Conspicuous

First spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The return to the daily grind was difficult.

 

Technically they'd only spent 5 days together in Jeju, but she couldn't remember a time when she'd slept alone, without the warm curve of his body cocooning her. Even her own bed at home - the one she'd had since she was 13 - felt foreign. It was too big and too empty. She was tempted to ask him to send over his pillowcases so she could fall asleep with his masculine scent in her nose, but she figured that might be too creepy, even for her, so she ditched the idea. Instead, she stole his shirt.

 

"Do you know what happened to my shirt?" he asked when they met a few days after they'd returned to Seoul.

 

"Which shirt?" She feigned innocence, but her hands couldn't help fidgeting with her skirt. She knew exactly which one and where it was at the moment - in her bed.

 

He studied her face, but she could barely meet his eyes. "Nothing. Maybe I have a secret T-shirt stealer. I guess I'll just have to buy more." He smirked, tugging her close so he could dip his hands under her blouse to caress her bare skin.

 

That's the other thing. They couldn't stop touching each other. Especially when they were alone. And they were very alone right now, in the backroom of the cafe where they had first confessed their feelings to each other. The door was locked; she had made sure of that when she'd first entered the room. Oppa apparently had the same thought because she saw him walk over to give the knob a few twists just moments ago, like he needed peace of mind that they indeed had their privacy.

 

He threw her a salacious grin and was about to move in for a kiss when she interrupted, "You know, I'm missing my bra too. Any idea where it's gone?"

 

Oppa immediately stilled. "Bra? Which one?" he hedged, his lips distractedly.

 

"The white, lacy one? The one that I was wearing during our Truth or Strip?"

 

His eyes gleamed. "Ahh, that one. The one you were not wearing, you mean? That was a good one." He hummed as he skimmed his hands up her sides. "But don't you have it on you now?" Without warning, he hoisted her blouse swiftly to reveal her s, which, as he had predicted, were clad in a white, lacy bra.

 

Yelping at the unexpected move, she slapped his hands away and yanked down her shirt, but not before he copped a feel of her s. "Seriously?" she hissed, crossing her arms protectively over her chest, just as a flush worked its way up her face. "How did you know what I'm wearing anyway?"

 

"I had a peek earlier when you bent down. It was a good view."

 

She felt her cheeks heat up. "It's a different bra, by the way," she muttered indignantly, though she didn't know why she felt the need to correct him.

 

"I know." He had the cheek to flash her a triumphant smile. "The one you're wearing now has a bow in the centre but the one you wore for Truth and Strip doesn't. That one has elaborate flower embroidery, and the fabric's slightly silkier," he rattled off effortlessly, like he'd done extensive research in this area. This guy was shameless.

 

"Are you sure you don't know where my other bra is? You seem to know it quite well." She commented dryly, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

Like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he froze. "Um..." he cleared his throat, scratching the nape of his neck. "Oh look at the time!" His eyes widened dramatically at the clock behind her. "Maybe we should talk later. We are late for the dinner gathering with the guys. Come on, let's go." With that, he spun on his heels and strode for the door.

 

Conflict avoidant.

Sneaky.

Bra stealer and T-shirt stealer.

At least they made a pretty good pair.

   

 

"How do you feel about army? All set?"

 

That seemed to be the question of the day. She gave Oppa a sympathetic look as he answered yet another well meaning greeting from a fellow crew or cast member. The Suspicious Partner gang had earlier arranged to meet up before Oppa's enlistment. Let's have a proper send off for Wookie, they said. But looking at the amount of alcohol flowing around the table, she had a feeling it was just an excuse for them to get drunk.

 

Not that she minded. She was about to take a shot of soju herself when Oppa cast her a surreptitious glare in her direction.

 

Don't you dare, he warned.

 

Stop me if you can, she challenged with arched eyebrows, bringing the glass to her lips slo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter