Bubble Tea and Frogs

The Wedding Crasher
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
My school life had been miserable since my first day of school just because I refused to crash my own mother's weding. At first it was gruelsome to deal with it but at one point like today, I am numb to every single thing I used to find annoying.
Furthermore, I have Yugyeom as my friends now. I am no longer alone in Princeton High. Well I do have Seokjin and occasionally Mr Min to tell stories to sometimes but they're adults with a bunch of responsibilities after all. I need a friend my age.
I wave at Yugyeom with a bright smile on my face that day but he is not responding. I scrunch up my nose. Ugh, not again.
"Yo Bora. Come here sit next to me." Jungkook waves back at me and I immediately put my hands down as I approach him. He throws a bunch of exercise books on my table. I raise a brow at him.
"What the , Jeon?"
"My homework. Do it for me."
It isn't a favor. It's an order.
I glance at Yugyeom and he shakes his head, as if he's telling me not to fight him. Jungkook had been in a bad mood ever since he came back from the military training. And now he's making me his victim. But no one knows how far he'll go if I don't do what he tells me to. Besides, I don't mind Calculus and Biology. It's my favorite subject.
So I let that er have his victory this once.
***
I walk out of the class and head outside the building where Jackson izs already waiting for me. As usual, Taehyung is already in the car and I naturally take the front seat. I never want to sit next to Taehyung in the car anymore.
I look out of the window. It iss unusually quiet in the car on our way home. I am guessing Taehyung is just as tired as I am today. Then I realize that Jackson isn't driving us home. We just went past the road he is supposed to take.
I immediately turn around to look at Taehyung. "Yah, what are you planning again?"
"Just relax. You'll like it."
"Don't even start your with me, Taehyung I swear-"
"We're here." Jackson cut in and the car pulled by the curb. I stare at the flashy signboard outside the car in a daze.
A bubble tea shop?
I am about to question him further but he already went out the car and head inside the shop. Jackson waited for me and I hesitantly followed him from behind.
He is already at the counter by the time I walked in, ordering himself a chocolate bubble tea as he patiently waited for me to approach him. I look at the menu and I see my favorite chocolate mint ice cream on the list. His eyes followed mine and he laughs as he orders one for me.
What is this sudden kindness from him? I am so not used to him suddenly acting like my brother like this.
He calmly sat down on one of the tables next to the window. I take the seat opposite him with my puzzled expression that I know he noticed.
"Can you just calm down for a sec? I'm just returning back the favor." he says and I know exactly what he's talking about. He's talking about the night where I cooked ramyun for him. He doesn't want to be indebted to me in any way. How manly.
Then I let my guard down.
I exchange stories with him and Jackson while waiting for our orders. I stop speaking halfway as soon as I see the waiter coming towards us with Taehyung's bubble tea and my ice cream. I bounce in my seat excitedly as Taehyung slides the ice cream closer to me.
"You never look any more ridiculous than this." he says as he sips on his bubble tea. i roll my eyes before I start devouring my precious ice cream.
"You know, seeing bubble tea reminds me of something that used to happen in the past." I say as I watched him endlessly taking in the drink. I guess he is that thirsty.
I continue talking despite his lack of interest in my story. "It was at a school in Daegu this one time. I rejected a boy's confession. Then the boy bought me bubble tea, saying that he wanted to be friends with me. I thought he's being genuine so I accepted it. Then I took a good look at the bubbles."
I shudder as I remember the exact thing I saw. "It's... uh. frog's egg."
That line effectively made Taehyung choke on his bubble tea. Jackson calmly pats his back and hands him a mineral water served on the table. I would've laughed at him if only I wasn't so traumatized by the incident of me almost drinking that thing that damned boy gave me back then.
"What the , Seo Bora? Right in front of my bubble tea?" he asks angrily as soon as he recovered. I shrug as I scoop another spoonful of my ice cream and plop it inside my mouth.
"I don't wanna suffer alone." I say nonchalantly. "I really really hate frogs. Ugh. I never forgive that kid for playing around with my foods like that."
"Yeah, it's disgusting." his face turns into a sour one as he pushes away his bubble tea. "Hey let's make a deal. No matter how much I loath you and no matter how much I know you want to kill me, let's not play with foods."
I nod quickly to that. "Deal."
"Wait, if you hate frogs but you love Biology then how did you made it? I thought you have to disect one in class?" he asks out of genuine curiosity. I grin as I remember what I did back then.
"I paid 15 bucks and let my lab partner do it alone. I just skip lab at that time and I still get full marks." I say, completely oblivious as to how his expression changes to a mischievous one.
"I hear Jungkook said something about disecting animals in Biology by the end of this week?"
"I can deal with lab rats." I say mindlessly.
Then I realized something. Did I just told him I hate frogs...?
I pray hard. I hope that he never remember what I told him. Please, let it just pass. But of course, this is Kim Taehyung I am dealing with.
"Oh right. Thank you for exposing your weakness." he says right before we head home. I curl my fists into a ball, my teeth clenched.
Ugh, one day I'm really gonna kill him.
As soon as we step inside the house, a sight greets us. My mother and the chairman are both having their swet snack time with bubble teas on the table. I gag immediately in response as I watch  my mom on her drink with such an innocent look on her face. Taehyung by my side goes frozen at his spot.
"Bora honey! Taehyung!" she waves at us excitedly, gesturing us to join her and the chairman at the table. I frown and wave my hand dismissively whilst Taehyung scoffs.
"I won't drink that ing bubble tea ever again." he turns to my direction and I can see how his face contorts. "Thanks, ."
"Anytime, er." I sneer at him and he seems like he's about to bite my head off me.
I guess he really do liked his bubble tea.
***
I am restless after the day I accide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter