38.

Fated to be with you ♥ [HIATUS]

“Oh? Seohyun! It’s this man I’m talking about! Come in!” Yoona ‘popped’ behind her and welcomed him in.

Seohyun couldn’t even react, she just stood there blankly, swallowing the words that she wanted to speak. Too shock to even react to what Yoona said. It couldn’t be happening right? Why is he here? Doesn’t he get it, that she doesn’t want to see him anymore the last time she said that?

“Ah, you’re the girl I bumped into last night! Sorry about your finger by the way..” Yonghwa slightly bowed before he made his way in the house.

“It’s fine, make yourself at home,” Yoona gave a warm smile that gave butterflies to both the people in the room, Seohyun and Yonghwa.

“I’ll make tea for you guys, sit down!” she gestured and skipped happily to the kitchen.

Seohyun and Yonghwa settled down awkwardly, both didn’t speak at first. Seohyun tried to look at every other direction except for his, to avoid the eye contact with him. She already hate the fact that she’s breathing the same air as him right now.

“Seohyun?” Yonghwa tried to meet her gaze but Seohyun avoided it.

“Look, I came here to explain. I’ve changed really, I don’t want you back. Because you might be with someone else right now…..”

“I am, so can you please leave?”

“Wait no,”

“Leave, Jebal!” Seohyun abruptly stood up and pointed to the main door of the house, kicking him out. She can’t stand having him in the house, she can’t take it. Why does he have to be here when she’s already happy with Yoona?

“I’m living very happily with someone, I’m in love with someone else. So before you start any trouble, I really suggest you should leave now,” She had her eyes shut saying that, trying so hard not to cry with so much anger in her.

“Hyunnie…?” A fragile voice came from behind, who was so surprised to hear such tone coming from her.

“I’ll leave now, I’m sorry…” Yonghwa bowed countless of times and quickly left the house before things got worst. Yonghwa held back his tears of anger, angry not at her, but himself. He admitted, it’s his fault back then. He brought this upon himself, he got no one to blame but except himself.

“Hyunnie? Why did you just do that? He’s our guest you know…” Yoona reprimanded nicely, carefully choosing the words to say in her mind, trying not to hurt her since she has witnessed how hurt Seohyun looked now.

“I know, but I don’t like him…” she said, trying to hold back her tears.

“How can you not like him? He seems nice-”

“He’s not okay!”

“How would you know? I mean you just met him today,”

“He’s someone from my past Yoong! Of course I know him! I know too well, and I hate myself for knowing him in the first place. So don’t even try to like him, Yoong. He’s not someone you want to know,” Seohyun burst out into tears, wet trails ran down her cheeks profusely.

Yoona walked towards her who was sitting down on the floor, covering her face with her hands, hiding away, crying. She sat infront of her and took her hand gently, rubbing it soothingly, comforting her.

“There, there. I’m sorry Hyunnie, I didn’t know.. who is he anyway?” Yoona wiped her tears with her thumb and hugged her.

“He’s my ex-boyfriend. He’s the one who made me not trust love, until I met you.. he broke my heart Yoong, broke it into a million pieces.” She sobbed.

“It’s not just any typical break up Yoong, he left me for someone else. He embarrassed me in front of everyone saying how awful am I as a girlfriend, he said I was boring. He said I never knew how to treat men well, he slapped me, he said I’ll never be good enough for anyone, he…he…”

“Hush babe, you’re good enough for me. Don’t cry,” Yoona pulled her into a tight yet comforting hug that Seohyun loves.

Eventhough Yoona’s suppose to hate him because of how he treats Seohyun, she didn’t. She knew, maybe he came back to apologize, to seek for forgiveness. Because people tend to make mistakes, big or small, seeking forgiveness is the first step. And we should help them change for the better, by forgiving them. Yoona doesn’t like the idea of bearing a grudge for so long, its not good for her, she thinks. Because to her, it creates hatred more in one person, which is a side that nobody likes. She obviously doesn’t want Seohyun who is pure like an angel to have this side in her.

“Forgive him the next time you see him. People makes mistakes Seohyun, you and me, Taeng unnie, Yul unnie, Tiffany unnie, Jes….”

“I get it,”

“Sorry, hehe. But you have to forgive him, I’m sure he came to apologize. I know it’s not easy for you, because I can see it in your eyes you’re hurt each time you see anything that reminds you of him or right now, even see him with your own eyes. Don’t hurt someone else just because they’ve hurt you, you’re an angel, right Hyunnie?” Yoona warmly smiled and cupped her cheeks, rubbing them gently with her thumb, making her unfocused.

“Hyunnie?” Yoona called out to her making deep eye contact with her.

“D-dae..”

“Forgive and forget okay?” She stood up, pulling Seohyun up with her and plant a kiss on the forehead.

“I’ll look for him, he shouldn’t be too far away. Stay here,”

“But Yoong..” Seohyun held her wrist, reluctant of letting her go.

“We can’t leave him like that, it’s not nice. Don’t worry alright? I’ll be back before you know it, I promise!”

 

-

 

“Where could he be…?” Yoona looked around, thinking hard where an upset man would go, and scrutinizing each preppy man actions, hoping she could find him.

Yoona spotted a bright neon coloured sign which is the bar she always went to if she’s upset(which she rarely is), she was about to look for him there, but bar’s aren’t suppose to be open in the morning, right? Wait, how is she suppose to know, she’s too innocent to even go in there. She still remembered Taeyeon’s strict rule who she claimed it’s just an advice just because she doesn’t want to portray how much she cares for her Dongsaeng, that she’s not suppose to go to the bar. If she’s upset, she’s suppose to call for her or Yul unnie.

“But maybe if I sneak in… maybe he could be in there…”

Yoona was hesistant at first, but went to the alley to sneak into the bar from the back. She swiftly went in and saw a preppy looking man, looking helpless, drinking countless of shots but still looks sober. Wow, drinking like a boss.

“Yonghwa-sshi?” Yoona tilted her head to get a good look at him, and to her surprise it was really him.

“Uh, Yoona-sshi. How did you know…”

“Seohyun’s past aren’t you? I knew that, only after you left,” Yoona chuckled and patted his back as a form of comfort, which made Yonghwa create more butterflies eversince she came in the bar.

“Orange juice, please,” Yoona ordered politely and nodded her head, thanking the bartender.

“Really? Orange juice?” Yonghwa smirked, seeming a little better with her around him, strange enough.

“I’ve got rules to abide to okay, come on,” she drank the juice proudly, as if the juice tasted a thousand times better than the shots he took.

“So… how did you sneak into the bar… and I didn’t know there’s a bartender when it’s…”

“It’s open, you just didn’t read the sign closely,”

“In the morning?”

“Yep, you should know better. You live in Seoul, not me,” He chuckled, drinking another shot.

“Wow, you drink a lot of them and you’re still…”

“Sober?”

“Stop finishing my sentences for me,”

“Sorry, I like doing that,” he giggled at frustrated Yoona.

“I live in America, so you know how it is there, non-stop alcohol, so I got the hang of it,”

“Oh? You live in America? A shot of orange juice please,”

The bartender looked at her puzzled, but still managed to pour the juice in the shot.

“Seriously? A shot of orange juice?”

“Come on, I want to feel like an adult for once,”

“You are,”

“Don’t remind me that I’m getting older,”

“Whatever, and yes, I live in America to run a business there. My dad has a new outlet there, so I have to take care of it. That’s why I had to do that,”

“That?”

“Leaving Seohyun. I know you should have heard the whole story, I’m a jerk am I? But I did that, so that my father won’t do anything to hurt her. My dad doesn’t like her, so I had to hurt her by leaving her,”

“But in such a mean way,”

“She’ll never want to leave me if I asked her as if it’s just a typical break up, we had something way more special than that. Seohyun’s like a perfectionist, so she tries every way she can to make it work,” he explains, ordering one more shot.

 “Why did you look for me anyway?” Yonghwa ordered an orange juice shot now.

“Because I came to comfort you, duh. I didn’t want you upset, which I know you’re a ‘professional’ at hiding it,” she said, full of sarcasm.

“Thanks, but you’re being way too nice to a stranger who has an awful past,”

“But you didn’t do that on purpose,” she smiled and placed her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it.

“I know, that’s why I came back to explain, since my Dad has… passed..” Yonghwa felt a little more upset mentioning about his dad.

“I’m sorry about that, another shot of…”

“Orange juice?”

“I told you not to finish my sentence!” Yoona seemed a little more frustrated and folded her arms, but still ordered 2 more orange juice shots for them.

Yonghwa couldn’t help but stare deeply at her, scrutinizing each and every actions and fidgets of hers. It seems like he has fallen for her. Wow, that can’t be happening, he told himself.

“Cheers, to Yonghwa-sshi, cheer up! Seohyun forgave you!”

“Really? She did?” the both of them drank their shot and wiped their mouth at the same time, causing them to laugh at each other.

“Yeap, I talked to her. Don’t worry about it okay? She’ll be a little awkward around you if she happens to bump into you again, because you know… both of you just got better,”

“I understand, thanks so much for helping me. I really appreciate it. I thought you’ll be one of my haters too after you found out what I did, people usually hate me after they knew what I did to her, and didn’t give me a chance to explain myself,”

“It must be really hard on you, but anyhow, fighting!” Yoona threw a fist up in the air, expressing an aegyo that not many could witness.

“Cute,” he mumbled.

“Excuse me?”

“N-nothing,”

“Liar! You said I was cute, didn’t I?” Yoona burst into laughter, pressing her stomach to stop the pain.

“You don’t feel awkward when I said that?”

“Nope, why would I? We’re friends, aren’t we?” Yoona smiled and continued to laugh after recalling back that moment.

“Yep… Just friends..”

“Yonghwa-sshi! Another..”

“Shot?”

“Yah! I told you not to finish my sentence!”

 

--

 

“Good Morning Sunny-sshi!” Sooyoung greeted from the kitchen, cooking kimchi fried rice. Yummm….

“Mmm..” Sunny slowly opened her eyes and shuffled her way to kitchen.

“Kimchi fried rice….?” Sunny eyes quickly lit up.

“Yeah!” Sooyoung smiled and proudly cooked it.

“Give me 10 minutes, I’ll wash up and finish that whole pan!”

After 10 minutes, Sunny came out of her room, drying her hair with her towel. When she’s more awake, she felt a little more awkward after she recalled what Sooyoung did to her at Lotte World.

“Here you go, there’s more in the kitchen if you want,” Sooyoung said, she started eating first, too hungry to wait for her.

The whole breakfast was silent, it was too awkward for Sunny but no for Sooyoung. Sooyoung seem rather worried why she was silent, did she do something wrong?

At the kitchen, it was still silent, the both of them still have not spoken to each other.

“Sunny?”

“Yep?”

“Is something wrong?”

“An-ani, nothing’s wrong…” she focused back to washing the dishes.

“Then why are so quiet?” Sooyoung whispered into her ear, which made her flinch.

“I’m, I’m just tired,” Sunny quickly washed her hands and wiped them, and quickly made her way to her room. But before she could close the door, Sooyoung stopped it.

“Sunny? Can we talk?”

“I’m, I’m kind of busy now… maybe later?”

“Lee Soonkyu! Stop trying to avoid me will you?!” Sooyoung shout echoed across the apartment.

Sunny went out of her room as fast as possible, she knew that if Sooyoung calls her by her full name, she’s mad.

“What is it?” she folded her arms and looked out of the window.

“Look at me,”

“I said look at me, Sunny!” Sooyoung grabbed her chin and turn Sunny’s face to hers, and their face are like only 3 inches away, causing Sunny be in deep shock.

“Let’s be frank okay, can we start dating?”

“Bwoh!?” Sunny choked her own saliva after hearing what Sooyoung said.

“I fell for you, okay? Is it wrong? We’ve known each other for quite long, how can I not fall for you?” Sooyoung explained, still supporting her chin with her fingers.

“I’m sorry Sooyoung, I’m not sure of my own feelings,” She gently pushed Sooyoung’s hand away from her chin.

“Give me time, will you? Not for now… okay?” Sunny said apologetically.

“It’s fine. I need to take a walk, excuse me,” Sooyoung said with a poker face plastered on her face. Sunny couldn’t read the impassive face of hers, but one thing she knew she might be upset because she rejected her.

“Sooyoung, I’m..”

“Don’t be sorry, bye,” Sooyoung grabbed her trench coat and went out of her apartment and out of her building.

At the carpark, she on the ignition and checked her rearview mirrors and carefully reverse out of her parking spot and out of the lot.

“I’ll show you that I’m worth to be yours, Sunny Lee Soonkyu,” She increased the speed.

“I love you, I won’t give up on you,”

 

What's up everybody?! Sorry for the delay! I had a lot of school work to finish up and I'm busy with my painting! (Life of an art student, sigh). And i sacrificed my sleep and bear the cold night for you guys! I hope you guys like this chapter! I've actually planned the next few chapters out with my co-author, I'm just left with typing them out! Kekeke!

Look forward for my next chapter!

Love,

escapethefate