Rise of The Outcast

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Have you lost your mind? What were you thinking when you bring Bora up there?" the chairman's voice echoed througout the living room.


Taehyung and I are sitting at the dining table while out mom and dad stand at one end, each one staring at us as if they would eat us alive. I bite my lips as I glance at Taehyung beside me. He is staring back at his dad with that usual blank look on his face. I don't think he cares about anything other than how his plan failed earlier this morning. Instead, he ended up with an arm cast.


So, after what happened, the ceremony ended with the chairman and my mom rushing us to the hospital. i didn't think I am injured but the chairman- well I mean my dad, insisted on a doctor's checkup just to be sure. My mint dress and Taehyung's black tuxedo were both stained with red paint and my mom could only sigh seeing us all the way to the hospital.


"You explain yourself, young girl. What were you two doing up there?" it is my mom's turn to scold us both. Her hands rest on her waist and I just blink as an answer. I really don't have ay other explanation to offer apart from the truth. But then it would affect Taehyung and as good as it sounds, I already promised myself I would never involve our parents in this childish war. So I kicked his shin under the table and he sent me a glare as he starts talking.


"I tricked Bora into following me. I told her the view from up there is the best. I didn't know the bridge is that frail." he says monotonously as he keeps his angry eyes on mine, his glare shooting lasers at me.


The two adults let out a heavy sigh almost at the same time upon hearing him. I stay silent and start fidgeting in my seat, uncomfortable about the fact that Taehyung just lied about what actually happened. I am totally not a professional liar. I don't like lying and I get awkward every single time I try to lie. 


"You're lucky you only ended up with an arm cast." the chairman starts. "And you're lucky you didn't cause Bora any harm." 


I can see my mom mouthing an angry 'only?' to her husband but he just calmly brushes her off as he continues. "You both deserved to be grounded for at least what.. a month tops? But since Taehyung is hurt and I believe that he just intends on being nice to Bora, I'll let this slide once. You both pull off something like this again in the future, I'll make sure the places you can go would be only the school and this house."


I only nod my head once in respond. Honestly, it doesn't sound so bad after all, being locked inside this house. The chairman clearly don't know how heavenly it is to be grounded nowadays. Also, when would I ever pull off this kind of thing if it's not because of Taehyung anyway?


"That's all, right? I'm going to rest now. Good night." Taehyung stands up from his chair and walks towards the stairs, not even sparing a glance at his father.


"What can I do with that kid, really." he rubs his temples as Taehyung slams on his door hard. My mother can only shake her hearing the loud 'bang' coming from upstairs.


"Give it some time, he'll be fine soon." my mom says as she pats her husband's back soothingly. His eyes now turn to look for mine and I manage a slight innocent smile on my face. Slight, because I am dead sure I look suspicious rather than innocent.


"I expect you to tell him what's right or wrong next time, Bora. Don't just blindly follow his order when he tells you to do something." the chairman says as he reaches out to ruffle my hair affectionately, letting out a soft sigh. "Good thing you're not hurt."


"You sure are lucky, Bora honey. If it's me, you would've ended up with no allowance for a month." my mom huffs and I whine in an instant. No allowance, seriously? What am I, a kindergarten kid?


"Ah mooom!" I pout and she rolls her eyes upon hearing my whiny voice. "I can accept anything but my allowance being cut off. Even being grounded is better than that!"


"Ha, of course Seo Bora would love to be grounded. You can stay in your room all day without having to do anything." she crosses her arms and the chairman- wow I'm not used to calling him my dad yet. Well, he just chuckles softly as he watches us.


"Well then, a different punishment. One that can actually discipline me in a good way." I say, completely just throwing anything to save myself and obviously, unaware of what my mom have planned in her head.


"Huh, that's a good one." my mom snaps her fingers, her eyes brightens up as if she just got high on something. She stares at the chairman next to her, as if seeking for permission to do something.


"W-what is it you're planning?" I squint as I see them both smiling. Ugh damn that knowing smile on their face. What is it again this time, bonding time with le brother Kim Taehyung?


"You can assist Taehyung with stuffs he can't do right now. You see how he's injured because of you, right? You should take some responsibility like how he did." 


What the... heck?


I almost cut in rudely because hey, what do you mean by he's injured because of me? He brought this upon himself! Also, did she just tell me how he's such an older brother figure for actually catching me during the fall? Because that is exactly what I understand when she said that.


"Oh my God, what do you even mean by assist him with stuffs? It's not like he's completely paralyzed or anything!" I protest in an instant.


"It's hard for him to even eat right now. You help him with that, hmm? He can't do anything properly with his left arm." 


Wow, Seo Bora. You sure have a talent to get yourself in trouble with your own words.


I can already imagine his smirk when he orders me around in this house. Well heck, he's surely gonna enjoy this a lot. I can already see what's coming for me.


I don't like this situation at all.


***


I reach school a bit later than usual.


Jackson actually thought me and Taehyung won't be able to attend school because of our injuries. The last thing he knew was that we were both sent to the hospital. The chairman also suggested me to take a day break from school but honestly, I would rather spend my time at the nurse's lounge with Seokjin rather than being ordered around like a slave in the house just to 'assist' Taehyung. 


It's only a matter of time before my mom tells him about how he have a personal assistant until he recovers. That was why I ended up going to school alone.


I heard from my mom that Taehyung had a fever after the whole Sunday mishap thingy that happened. I pretended as if I didn't hear anything and acted like I didn't care but I ended up cooking him some porridge anyway. Layla and Maria are on emergency leave and he literally haven't eaten anything ever since we got home from the hospital. But from what I see this morning, he haven't touched anything.


I keep telling myself that it isn't my fault that he ended up this way. I never ask him to save me. He was the one who held on to me first. But then my guilt tells me that I held on to him too, which is probably how he ended up with an injured arm. Obviously, I am not as light as a feather.


I brush off all the thoughts in my mind as I almost reach my classroom. My footsteps becomes slower. It's a usual routine to analyze the situation first before going inside there. It is as silent as usual today. It is almost like that right before the first period on Monday. I assume that it won't be a hard day for me.


I guessed wrong.


The fabulous four (that's what I decided to name them since Hana's gang kinda sounds lame for me) are already blocking the front door. I sigh heavily as I turn around on my heels to avoid them but unfortunately, Hyeyeon's hawk eyes catches my sight first before I can move an inch from my spot.


"She's here." I heard her say to Hana. Her head whips to look at me faster than I can even blink once. She then moves to approach me and I prepare myself for the boring lessons they'll provide me for today.


"I saw a video of everything that happened during the ceremony. You and Taehyung." Hana starts and I almost snort out loud. Wow, when will they ever start talking to me without having to involve Taehyung? Maybe we can start being friends by then.


"You hugged him as you two were falling." She says as a matter of fact and I roll my eyes secretly. Correction though, he hugged me first, duh.


"So what? You're gonna torture me for that?" I ask with my bored face and her eyes widens as if I just told her she got a lung cancer.


"Oh dear, I am going to say sorry to you."


Whoa. What on earth just happened?


"Wait, let me get this straight. You mean you wanna say sorry as in...you're sorry?"


"Yeah, you're just repeating my words." she chuckles before she proceeds to boop my nose with her slender fingers in such a friendly manner that I never know she's capable of. "What a cutie."


"You never tell me Taehyung is your brother! Technically, he wasn't your brother yet by the time when we had uh... some misunderstandings but still..." she let her sentence trail off and exchanges knowing looks with Sally, Nayoung and Hyeyeon. I take the chance to scan their pretty faces that are staring at me with such fond smiles carved on their lips.


"You never asked, you know?" I say and she pulls me into a warm hug. Of course her hug is the best, wow. How come this is the first time I know this though we had been seeing each other's face ever since what, a month by now?


"I'm really sorry. Had I known that you're his step sister, I would never do anything to harm you." she whispers in my ears and I can't help but to just smile and pat her back soothingly. 


"It's fine. Not really, but yeah, it's okay. He probably started all the bull about me being his girlfriend anyway, just so you guys would come at me. He just love seeing me suffer, and he's probably just using you guys for it." I tell her as she pulls away from the brief hug.


"What an adorable relationship you siblings have!" Nayoung comments as the others go 'awww' in unison. I can just smile bitterly at them. 


I would use any word in this world to describe us but adorable isn't one of them. But of course, anything for the princess.


“This is late but...” she hesitates for a moment before she holds out her hand. “Would you like to be friends with us?” 


I raise an eyebrow. That’s really neat. They’re just really after me because of Taehyung and nothing else. And I’ve always wished we can be friends instead of constantly tormenting each other with our words and hate.


So I smile at her and hold her hand in mine. They all sigh in relief at almost the same time and it’s just really cute in my eyes.


“I thought you’d ask us to kneel and beg for forgiveness or something. Phew.” Sally says.


“I never thought of that, wow. Kneel now.” I say jokingly and they’re all frozen like a statue. 


“Uh. It’s a joke?”


“Ha, good one Bora.” Nayoung says as she rolls her eyes at me playfully and I laugh along with them. 


At least the fall did contribute to something good in my life. 


I excused myself after a little girls talk with Hana and the gang. I am going to pay Seokjin a visit to tell him about everything going on since the wedding. 


I know I am embarrassing myself, skipping like a toddler in the middle of the deserted hallway. But I don’t care. I get myself some cool new friends and Jungkook is not bothering me anymore! 


That’s a good news and a good news calls for a celebration.


As I make my way to the nurse’s lounge, a familiar figure suddenly came out of nowhere and starts to block my path. I frown in an instance as soon as I realize that it is one of the s Taehyung are friends with.


“Hey there. You’re Seo Bora, right?” he says, a suspicious friendly smile on his face. 


“What do you want from me?” I reply his question with another question, since I don’t feel obligated to be nice to him. 


He chuckles in amusement. “You’re really just like how Taehyung described you.” 


Huh, am I curious to know what he told his friends about me? No I’m not. If I’m curious, I lose.


“You’re in my way.”


“I know.” he says with that annoying angelic smile on his face. You can stop pretending now, I know you’re one of Taehyung’s minions.


I roll my eyes as I move to the side, knowing how he probably won’t even budge from his spot. Just as I am about to take another step, he starts moving as well to block my way.


“Okay, you’re starting to get on my nerve.” I say, my fist clenched by my side. “Did Taehyung ask you to do this, minion?” 


“I’m more of Taehyung’s close friend rather than his minion so to answer your question, well no. I’m here to introduce myself.”


He holds out his hand, his eyesmile making his eyes crinkle in the shape of a crescent. I blink as I stare at his hand then my eyes travel to analyze his expression.


He looks so... how do I describe this. Genuine? Weird, really. 


“I figured you’d be suspicious of me.” he hides his hand behind his back, probably a bit embarrassed that I didn’t respond to him. “Anyways I’m Park Jimin, Taehyung’s best friend. Nice to meet you.”


“You might wanna remember that this is not our first encounter.” I squint at him and he nod his head calmly.


I still remember the basketball team’s girly shriek as they call me their jersey thief on my first day here. What a jerk.


“Of course I do remember that. It’s just that you don’t know my name. I just wanna make sure you do. Because we’ll meet again, for sure.” 


Huh, am I the only one being negative or that statement is really just suspicious?


“You’re a very interesting girl, Seo Bora. Have a nice day.” that’s all he said before he finally moves away to let me pass through. I walk quickly without even sparing another glance at him. 


What a weird guy.


***


Another good thing the fall did to me is making my miserable life at school more bearable. Apparently, the people I see recording videos back then were the privileged students from Princeton High, the ones I never knew of. And as far as I know, the video spread out pretty quickly among the students.


During Taehyung’s reign in the school, he would have people avoiding his gaze at the hallways. Even if it’s a crowded hallway, the students would immediately form a small path exclusively for him to pass, as if it’s some sort of an involuntary reaction. 


It all changed now.


It’s not as if they stopped doing that. I still see his friends dbeing treated like they’re the owner of the school, even without Taehyung’s presence. But today, I managed to experience that first hand. They started doing the same thing to me as well.


“They figured out the hierarchy pretty quick.” Yugyeom says as soon as we just went pass a group of students at the cafe. 


“What do you mean?” 


He scoffs. “The video that Hana saw must have spread throughout the school. Almost everyone must have seen that.” 


“Uh huh, so they now figured out that me and Taehyung are siblings.” 


“And they also figured that they can’t touch you now. You’re the director’s daughter.” 


I widen my eyes and pause my steps for a bit as soon as I realize that. Yugyeom is right. No wonder Jungkook isn’t saying anything to me this morning. I thought he was ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter