Chapter 30 - Perfect Girl

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my god!!! I cannot believe we are here”, Tris said excitedly. “Welcome to my place of work Tris”, Kihyun said proudly. He had brought her to Starship Entertainment. “Wow, this is just… wow, am I even allowed to be in here?”, Tris asked, turning her loud excitement into a whisper. “No, you are trespassing right now”, Kihyun said matching her whisper. Just like you trespassed into my heart, he thought. “Oooh, why does that just make this more exciting?”, Tris said. Kihyun laughed. “Come on you lawbreaker, let me give you the full tour”, he said.

~~~~~~~

“So this is the practice room, where I demonstrate my insane dance skills”, he said. “Wow, this is weird, I always see it on v lives and now I’m here.”, Tris said with the biggest smile on her face. Kihyun couldn’t help but smile at her reaction. “You know sometimes, I forget that you’re an idol.”, Tris said. “Well, I’ll work harder”, Kihyun joked. “Hehe, I just mean, whenever I see you… you are the boy who sat next to me in class every day or played tea party with me in our backyards; just my Kihyun.”, Tris said. Kihyun’s heart fluttered. Tris called him ‘her Kihyun’. Was she finally ready to let him back in again?

“But when I go to a concert, or even now, just being here, in this place with you. Moments like this remind me that you are Monsta X’s Kihyun. You are a famous star. I mean, you could go to any country in the world right now, and people will know who you are. Unless they have really bad wifi reception”, Tris said making Kihyun laugh. “It’s just hard to comprehend sometimes, that you are both those guys”, Tris said. “I'm not Tris”, Kihyun said. “What do you mean”, Tris asked. “I mean, whether I am travelling the world or performing for thousands of people every night, I am always just 'your Kihyun'”, he said. Tris smiled and looked down at her feet again. Do not make things awkward Kihyun, he thought.

“Anyway, let’s get on with the tour”, he said. The passed a few doors before reaching another room. “This is the vocalization room, where I sit with my coach for vocal lessons. She doesn’t compare to you off course”, Kihyun said. “Me?”, Tris asked. “Did you forget you were my first vocal coach?”, he asked. “Ahhh, off course, I am the reason those vocals are on point”, Tris said, “Are Starship not hiring? Maybe I could change careers”, Tris said enthusiastically. “I’ll put in a good word for you”, Kihyun said.

~~~~~~~

“Okay this next room is my favourite room”, Kihyun said standing outside the door. “Oh my god, I didn’t know Starship had an indoor chicken restaurant”, Tris said with a shocked face. “You are hilarious”, Kihyun said and Tris giggled. She really was hilarious. He missed her sarcasm and her humour. “This is where the magic happens”, Kihyun said opening the door to the recording studio. “Are you going to pull a rabbit out of a hat?”, Tris asked clapping her hands together. “Hmm, I don’t think the whole vocal coach thing is the way to go”, Kihyun said, “I’ll check if the starship comedy department is hiring”. Tris laughed and hit Kihyun’s arm. Gosh it felt good to make her laugh again.

“Oooh oooh, Can I try?”, Tris asked excitedly. “Yeah, come on”, Kihyun led Tris inside the recording booth. “Let me just lower the mic for you. Hmm this isn’t going to work. That’s as low as it can go shorty”, Kihyun said. “Then how do you ever get any recording done in here?”, Tris said with a smirk. “Hold on”, Kihyun said taking his phone out of his pocket, “Ahh crap, I don’t have that department’s number on my phone. I really want them to see your talent before someone else finds you”, he teased. Tris rolled her eyes, "Maybe you should call the drama department and get yourself an appointment as well", she said. Things were starting to feel normal between them. He could be playful again, Kihyun thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter