Chapter 31 - Broken Heart

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun knew exactly what he wanted to sing for Tris. While she listened to her recording, he set up the next song. He was a bit wary about singing a song like this to Tris. It probably wasn’t the best idea when they were just getting back on their feet. And then… Tris looked up at him and smiled. She was so beautiful; she really did take his breath away. Kihyun decided he was going to just go for it. No more thinking and no more worrying about the consequences.

~~~~~~~

“So I don’t really know what I’m doing right now”, Tris said. “I already set it up, you just have to press play”, Kihyun said trying to fight the nervousness. How could he perform in front of stadiums of people all the time, yet feel so anxious in front of just of just one person?,  Kihyun thought. He saw Tris smile when the music played and suddenly, all his nervousness drifted away...

~~~~~~~

“neon machi manhwa sogui juingong gata“ (You’re like a comic book star)

“amuri bwado hyeonsiljeogiji anha“ (No matter how much I look, you’re so unrealistic)

“aesseo boiji anha do deureonaneun body line“ (Even if you don’t try, your body line shows)

“ganeun heorijjeumkkaji gireun gin saengmeori“ (Your thin waist, your long straight hair)

“i modeun ge neomu areumdaun neo“ (Everything about you is so beautiful)

“neoreul gajgo sipeojyeo“ (I want you)

~~~~~~~

Wow, Kihyun thought as he sang. It was the first time he actually felt every word of this song. Tris was truly the most unrealistic person he knew. Yes everything about her was beautiful. She had an amazing body. She had long straight hair that he loved to play with. But none of that was the reason why he loved her. He would have loved her all the same, without any of those things.

Tris was unrealistic, because it was not possible for a person to be that perfect. Why did he ever push her away? Why did he ever hurt her? How did he manage to go that long without telling her how he felt? Kihyun felt a wave of sadness flow through him. He truly did not deserve the girl sitting in front of him right now. But, as he watched Tris smile at him, what he deserved, didn’t matter anymore. Kihyun knew that regardless of his own worth, no one could ever make Tris as happy as he could. No one could ever know Tris the way he does. No one could ever appreciate Tris the way he does. No one could ever love Tris the way he does. He was going to do everything he could to prove that to her.

~~~~~~~

“Nan sumi meojeul geotman gata (I’m running out of breath)

“Cause you’re so perfect”

“So perfect so perfect girl”

“Yeah I want you by my side”

“Cause you’re so perfect so perfect so perfect”

~~~~~~~

If only Tris knew how true these words were. She had always been insecure about herself, no matter how much he tried to tell her differently. He would spend the rest of forever, trying to prove these words to her if he could. But he didn’t want to even think about forever, unless she was by his side....

~~~~~~~

“Wow”, Tris said once he was done. “That was”, Tris paused and let out a heavy breath, “Amazing Kihyun”, Tris said. “You were… really… amazing”. It felt like Tris had forgotten how to breathe. An overwhelming wave of emotions passed over her. Kihyun was wrong, Tris thought, he wasn’t always her Kihyun. The boy standing in front of her was someone else. He wasn’t her Kihyun or Monsta X’s Kihyun. He was just a boy she felt herself falling for all over again.

“Noona?!”, Jooheon said as he burst through the recording studio’s door. Tris jumped with surprise. “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter