SooRi?

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday/August 21, 2007

Jessica’s POV

What a beautiful Wednesday morning. Today’s the day, the first ‘jour des fleurs’. I’ve been waiting for this since that day I made my wish. I hope it will be fulfilled. I have been thinking about all the time. Last night while we were making the base for our scrapbook I had a little accident…

*flashback*

In Yuri’s room

Yuri: Jessica, I’ll just get some snacks downstairs okay? While I’m gone, look for my glitters and other scrapbook materials in the boxes in that closet.

Jess: *tomorrow’s the day! I hope my wish will come true…Please pick my flower T-*

Yuri: (pinches Jessica) YAH! Are you listening??

Jess: Sorry. What’s that again?

Yuri: I told you to look for the materials inside the boxes in the closet.

Jess: Oh…right. Okay. Get me some juice please.

Yuri: Sure thing. I’ll be back in a few minutes. (She walks out of the room)

Jess: (walks to the closet and opens it.) Eh…Yuri’s surely messy. There are lots of boxes here. What does she keep in here? (She opens a rectangular box) Old shoes. (She opens another box) oooh…love letters?? (She opens one and reads it) Ha! Just as I thought! Letters from Kara. Those girls are really over the top for her. (She sees a big box) Aha! Here it is! (She was about to close the closet when something caught her eye. It was on the highest section of the closet. It was a big round box…it was pink. Curious to know what’s inside, Jessica got a chair and stepped on it. She still can’t reach the box so she went down and put different boxes on top of the chair then she made her way up. )

Jess: (she was trying to reach the box) Got it! Pink huh? Hmm. I wonder if this is still my best friend’s favorite color. (She looked at the glittering letters on the box) Soori?? 

Yuri: What are you doing?? (A box went out of place and...)

*THUD*

Jess: Ow! (She was lying on the floor. She tries to get up using her arms to support her weight) 

Yuri: Jessica! (She placed the tray on top a table) Are you okay? (She helps Jessica get up)

Jess: Do I look like I’m okay? (She was rubbing her back) why did you scream like that?

Yuri: I wouldn’t have screamed if you weren’t up those boxes! (Jessica turned her back on Yuri) You know they were not enough to support your weight.

Jess: (she faced Yuri) and you have the nerve to tease me like that!

Yuri: okay. Okay. Sorry. C’mon, lie on the bed for a while. I’ll clean up this mess. (She leads Jessica to her bed then leaves to pick up the boxes)

Jess: (she lay down on the bed) Yuri-ah…what’s Soori?

Yuri: No Jessica…the question should be ‘who’

Jess: huh?

Yuri: Soori’s a ‘who’ Jess. (She gave a bright smile)

Jess: oh…who’s Soori?

Yuri: It’s me and Su yeong. We combined our names together. He he. It’s our couple name I guess. 

Jess: couple?

Yuri: Yeah…It means two, right?

Jess: Yeah but ‘couple’ is used by two people who have a relationship with each other.

Yuri: We have friendship…

Jess: I meant intimate relationship Yuri.

Yuri: what?? (She chuckled) 

Jess: Did you and Su yeong have an intimate relationship?

Yuri: Woah! Hehehe. We did not have that kind of relationship Jessica. What’s the big deal? 

Jess: Oh nothing… You know it is not impossible that you two might have had something…different.

Yuri: oh no Jess. Me and Soo? Never. She’s like a sister to me. I never see her more of a friend.

Jess: Good for you. (She hugged a pillow)

Yuri: what’s wrong?

Jess: In America, I had a best friend like yours too. We were really close, but unlike you Yuri…I can’t help but fall for her. I’m that vulnerable you know. When I was about to tell her that I really love her, she needed to go back to Korea. I felt like she took my whole heart with her. I was really hurt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter