Jessica knows

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

Sooyoung’s POV

Jessica! You need to balance yourself on the bike!

I watched as Jessica move away from me.

Sooyoungie! I’m actually moving!

Of course you are! You only have your left foot on a pedal while your other foot is on the ground! Stop forcing yourself to move with your right foot! Put both feet on the pedals!

I can’t! I’ll fall!

Just try it!

Jessica lifted her right foot from the ground but before she can step on the pedal she already fell off the bike. I ran to her. 

Jessica! I kneeled down to her. Are you okay?

Ouch. She tried to get up. I pushed the bike off her and pulled her up. I put my left hand around her waist and assisted her to a nearby bench. You’re such a klutz. I sat her down on the bench.

Yah. Is that how you teach someone? You just left me on my own on the first try. She glared at me.

I want to see if you could be on your own. I couldn’t let you depend on my support alone. I sat down beside her.

At least you could’ve guided me even just for a few seconds.

Okay, I’m sorry…I kept my head down.

Can I depend on you Sooyoung? She asked after some time.

Of course you can. I’ll hold the bike on your next try…

Besides that…

What do you mean?

Can I count on you at all times? Will you be there for me when I need someone? Will you always be at my side? She stared into my eyes, as if digging into my soul. I just stared back at her. Well?

I smiled. Of course you can. 

She smiled, a genuine smile. That’s just what I wanted to hear. She stood up and went to the back. She pulled it up and sat on it. She turned to me and said…C’mon Sooyoungie…We don’t have all day.

Hey! That’s my line! She chuckled, I ran to her. Okay, hands on the handles, feet on the pedals. Do it.

She did what I said. I’ll help you get your rhythm. I’m standing at her left side. I put my right hand at the edge of her seat. I’m supposed to put my left hand on the left handle but Jessica’s hand was there so I just put my hand on top of hers. I did it on purpose but I can’t let her know that so I just continued on giving instructions with my head down. Then…she moved her head, I’m sure she’s looking at our hands. 

T-then uhm...when I feel that you’re already set to go on your own…I…I’ll let you go…

But I don’t want you to let go…

I quickly turned to her, she was looking at me intently…Is she serious? Then she smiled. 

Don’t mind me. She looked in front of her. Let’s get going then.

Damn. I think I’m really obvious. Is she already noticing my affection?

Sooyoung, let’s go.

Okay…I moved the bike. Push the pedals Sica. Like a kid, she did what I told her to do. You’re doing great. Balance yourself Jessica…I’ll be letting you go now…

Jessica’s POV

No! Before Sooyoung could let go of my hand, I pushed the pedals harder and faster.

Sica, slow down! She hadn’t had the chance to let go. I was still pedaling faster and Sooyoung had to keep up with the bike.Omo…how do I stop this thing?? Jessica! Stop! Sooyoung’s running now. Break! Hold down the break! I did what she told me. I held on to the break really tight but…due to the sudden stop, Sooyoung fell on the ground.

Sooyoung! I got off the bike and ran to her side. Are you okay?

Ow. Of course I’m not Sica. She was rubbing her elbow. 

You’re bleeding. I took out my handkerchief and wrapped it around her elbow. 

Why did you do that?? 

You told me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter