Embarrasing Encounters

White Knight

“Good job, Seungwan, now I need you to take some rest and remind the others of the schedule this afternoon.”

I nod at my manager to acknowledge that I heard what he said as I step off the van and start walking towards the lobby of our dorm. I just came back from my scheduled vocal check up at SM so I make sure to drink a bit of water while waiting for the elevator to arrive.

I hum quietly to myself as I enter our dorm unit, the living room is still empty, as I expected it to be. My session ended faster than I expected so I’m not surprised that everyone is still asleep. It’s still 10 in the morning, after all. And everyone in this dorm have really messed up body clocks.

I dump my bag on one of the couches before making my way to the kitchen to grab some cereal, intending to eat some in my bedroom while watching some Jessie J music videos to refresh my memory on her song lyrics. I quickly fill up a bowl and grab a bottle of milk and I trudge my way to the bedroom where I expect to see a hibernating bear.

I open the door with a bit of difficulty, as my arms are full so I had to wiggle and use my hips to nudge the door knob, and step inside.. only to freeze at the sight that greets me.

Wide eyes that definitely does not belong to Seulgi stare back at me in surprise.

“J-Joohyun-unnie?” I stutter out, well aware that my eyes are probably as wide as saucers right now.

Joohyun-unnie stares right back at me, seemingly as speechless as I am right now. The book that she was probably reading before I arrived is lying face-down beside her in the bed. And I finally spot Seulgi, my roommate snuggled behind Joohyun-unnie. Her face buried in Joohyun-unnie’s hair.

“Seungwan,” Joohyun-unnie croaks, blinking, and I can totally tell when the situation that we’re in finally seems to dawn upon her because she immediately lifts up the covers with the intention to get out of bed immediately.

Which proves to be a really bad decision because it just reveals that Seulgi’s arms are wrapped tightly around her. Oh, and said arms are underneath Joohyun-unnie’s oversized shirt.

Now, I’m already openly gaping at them as I watch Joohyun-unnie’s face turn a deeper shade of red as the silence stretches on.

“Um,” I start when the seconds of silence turns into minutes, “I’ll just… eat outside.”

That seems to snap Joohyun-unnie out of her daze because she starts to struggle to remove Seulgi’s arms. A difficult task, I bet. Especially when Seulgi just whines sleepily in response, tightening her hold even further and I spy one of her legs raising and enveloping Joohyun-unnie’s to prevent the older girl from leaving the bed.

“This.. this isn’t what it looks like,” Joohyun-unnie squeaks at me and I gape even more at that ridiculous statement because I’m pretty sure that this is exactly what it looks like.

I open my mouth to respond as I watch her struggle to get away from Seulgi’s vice grip but then the bear interrupts me.

Unnie,” I hear Seulgi’s muffled whine from her position against Joohyun-unnie’s hair, “Stop moving or I’ll bite you.”

I bet my expresson is ridiculous right now. Did Seulgi really just threaten to bite Joohyun-unnie? I blink at them before bolting out of the room, closing the door behind me while ignoring Joohyun-unnie’s plea for me to wait.

I enter the kitchen once more because, yeah, I really don’t want to be there when Seulgi makes true to her threats.

•••••

A few hours later, we’re all gathered around the dining table for lunch. Our manager is set to pick us up at around 1pm so we can go straight to the salon for our 4pm schedule.

The table is as awkward as it can get. With Seulgi and Joohyun-unnie taking turns to peek guiltily at me from across the table. I stare resolutely at my food, trying to ignore them both and focus on our two maknaes who are blissfully unaware of the tension in the table.

Just when I was starting to think that I can survive this painful lunch without addressing the pink elephant in the room, Yerim perks up from beside me.

“Joohyun-unnie, what is that on your shoulder? Did you get bitten by a bug?”

The question sends the juice that Seulgi is drinking into a wide arc across the table and smack into Sooyoung’s face.

“What the- Seulgi-unnie?!” Sooyoung screams loudly as Joohyun-unnie starts choking on her food.

“Joohyun-unnie! Are you okay?” I hear Yerim ask worriedly.

I sigh and rub my temples tiredly in the midst of all this chaos. This is going to be a long day.

•••••

Throughout the entire day, the two of them proceed to butter me up in every way possible.

Whether it’s by making sure that I get the best neck pillow in the van, or that I get to have the first bite of the snack that our manager bought for us after our schedule ended, or when I coughed and two bottles of water are immediately offered under my nose.

I’m now lounging around the couch in our dorm. With Joohyun-unnie inside her room and Seulgi taking a shower. Sooyoung went out with her sisters and I think Yerim said something about eating out with Saeron tonight.

I dazedly watch my precious Jessie J videos on my phone when Joohyun-unnie comes out of her room holding my favorite Locobonita dress in front of her.

“I saw it in the laundry rack earlier so I ironed it out for you,” she explains to me, offering the dress and I take it from her gingerly.

“You know, unnie, you don’t have to do this,” I tell her, “I understand. This thing about you and Seulgi. I understand.”

Joohyun-unnie blinks at me, face flushing pink again, before coming forward to give me a hug.

“Thank you, Seungwan,” she smiles before standing up to head back to her room.

“Just, please don’t do stuff in my room?” I interrupt her just as she’s closing her door.

“Right! Sorry about that,” she squeaks, and I spy her consciously grabbing her shoulder with the bite mark before closing the door hurriedly and I can’t help but laugh.

Well, at least I got my favorite dress ironed for free.