Chapter 4 - Calm Down

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a college student was harder on Tris than she had expected. She was working towards her engineering degree. Tris never knew what she wanted to do all her life. Sure she had those dreams like every other kid, princess, actress, model. but eventually they got more serious. Watching every soccer game with Kihyun and their fathers made her think about a career in sports science. But it was not until the moment she received her acceptance letter for engineering, that she had finally made her decision. Tris had never gone to a new educational institute without Kihyun right there by her side. They sat together in almost every class and he even walked her to classes she had without him. So when she first got to college, it was weird. It felt like too much of a change. She had a hard time adjusting until she met Ash and Lala. Tris rarely had girl friends before. She never really felt the emptiness of a girl's presence because she had Kihyun who, when the moment called for it, became everything she needed from a girl. Ash and lala, who had been tris’ roommates for 4 years, had not managed to fill the Kihyun void she felt, but Tris was still thankful for her new friends.

~~~~~~~

Kihyun was excited about Monsta X’s upcoming concert. As a singer, you lived for moments like this. But as a regular guy, these moments were the only way you could see your bestfriend. Kihyun had reserved seats for Tris and her new friends who had supposedly ‘replaced him’. He couldn’t help but sulk after Tris had said those words to him, even though he knew she was joking. The thought of being replaced in her life made his heart ache in a way he never felt before. Kihyun had always assumed that no matter what happened in their lives, he and Tris would not change, their relationship will be the same as it was all their lives.

~~~~~~~

When the girls arrived at the concert venue, they were ushered to their reserved vip seats. Ash and Lala were quite impressed at the treatment they received. Tris always went on and on about Kihyun but they never really took the magnitude of his fame seriously until this moment. Tris had only been to a Monsta X show once before. It was hard for her to be a more active fan due to her studies. From the moment the show had begun, Tris had tunnel vision. She was like a Kihyun stan who could see no other member on stage. Ash and Lala on the other hand, were fangirling over the other members.

Everytime tris screamed out Yoo Kihyun with the crowd, she felt the need to say 'my' before his name. Tris didn’t read too much into moments like this. Moments when she felt possessive of him. Moments when she didn’t want to share him with the screaming girls.

After the show had reached its end, Tris led the girls backstage with the vip passes Kihyun had arrange for them. Ash and Lala began to panic since they were about to enter a room of idols. All Tris was worried about, was if she was going to be able to let go of Kihyun when she hugged him. Though they saw each other every single day growing up, they hugged hello and goodbye. They did this no matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter