Chapter 5 - Blind

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After meeting the rest of Monsta X and hanging out for a while, it was time for the boys to leave and everyone started saying their goodbyes. Tris had waited for Woohyun and Soyou to say their goodbyes to Kihyun before she went up to him. Ash and Lala had already left and were waiting outside in the car for her. The other guys were now alone and mingling amongst themselves and Tris had no more reasons to stall her goodbye.

Kihyun pulled Tris in for another hug. It was one of her favourites. That hug where she couldn’t breathe. That hug that said 'I don’t want to say goodbye to you'. Tris felt the tears fill up in her eyes. "You have no idea how proud I am of you Kihyun, nothing makes me happier than seeing you up on stage doing what you love”. Kihyun finally let go and Tris wiped her tears. "Yah, do you need me to personally bring food and shove it down your throat or are you going to eat more from now on", Tris scolded.

"You know food tastes better when you feed me", Kihyun smiled. "Don’t be cute with me Yoo Kihyun, absence has made your smile lose its effect!". That was not true at all. No amount of time apart could ever change the way his smile warmed her heart. "I should get going now”, Tris said, “I’ll call you tomorrow okay", Tris held onto Kihyun’s hand until the very last moment when he left her at the door and patted her head goodbye.

And there it was again .. that feeling of not being able to breathe…

~~~~~~~

Kihyun closed the door once tris left and came back to find the 6 guys giving him the 'ooooh you just held a girls hand' look. Kihyun simply ignored them and started getting ready to leave. Holding Tris' hand was different than holding other girls’ hands. He had been holding her hand since they were babies. As they grew older, most people thought they were a couple, because it was so natural for them to hold hands. He liked the feel of her fingers in his, the softness of her skin, the way that they were small enough to fit inside his. Whenever they sat together, he would instinctively take her hands in his. Even though Kihyun thought his hands were fat and ugly, Tris liked how warm they kept her cold hands.

Hyungwon, who had been watching the whole goodbye went up to Kihyun. “Yah Kihyun-ah, how come you never told us how cute tris is?”. All the guys looked at Hyungwon and then back at Kihyun before they added in their comments of how he was trying to keep her all to himself. Kihyun had always thought Tris was cute, but somehow, it had gone over his head that other guys would feel that way too. “But I have our picture frame in my room, you have seen her before” Kihyun responded. “Pabo-ya, you guys were like 15 in that photo and all that showed us was she’s stronger than you”. Kihyun hadn’t realized that the picture he had of the two of them was from so far back. It had been a good memory, even though it was one of the worst days of his life. It was a photo of Tris carrying him on her back. He could still remember the way her hair smelled while she carried him. Kihyun was known for his sense of smell and no matter how many times tris had changed her shampoo over the years, her hair always had a distinct scent to him.

~~~~~~~

Tris and Kihyun had grown up with soccer nets in their backyards because of their dads.  So it was no surprise when Kihyun had joined his school’s soccer team…

When Kihyun turned 15, soccer became more prominent in his life. His team had a big game coming up and he had been practicing in his back yard every day after school. So much so, that he didn’t even have time to hang out with Tris. On the particular day the photo had been taken out, Kihyun was getting more and more anxious about the upcoming game. Woohyun and Soyou were not home as yet and Kihyun had decided to go to the soccer field at school to practice. In his state of mind, the only thing he took to the field was his soccer ball, leaving his cellphone behind with no note regarding his whereabouts.

Tris had been in her room the whole afternoon catching up on 2pm and Shinee… They had debuted that year and had become her favourite groups. She used to keep telling Kihyun that he had to become main vocal when he became an idol, because her biases from the two groups were the main vocals. She started editing songs so that only the main vocals’ parts were left and would give it to Kihyun to listen. “If you can sound like my loves when you debut, you will have every girl’s heart”, Tris had said to him. From that moment on, Kihyun focused more on becoming a main vocal r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter