three out of three, Yoongi thought.

He may or may not have analyzed Jimin a little bit. Every time he smiled politely his lips would curve up and you could see a little dimple on the right side of his lips. But whenever he smiled genuinely his mouth would open a little and his eyes would close forming the cutest eye smile. And every time Jimin laughed genuinely he would do one of those things crunch his nose, throw back his head or clap his hands. On his lucky days Yoongi could experience two or even all three of them and today was one of those days. Yoongi couldn't take his eyes of the boy in front of him

and he found himself smiling fondly like an idiot and realized that on his most exhausting days all he needed was Jimin to make him feel better.

They sat down and started talking. They talked about basically every random thing they would think of. From Jimin’s members to their comeback. From Yoongi’s album to his favorite type of dishes. Both of them tried their best to come up with things to talk about. Jimin not wanting to leave and Yoongi not wanting to let him go. Now that they finished the song they wouldn't have an excuse to meet up now.

Eventually Jimin got a call from his manager and was told that he would get picked up in about 15 minutes to go back to the company.

“I guess I have to go now hyung. I had a lot of fun today.”

“Oh so soon?” Yoongi replied not knowing it has been 4 hours since Jimin came.

“Yeah we have to do some rehearsals for a special stage.”

“Well have fun I guess.”

Their mood went down immediately none of them wanting to separate.

“It was really an honor hyung thank you for you know doing a song with me.”

“Y-you did an amazing job Jimin I should be thanking you.” Since when do you stutter, Yoongi thought.

“I’ll be going then…”

“Ok Jimin-ah see you soon.”

“Yes hyung see you soon.”

Hopefully, both though.

  __

After two hours of practice Jimin was drenched in sweat. They were supposed to cover Perfect Man by Shinhwa in a month as a special stage and everyone was working off their asses.

Also their comeback stage for Run was in two days so that added to the amount of stress as well.

After practice they all went to the salon to get skin and hair treatments and Jimin would also get his hair dyed. The hair stylists didn't tell him what color it would be and Jimin was nervous. He was pretty fine with his blonde hair and honestly he had never tried any other color than black, brown and blonde. As he was going through lyrics and dance steps in his head he fell asleep.

As he woke up after half an hour he could see orange hair dye in his hair. He let out a loud sigh and everyone in the room looked at him.

“You ok?” Hoseok asked.

“Hyuung just look at my hair.” Jimin sulked.

“It looks good tho.”

“It will look even better when we wash it off.” The hair stylist said and gestured Jimin to stand up.

After another 25 minutes Jimin was sitting in front of a mirror. Hair washed, blow dried and styled. He didn’t know what to feel. It certainly didn't look bad but could he really pull of such a vibrant color?

He got many compliments from their stylists and s, which made him feel a bit better.

“Hyung you look so good. Your hair suits you!” Jungkook said.

“Thanks.” Jimin could feel his cheeks getting red. He was thankful for the compliments but he would much prefer not getting any more attention.

After contemplating for a while he decided to do it.

He was going to send Jimin a picture and show him his hair.


  To: Yoongi Hyung


  Hyung!!


  Guess who has orange hair now  (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)


 
  Image and video hosting by TinyPic


  From: Yoongi Hyung


  WOW!! YOU LOOK SO GOOD


  IT SUITS YOU!

Jimin was more than happy to receive this text. Yoongi would usually text back pretty neutrally and seeing him write in captions somehow made Jimin giggle. A few seconds later his phone buzzed again.


  From: Yoongi Hyung


  But Jimin-ah!!


  Guess who matches you


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


  To: Yoongi Hyung


  GREEN?!


  Hyung!!!


  WOWW


  From: Yoongi Hyung


  Yeah just wanted a change lol

If Jimin had the option he would prefer to never dye his hair and just keep his black hair. Colorful hair meant attention and Jimin didn't like that. Secretly he had always wished to have pink hair tho. He admired how Yoongi wouldn't care about anyone else and just do what ever he wanted.


  To: Yoongi Hyung


  It looks good anyways! (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و


  From: Yoongi Hyung


  Thanks


  So what are you up to


  To: Yoongi Hyung


  I guess we’ll just go to practice now again ˃̵﹏˂̵


  Have to pick up another pair of shoes tho


  I just ripped mine today at practice


  From: Yoongi Hyung


  How did you manage to do that


  You must practice hard


  To: Yoongi Hyung


  Yeah comeback stage is in two days


  Will you watch it

Please say yes, please say yes Jimin thought. For some reason knowing that Yoongi is watching would make Jimin work harder and give him a sense of comfort.


  From: Yoongi Hyung


  If I have time I guess I will

That was enough to get Jimin through the day.

As they arrived home after hours of practice Jimin saw a box on the table.

“What’s that hyung?” he asked Seokjin.

“Oh that’s a package for you. I just dropped it off there.”

Jimin opened up the box curiously. Inside there was a pair of new sneakers. A pair of shoes that haven't even been released yet. He knew that the brand would release them next week and he talked about them with the boys but they quickly dropped the topic, knowing they as rookies would never be able to afford them.

There was also a note right next to the box. It said:


  Of course I will be watching your comeback stage. Use these shoes to


  practice hard and make hyung proud kid!


  - M.Y