Chapter 8 - Steal your heart

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun and Tris made their way back into the lounge to greet the guys. Monsta X were quite surprised to find the pair coming out from Kihyun’s room, but held in the teasing since Tris was around. Tris locked eyes with Hyungwon, making her blush, now knowing what he thought of her. She didn’t quite have enough time to process what Kihyun had told her about Hyungwon because she was soon distracted by the words that followed.

Tris greeted the guys who were soon stuffing their faces with the food she had bought. “I should get going”, Tris said to Kihyun who had avoided looking at her since that moment on the bed. There was a part of Tris hoping for Kihyun to tell her to stay, but those words had come from someone else. Hyungwon got up from the floor of food and stood in front of Tris. “Don’t go, stay a little while longer, please”. That sweet smile could probably get any girl to do anything, Tris thought. “It’s getting late and I have a long drive back to campus”. It was the best excuse Tris could come up with. But the truth was, for the first time in her life, she and Kihyun were having an awkward moment and she didn’t think he wanted her there right now. “It’s already late”, said Minhyuk, “you should stay over and drive back in the morning”.  

Tris looked at Kihyun, who had joined the guys on the floor. She wished he had given her some indication of what he wanted her to do, but instead, he just sat there eating. “You guys are all tired, I’m sure the last thing you want is company”, Tris said. “You are not company”, Wonho said, barely able to speak with his mouth full of food, “you are Kihyun’s family, and you are more than welcome to stay”. “Kihyunah, make her stay”, Hyungwon turned his head to Kihyun, while still facing his body towards Tris.

Kihyun was still in a daze since lying on the bed with Tris. He wasn’t even sure how he had food in his mouth because he couldn’t remember putting it in there. All he could focus on since they came out of the room was the way Hyungwon was acting around Tris. In the time he had known Hyungwon, he never liked a girl, so it was strange for Kihyun to see him this way. There was a dating ban throughout their trainee period as well as the first few months after they debuted. Even if there hadn’t been a ban, they never had the time to even think about girls, let alone meet them or date them. Kihyun looked up at Hyungwon who had this pleading look on his face. The look that said come on bro, make her stay so I can spend some time with her.

Kihyun looked at Tris who was looking right back at him with a look he’d never seen before. He wasn’t quite sure what it was, but she looked sad. It was the first time their eyes met since moments ago when he told her she was beautiful. Kihyun wondered what would have happened if the guys didn’t show up at that moment. Lying on the bed with Tris felt different this time. It wasn’t bad different or good different. It was just different. Like he wasn’t lying in bed with his best friend, he was lying in bed with a girl. He knew making Tris stay was what Hyungwon wanted and he didnt like that. But making Tris stay was what he wanted too. The thought of her leaving made his heart ache again. He looked back down at his food and said a single word, “stay”.

~~~~~~~

“Noona, it’s so nice having a girl around who brings us food and cleans up after us”, Jooheon said to Tris after they stuffed down all the food she had bought. “Yah Lee Jooheon, I cook and clean for you guys”, Kihyun snapped. “But Tris noona does it without nagging us”, Changkyun added with an eye roll. Tris found the maknae line completely adorable. Kihyun raised his hand to hit Changkyun playfully before Tris stepped in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter