Free Fall

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a whole month of childish fights and suffering from Kim Taehyung's childish pranks, (not saying that mine is less childish but whatever, duh) the wedding is finally coming this Saturday.


I am nervous to see what will happen during the wedding and what he is planning to do.


It was right after school when Jackson told us that we will not be heading straight for home. Instead, the chairman wants us to get along with each other by going to shop for our clothes together. So that was how I ended up watching Taehyung picking up his tuxedo with my bored face.


Seriously, what is it that takes him so long to pick? Tuxedos are either in white or black. There's not much difference in the design anyway. I purse my lips as I stand at a corner, my hands busily replying to the messages from Seunghye and Hoseok in the groupchat.


"We're done here." I hear him say and I mouthed a loud 'finally!' as I walk out of the store. I head to a luxurious boutique next to it, my eyes light up just at the sight of the pretty gowns hanging on display.


I hear Taehyung groan behind me as he followed me inside. I clasp my hands in excitement as I go through the aisle, scanning the dresses in awe. The shop assistant recommended me a long mint colored satin dress since it fits my skin tone perfectly but my eyes are attracted to the yellow one right next to it.


I know what you're thinking. Did I choose yellow because I want to annoy Taehyung? Answer is truthfully no, the dress is just so breathtaking the first time I saw it and I never have any problem with that colour in the first place anyways.


The shop assistant is already holding out the dress in her hand but I shake my head, my hand reaching out for the yellow dress.


Taehyung's eyes are wide open as he sees what I am holding. "Oh my God- out of all the colours you can choose here you pick yellow?!"


I shrug lightly and brush him off. I insist on trying the gown on and to make it fair, I agreed on trying the mint one as well. I hum happily as I followed the shop assistant's lead to the fitting room. The look on Taehyung's face was precious, I should've taken a shot of that just for my collection.


To my surprise, Taehyung tailed me to the fitting room. He rushed in as soon as the assistant left me alone to take off my shirt. I almost screamed when he suddenly entered the room, but he covered my mouth with his palm and pushed me towards the wall.


"Shut up or they'll hear us in here." he says and I frown immediately as he finally removes his hand off my mouth. "If they catch us I'll tell them we're making out in here. It won't be pretty so don't try anything cute with me."


"Is that you trying to threaten me?" I shot up an eyebrow and I scoff as I pushed him away by his chest. "How cute."


"Shut up." he growls and it would've been attractive in my eyes of only he wasn't literally growling in anger. "You pick that yellow dress and I'll be sure to make you go through your Biology lab session all over again."


I scrunch up my nose as I remember having to disect a frog all on my own last week. I still haven't forgive him for that. I clench my fist by my side as I grab him by his school tie.


"You think it's fun don't you?" I ask and he groans as he easily corners me and pins my hands above my head, his eyes glinting with anger.


"And you think it's fun to tease me. You purposely choose yellow didn't you?"


"Delusional. You think the world revolves around you? Why would I do that?"


He rolls his eyes. "I'm warning you, Seo Bora. I can stand your other stuffs in yellow but this. I'm gonna ing rip it off you if you wear that in front of me." his eyes pierce into mine with his cold stare and I feel shiver running through my spine before he finally lets go of me.


I breathe in deeply as I feel his scent suffocating me in a way that I hate. He turns around and as he is about to leave, I sneer at him.


"What is with you and your pure hate for yellow?"


He freezes at his spot before he turns his head to look at me. "My mother died hanging herself on the ceiling in her dressing room wearing her favorite yellow gown. I came back from school one day and I saw her dangling from the ceiling in that dress. Everytime I see anything in yellow I am reminded of her dead body and it haunts me in my dreams every night. Is that enough of a reason for you?"


My mouth hang open hearing that. No way. His mother died from suicide?


"Hey... tell me more about it." I say out of curiosity.


"So that you can use it against me?" he sends me a glare and my eyes stare at his back symphathetically. "No can do. Just do as I say. Take that ing mint dress and let's get out of here."


He left me alone in the dressing room and I am about to cry thinking of what I had done to him using the fact that he hates yellow.


God, I say he's mean but I uncounsciously turned into someone meaner than him.


***


As my mom starts to count the days till the wedding, I get even more restless. I don't know what is it about the chairman's true nature and I haven't figure out what Taehyung is planning to do to ruin the ceremony.


One thing I know for sure is that my mom is getting married for the nth time and I still don't get the reasons why she decides this all of the sudden. I try to think rationally but the more I think, the more it doesn't fit. What is my mother aiming to get from this wedding?


I feel bad suspecting my mother like that but no matter how much I tried, the doubts won't go away. So I decide to bring my pillow and bolster to my mother's room that night, intending to sleep with her and have a nice heart to heart talk after a while.


By the time I reach out to turn the knob, I hear sounds coming from inside the room. I blink a few times as I lean myself close to the door, trying to confirm that it is indeed my mom with the chairman and not another man. Zero possibility, but worth checking.


"What are you doing? Thirsty much?"


I gasp soundlessly as I detach myself from the door. Taehyung is staring at me sceptically with a can of soda in his hand. I scratch the back of my head, dead sure that my face is flushed red by now.


" is in the making. Don't come close." I say, shooing him away with my hand. He snorts as he bends down to my level, squinting at me.


"And I thought you're underaged."


"Well at least I'm not banned from ." I argue back and he lifts up his middle finger at me.


" you, Seo Bora."


"Nah, not into . Unless that's your kink then sure, I don't judge." I make a face at him.


" kink huh, interesting." he says soullessly as he straightens his back. "And this is coming from my so called innocent underaged little sister."


I huff in response and just as I am about to come out with another snarky comment, the door slides open to reveal my mom and the chairman. They both seemed surprised to see us there. My mom fixes her hair and I don't even want to know what happened to it.


"What is this family gathering in front of my room?" she asks with her merry laugh and I laugh along, patting Taehyung's shoulder in a faked friendly manner.


"I think he's on his way back to his room after grabbing a drink downstairs." I say in his stead and he shot me a glare. I kick his shin and he hissed in pain.


"Oh. Yeah she's right." he says and I grin in victory.


"So... what is Bora doing here?" it's the chairman's turn to ask. I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ears with a warm smile on my face.


"I just wanted to sleep with mom tonight. That is... if you both don't mind of course." I say and both my mom and the chairman exchanged a knowing look on their faces before laughing. I can clearly see how my mom's face turned red.
It makes me all warm in the inside to see them interacting like that.


Maybe it doesn't matter what the chairman's nature is. I think I can live with whatever that is as long as I can keep seeing my mother smile like that.


Taehyung however, doesn't seem to like that scene at all.


***


"So honey, tell me. How's school?" my mom asks as we are both cuddled comfortably under the comforter, my head resting on her arms and she's lying on her side, looking down at me.


I hug her waist and stared back at her with a fond smile on my face. I didn't want to lie about school being fine for me, nor do I want to tell her the truth so I just brush off her question. "It had been a while since we sleep together like this. I used to cry whenever you leave me to sleep alone."


She laughs as she pinches my nose lightly. I giggle as she leans close to nuzzle my nose affec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter