The Tradition

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Mrs. Park’s office

Mrs. Park: I called you two here today not for a punishment but for a special project.

Yuri: What kind of project Mrs. Park?

Mrs. Park: I call this one ‘project B.F.F’

Jessica: B.F.F? Best Friends Forever?

Mrs. Park: That’s right Jessica. Last year when Yuri here came to this school, I knew that she’s a very sociable girl who always smiles and she has this…Charm. People easily get attracted to her. She was doing fine until she got in the volleyball team. It was the opposite of what I expected...and I think know why. (She winked at Yuri and Yuri chuckled) I can’t stop them, I think even a police restriction order can’t stop those kids. Anyway, I want you two to make a documentary or a scrapbook for this school year. Don’t worry. I’m the only one who gets to see it.

Jessica: Why pick me?

Mrs. Park: because you’re new here. You’ll need someone to tour you around. I know you need a friend. Yuri’s perfect for you...I mean...Yuri’s perfect for the role. (She gives Jessica a warm smile)

Jessica: I understand Mrs. Park

Mrs. Park: plus, you’ll be given special passes to every event and other privileges. Are you okay with that?

Yuri: of course!

Jessica just nodded.

Mrs. Park: It’s settled then. I’ll be checking your progress every month. Goodbye girls.

Yuri and Jessica: Goodbye Mrs. Park.

The two girls leave the room and stayed at the hallway.

Yuri: So Jess…do you want to talk about the project?

Jess: Sure Yuri but can we stay somewhere quiet?

Yuri: Library?

Jess: no…somewhere inspiring…

Yuri: cafeteria?

Jess…No sheesh. Food again Yuri? I can’t believe you eat so much and still maintain you’re *gorgeous* fit body.

Yuri: that’s the magic of sports. Anyway, you should meet my best friend. She’s the true Shikshin…and she’s as thin as a model.

Jess: Hey! You have a best friend already?

Yuri: yeah. Why? You jealous? (she gives Jessica a teasing smile)

Jess: No I’m not. I just thought you have none. That’s what Mrs. Park said.

Yuri: She talked about friends in school Jess. I’m not that weird to have no friends even outside the school. Su yeong’s my childhood friend. 

Jess: Su Yeong? My Korean name’s Su-yeon. Wow, we’re both SY’s. (she chuckled)

Yuri: It seems that you’re overqualified to be my best friend. 

Jess: yeah right. So…where is she? I want to meet her.

Yuri: oh…she’s in Japan right now. She’s rebuilding her career there as a member of a girl duo.

Jess: Too bad. I want to ask a few things about you.

Yuri: You can ask me.

Jess: I want to know you from a best friend’s point of view.

Yuri: What difference does it make? 

Jess: a lot. (she sticks her tongue out)

Yuri: ah…yah Jessi-(Jessica covered )

Jess: Before you say anything let’s find a place to stay first okay?

Yuri: aish…fine. So where do you want to go?

Jess: do you have a garden in this school?

Yuri: Yup! And it’s not just any garden. Hehe. 

Jess: what’s with the laugh? You’re getting weirder every second.

Yuri: don't mind it! cmon! Let’s go! (Yuri grabbed Jessica’s hand and ran off heading outside the main building)

The two girls ran towards the back part of the school building. They passed by the gym and the school museum. They stopped when they reached a wide wall with a flight of stairs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter