아홉

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Seulgi let out another fit of coughs, frowning sleepily after it finally stopped. She sort of knew she was about to get sick because last night she was feeling unwell while trying to complete the project after Joohyun went home. But of course, being the stubborn person she is, she thought that she'd be fine after a good night's sleep. It got worse though. She woke up coughing quite badly and she was feeling terrible. 

With a sigh, she reached over for her phone. She couldn't help but smile when she unlocked it and her home screen showed up; it was a picture of Joohyun sleeping with her head on the table from last night. Seulgi's smile faltered when she remembered she couldn't go to school today and that meant not being able to see Joohyun. That , because she was planning on bringing the girl out for lunch again. 

To: 승완🐹 (7.05am)

웬디아... 학교에 가자 않습니다.. 아픈 것 같아요 :(
(Wendy-ah I'm not going to school today I'm feeling sick)

It didn't take long before her phone vibrated against her blanket.

From: 승완🐹 (7.07am)

아.. 알겠어, 빨리 나으세요!!🐻
(Oh.. okay, get well soon!!)

Seulgi smiled a little, then put her phone back on the nightstand. She had yet another coughing fit before finally settling down. "Honey, are you alright?" Came her mother's voice as she knocked on the door. "Yeah, I'm fine.." Seulgi said, pulling her fluffy blanket over her head. She planned to go back to sleep; maybe that'll make her feel better. 

-

Joohyun held onto Wendy's hand while they walked to the bus stop. It was quieter than usual, and Wendy knew why. She caught Joohyun constantly looking around the neighborhood - particularly in the direction of Seulgi's house - like she was waiting for someone. "Hyun-ah.." 

"Hmm?" Joohyun hummed, her eyes still looking everywhere except at Wendy. "Who are you looking for?" Wendy asked even though she knew the answer. 

The girl kicked her feet back and forth, letting them dangle off the metal seats at the bus stop where they were waiting. "Where's Seulgi?" She frowns to herself and turns to Wendy. 

"She's not feeling well, so she's not going to school today." Immediately, Joohyun sits up straighter with wide eyes. "I- is she alright? Seulgi's not dying right?" She asked anxiously, and Wendy almost panics when Joohyun sounded like she was going to cry. 

"Seulgi's not dying of course! She's just feeling sick.. perhaps she's got the flu or the fever. She didn't tell me." Wendy says quickly so as to calm her sister down from her frenzy. It was cute how attached Joohyun was to Seulgi. Heck, even Joohyun doesn't cling to Wendy as much as she does to Seulgi. And they were sisters for 's sake.

Wendy got up from the seat and took Joohyun's hand in hers when she saw their bus approaching. "Wendy?" 

She hums in response, while guiding Joohyun through the bus and motioning for her to sit down. Once they were seated, she turned to look at her sister. "What is it?"

"I get lonely when Seulgi's not around." Her voice sounded defeated and sad, which kinda made Wendy's heart hurt. She didn't like it when her sister felt this way. "Well, you have me." She smiles but Joohyun just shakes her head. "You're not with me all the time. Seulgi has most of her lessons with me.." 

Seulgi was the only person Joohyun was comfortable talking with in class. The rest of her classmates either disliked her, or acted like she was some sort of disease. It didn't help that most of Joohyun's classmates were the popular boys and girls who always judged her. 

"I.." Wendy started, but gave up after a few moments. She didn't really know what else to say or how else to comfort her sister. It wasn't like she could choose which class to be in anyway. "I can meet you during lunch break."

"Seulgi's not there.." Joohyun mumbled. 

"Um... Joy and Yeri has lesson with you today-"

Joohyun let out a sigh, her eyes looking at her fingers while she fiddled with them. "Seulgi's not there.." 

Wendy saw where this was going. Joohyun just missed Seulgi too much. She thought for a while before an idea popped into her head. Wendy tapped on Joohyun's shoulder, making the girl look at her. "Let's give Seulgi a surprise visit after school."

-

"Go on, ring the doorbell.." Wendy urged Joohyun who looked rather nervous. School finally ended and as soon as they were released from class, Joohyun was bolting to the front gate to get to Seulgi's house. She seemed extremely excited about visiting Seulgi but when they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter