The Dream

Mon Coeur: My Vengeful Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung was already sleeping soundly when…

(dream) *FLASHBACK*

July 2007

At the cemetery

Sooyoung is standing in front of Soojin’s grave. She was just staring at it with her hands across her chest. “Unnie…why’d you leave me?”

Her mom and dad are standing next to her. “Sooyoung, she didn’t leave you on purpose.”

“I know dad…It wasn’t her fault. It’s that Mrs. Jung’s fault.”

“Sooyoung, It was an accident. Don’t blame anyone for what happened.”

“And why would I not blame her mom??? If it wasn’t for that woman unnie would still be here with us!” Tears form in her eyes. “She should’ve stayed with me at Japan. I knew that conference was a bad idea.” Her tears started to roll down her cheeks. 

“Your sister didn’t stop you from your dream, why should you stop hers?”

“I just want her to be with me mom. I can’t go on without unnie…she’s my strength, she’s my inspiration…” She covered her face with her eyes and cried helplessly.

Mr. Choi put his hands around her daughter. “It’s okay…she told you to be strong right? Live your life for her Sooyoung…”’

Not far away from the Choi family, a car has arrived. Three people went down and walked towards the family.

“You…” Mr. Jung pointed at Jessica. “Apologize to her family. It was your fault we’re in this mess.”


“Dad, that's too harsh…” Krystal held her sister’s hand.

“Don’t in Krystal. This is your sister’s problem, don’t you dare get involved.” He walked ahead of her daughters.

“Unnie…”she hugged Jessica. “I’m sure dad didn’t mean it. His emotions are still on overdrive. Everything’s going to be okay soon.”

“I don’t think so Krystal…He’s really mad.” She was so close to tears but she willed them away. She can’t show any weakness to her dad. “I guess the only way to neutralize the situation is through silence. I can’t fight back or else…he might kick me out…” She sobbed.

“Unnie! He would never do that!”

“want a bet? *sniff* C’mon. I can already feel his stare stabbing my back.” They walked hand in hand towards the Choi family.

“Mom, dad, I’ll just go someplace else.” She looked away from the family heading towards them.

“But we have guests Sooyoung."

 They’re Soojin’s guests, not mine.” She started to walk away. 

“Deary..wait” Mrs. Choi is going to follow her daughter when Mr. Jung spoke.

“Our condolences Mr. and Mrs. Choi.” He bowed his head.

“Thank you Mr. Jung. You just came home from America?”

“Yes…erhm…These are my daughters, Krystal and….Jessica”

“Our condolences Mr. and Mrs. Choi” They bowed their heads.

“Don’t you have something to say Jessica?” His eyes were focused on Jessica’s

Jessica looks at her dad and then to the couple. “I’m..s-s-sorry…”

“For what Jessica?” Mrs. Choi asked.

“I uhm…I…”

“she was the reason why my wife rushed that night.” Mr. Jung said coldly.

“oh…It was an accident. It was no one’s fault”

“Well….I think otherwise. Her stubbornness was really a problem.” And with that Jessica ran away from the place. 

Her tears are unstoppable as she was running past the gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter