Chapter 9 - Hero

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tris could remember the first moment she started seeing Kihyun as more than just her best friend. They were 16 and it was their winter formal. They had always gone to dances together but now Kihyun had wanted to take a girl he liked. It was probably the first time Kihyun indirectly made Tris sad. She knew she was silly for being sad. So what if she didn’t go with Kihyun. She could go with another guy. But that right there was the problem.  Who would want to go with her? If she hadn’t gone to every school dance with Kihyun, she would have probably never had dates.

Maybe that’s why she felt sad, she told herself. Not because Kihyun wanted to go with another girl. But because she knew she was probably going to be dateless. It was 2 weeks before the dance and Kihyun was in Tris’ room practicing how he was going to ask his new crush to go with him. Tris couldn’t help get jealous that he was preparing so much. “I give up", Kihyun said, "I’ll just go with you, I can’t ask her out, have you seen her, she’s perfect!” Tris was more than happy with that arrangement but she knew she had to put her best friend before her own personal feelings.

“Look, she’s going to say yes obviously. And so what if she’s perfect. You are Yoo Kihyun, she would be lucky to be your date”. Tris reassured him. “Well I am my father’s son”, Kihyun said slowly getting his confidence back. “So have you found a date yet?” Kihyun asked. “No not yet, but I will soon.” Tris hated lying to Kihyun, even if it was little white lies. She knew there was no way she was going to this dance. No one was going to ask her and she really didn’t feel like watching Kihyun dance with some other girl all night long.

~~~~~~~

The day of the dance finally arrived. Tris had hardly seen Kihyun in the past 2 weeks since he had a big game coming up and he was in full practice mode every day. She was also avoiding him, hoping he wouldn’t be asking questions about the dance. He had asked her to come shopping with him to pick out a suit but she made up a silly excuse of how she needed to help Bora. Tris’ room door opened and there stood Kihyun looking handsome as ever in a black suit, white shirt and tie in hand, rubbing his eye like a little baby whose nap had just broken.

“What the hell, why are you in your pjs, you know the dance is in in an hour right”. Kihyun yelled. “And you know you are going to have to start tying your ties

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter