Trouble

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was drained, emotionally and physically.


The set was in a state of chaos after the last scene ended. Excited chatter punctuated the still of the night, as people milled around taking photos, exchanging hugs. She was passed on from one group to another and after what seemed like the 50th photo she had taken, she could no longer muster another smile.


This normally bright and cheerful girl needed a break.


Muttering an excuse, she wandered to a large, towering tree at the other end of the park, where she had decided would be her hiding spot for the next 10 minutes. She needed some space and time to recollect herself after the long, emotionally-charged night. From where she was crouching in the shadows, she had a good view of her coworkers - some were still running around, flushed with excitement, while others were packing their equipment wearily, ready to call it a night. An aspiring psychologist, she loved people-watching. But she's only looking out for one person now. Her eyes roved around the park but there was no sight of him. That one person she longed for wasn't in their midst.


She hung her head, exhaustion and melancholy setting in. She was ready to head home and crash, but she was too tired to move. Her brain was mushed and her limbs refused to cooperate.


A pair of leather shoes appeared next to her just as a nice masculine scent permeated the air. Her breath quickened, as her eyes travelled from the expensive shoes, up the well-fitting dress pants, to the flat plane of his stomach, the broad shoulders, and finally his eyes. He's here. She didn't have to find him. He found her.


The man who's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter