First Dance

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s finally the D-day for prom night. 

I take a shower, and my mom already starts going on about how she still have my hair to tease, my nails to perfect and make-up to enhance. I get ready in my baby blue dress at almost 5pm and my mom helps me with my make-up. Needless to say, she’s very excited about this whole making me look nice thingy. And she does a decent job at it, as usual. keeps on commenting on my exposed shoulder and the long flowing dress that I am wearing.

My mom excuses herself from my room after she’s done, saying she needs to get ready for dinner with her husband. I just smile at her as she leaves the room.

I stare at myself in the mirror and I can see how different I am tonight. You’ll only get to see me dress up properly in this kind of event, really. I am way too lazy to be using these pretty hair extensions every single day. 

I touch the pretty braid my mom made for me in awe. Mom is always good with this. She have to get herself dolled up everyday in her field of work before, so yeah, no wonder.

I grab my heels and I am ready to go outside. I walk along the hallway and then I meet Taehyung with his white tuxedo while I’m struggling with my long dress at the stairs.

“Need a hand?” he asks out of nowhere and offers his now properly healing arm for me to hold before I even get to say anything. It's unexpected but I assume that he is in an okay mood and I just really need it at that time so I just hold onto him.

“Your hair looks nice being swept to one side, wow brother!” I say and he rolls his eyes at me. 

“Really, Seo Bora? I look like a ing nerd and I know that.” 

“Well then to make it less nerdy, why not put it up?” 

“How?” he huffs and I make him stop moving in the middle of the stairs. I walk up three more stairs and yep, I am now at the same height as him. I study his features and he just looks at me sceptically.

“Are you serious, I don’t think you’re gonna help me. I have a serious trust issue with you and I know you know that."

“Well, you wanna go looking like a real nerd or let it be less nerdy?” I shake my head as I mess up his hair with my hand.

“Yah this one took me an hour to get it done!”

“Yeah well, it .” I click my tongue and he just pouts adorably but still, he lets me modify his own touch on his hair. I swipe the front part of his hair up, make it tidy on the side and a while later, he looks less of a nerd he was before.

“Hah, I know I have a talent in this.” I smile proudly as I whip out my phone and let him see his reflection there.

“Alright, credits given. It looks okay.” 

“Looks okay, huh. I guess that’s the best I can get from you.” I scrunch up my nose and he just laugh. Wow, we're really in an extremely okay mood to be laughing together like this.

“Bora honey! Your partner’s here.”

My mom snaps us both out of our laughter and I smile as I see Jimin in his baby blue and gold tie and his grey vest. Oh boy, I’ve always love guys in a vest, so manly.

“I’ve always known that baby blue looks nice on you.” he says that the first thing and I just smirk at him in reply.

“I look good in any colour, Jimin. Get your fact straight.” 

He just laughs as I walk down the stairs carefully, keeping my eyes locked with Jimin’s warm ones. As I reach my last two steps, I stop and he put on this pretty baby blue colored flower corsage on my left wrist. 

“Taehyung? What are you doing there, come down here. You might be late to pick up your date.” I see my mom gesturing him to come down and join us. I can even see him groaning before I realize we’re really gonna be late if we don’t get going now.

"Now come here and let me take your picture, honey." my mom pulls me by my wrist to stand at the end of the stairs and Jimin gladly follows her instruction. He wraps his arms around my waist so naturally and I awkwardly stare at Taehyung who snorts as he watches us from the side.

My mom already snapped a few pictures while I am staring at somewhere else apart from the camera. I sigh in relief as he finally lets go of my waist. Honestly, I used to hate him touching me but well. I guess I have grown accustomed to it over time.

"Taehyung? Go and stand next to Bora. Let me at least send this picture to your dad."

He looks at my mom with his deadpan look and I bite my lips, uselessly nervous over what he would say to my mom. Surprisingly, he comes over to join us and Jimin just grins as he wraps his arms around my shoulder possessively, making my head tilted to his side. Taehyung coughs as he stands beside me, his hands hidden behind his back.

"Ah you guys are so adorable it reminds me of my college days." my mom comments before she lifts up the camera in her hand, taking a few more pictures of us despite how uncomfortable Taehyung and I looked.

We both know that Taehyung and Jimin is not in a good term to be taking pictures together ever since that day. Also, we know how they literally fought in the middle of the hallway shamelessly just because Jimin decide to bring me as his date for prom. Needless to say, they're not in the position to do this yet Jimin looks like he already forgot everything that happened between them.

“Now, you both have a fun date alright?” she says as she pats Taehyung by his shoulder. “And Jimin?”

“Yes, lovely ma’am?”

“Don’t bring Bora back too late, hmm?”

He puts up an ok sign with that blinding eyesmile of his. “Copy that!”

“Also, Taehyung. Did you bring your flower corset for your partner?” my mom asks him by his side and he just stares at my mom blankly as if she just spoke to him in French.

“You didn’t get one for Hana, don’t you?” It’s my turn to ask and he tucks his hand inside his pocket, shrugging lightly.

“What flower corset?" he mutters and I sigh watching him. My mom smiles as she reaches out for Taehyung’s hand, placing a pink coloured flower corset in it.

“Bora told me you guys are gonna go with pink, so I prepared this. Just in case you forget to buy one for your partner.”

He takes it wordlessly and that is enough for my mom, really. At least he doesn’t throw it on the floor and start a squabble here.

My mom watches us all boarding Jimin’s black sedan outside. I wave at her for the last time before I move to sit in the front seat, next to Jimin.

As if it’s the replay of my first day here, Taehyung pushes me to the side, just not full force and he enters the car shamelessly. Jimin blinks a few times as he stares at me, his hand still holding the door open and I just shake my head at him before taking the back seat.

“Such a gentleman, aren’t you? Opening the door for your girl and such.” Taehyung starts as soon as we settled down inside the car. Jimin just snorts as he turns to look at his friend by his side.

“Yeah well, just gotta do what a gentleman have to.” he says. “Where will your partner sit then?” 

“Well heck, should you really ask that question? Bora’s alone in the back, they can get along well. Let the best friends bond."

Jimin looks at me through his rear view mirror and I just wave my hand dismissively, asking him to stop talking. He just shrugs as he drives us to our next destination; Hana’s house.

***

It’s prom night. We already arrived at the school’s gym half an hour ago from Hana’s house. Seeing Hana walk down from the stairs in her house makes me feel like I’m watching an angel descend from the sky. She’s so beautiful with that pink dress that matches Taehyung’s shirt inside his white tuxedo.

We’re all suited up for this event. But as soon as I arrive here, I don’t even know what I should do. I am always awkward with events, I forgot about that. 

I only look around the gym alone and then I end up sitting alone at my table. I scan the dance floor and I see familiar faces like Nayoung and my classmate, Hongbin, and at the other corner there’s Sally and Yugyeom laughing at each other’s wrong dance step. They seem so cute together, honestly.

Of course, it’s me who recommended Sally to go with Yugyeom. I always like to play cupid like this and seeing them truly smiling at each other like that makes me feel content already. I take a sip of my fruit punch before I start looking around again for familiar faces.

Don’t even ask me where Jimin went. Did he really start the commotion at school and ask me to prom just to leave me alone like this, seriously? 

I get mad thinking of what happened  back then. Seeing two best friends fight because of me is not what I ever want. I still remember the petite Hana struggling to get Taehyung off Jimin that day. I had to hold onto Jimin after he’s beaten to pulp and him to the nurse’s lounge. They almost continued fighting and if only Seokjin’s not there, I’m positive they’ll both end up in the hospital. Jimin keeps on yelling something about Taehyung throwing his punches like a girl and it really didn't help the situation.

The song playing turns into a mellow one from an upbeat one earlier. I can't help but to smile seeing the couples getting closer to each other, just swaying to the rhythm. Then it hits me. 

What the am I doing alone here? I slump my shoulders as I reach out for my fifth glass of fruit punch.

"You drank too much, Bora. Tsk." Hana's voice sounds playful as she takes the glass I am holding and places it on the table. "You might need the toilet too soon and that dress Jimin bought you is not gonna play easy."

I chuckle softly before I ask her. "Where's Taehyung?"

"Meh, none of my business. I just really can't see myself going with some lousy guy, ugh. And he doesn't want to go with anyone either so I said, hey, let's just go together. You don't have to attend to me and I don't have to pretend to look happy with some lousy guy. So here we are." She shakes her head as she joins me at the table, sitting right opposite me. "He actually got me this pretty flower corsage, I am already surprised enough."

I just smile as I watch Hana nudging the fresh flower wrapped around her wrist. Ay, I know my mom's effort to get closer to Taehyung worth it. 

"Wait, where's Jimin though?" she suddenly looks up from her flower corsage and I shrug lightly in response.

"Who knows. He says he'll come back in a heartbeat and he's gone ever since." I snort. "But who cares? Let's just have a great night together, shall we?" 

"Sure! A girl's night out can never turn out wrong." I grin hearing her. "Alright let's check. Nayoung's with your classmate, Sally's with Yugi... ah right, over there. Now where's Hyeyeon and Jungkook, our maknaes?"

"Whoa. Hyeyeon and Jungkook? Since when?"

"Since eternity, might I say. Hyeyeon is head over heels for him ever since their orientation, which was... how many years back again? Anyways, they almost end up in the same class but last minute, Jungkook changed to your class. So, long story short, words spread out of nowhere about Jungkook and Hyeyeon going on a date together and it's hella funny because the , they never even talk to each other, but yeah, well. Jungkook asked Hyeyeon out on Kakao and they're a couple. Whew."

"That's... neat." I blink a few times as I take in the story. " I need to get this straight though you mean.. they never talk outside the messenger?"

Hana shakes her head and scoffs. "Those kids... they scramble away from each other every single time they met at school. On some occasion when people's watching, they'll just walk past each other."

"Ah. It's sort of like they're just dating online, aren't they?"

Hana's expression look like she's in awe as she nod quickly. "Yeah, exactly!"

"Now that's what we call a modern love." I laugh as I reach out for the egg tart on the table. I still wonder if I should call the both of them cute or what, considering how absurd Hyeyeon and Jungkook's relationship is. And I've never really acquainted with Jungkook so yeah, I can't really judge them.

"You waited long sweetheart?" A familiar voice coming from my back asks.

"Jimin!" I sigh as I turn around to look at him and he looks down at me with those warm eyes. 

"I am about to kill you if you leave my pretty friend here alone for the rest of the night." Hana clicks her tongue and Jimin laughs as he holds on to my shoulder, and my body involuntarily tenses up a bit.

"I don't think I would be at peace if I leave Bora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter