Chapter 25 - I'll Be There

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure about this Miss Jang?”, Tris’ manager had asked her a month before her contract was over. “I am Sir”, Tris said. “Well, it is really going to be a shame to lose you, but I wish you everything of the best in your endeavours”, her manager said. Tris was moving back to South Korea after being offered an amazing position. She really did love New York, but it never felt like home. Just one more month and she will be reunited with her family and friends. She could not wait!

~~~~~~~

“Eomma, I said I don’t want a welcome home party. I have only been gone for a year.”, Tris said on the phone to her mother. “My daughter is coming home after a year, what kind of a mother will I be if I don’t throw a party?”, Bora asked. “Fine, but it needs to be really small”, Tris said. “What kind of a daughter takes away the fun of throwing big parties from her mother?”, Bora said. “Your kind of daughter”, Tris said. “Ahh my favourite kind”, Bora said, “Fine, fine, it will be tiny unlike the happiness I have about your homecoming”. “Thank you”, Tris said. “Is there anyone I should add to the list apart from Lala and Ash?”, Bora asked. “Nope that’s great, nice and tiny”, Tris said, “What about the Monsta X boys, you got pretty close to them, I am sure they will want to see you and it would be nice for Kihyun to have them over”, Bora said. “Mother, do you think idols have time to attend homecoming parties of a girl they only met for a few months?”, Tris asked. “Well Kihyun said he’ll be there, so I assume they are all free”, Bora said. “Kihyun’s coming?”, Tris asked. “Yeah he felt so bad about not being here when you left, he has been helping me with all the party planning”, Bora said. “Well then I guess you can go ahead and invite the rest of them”, Tris said. “Great, I’ll speak to you later hun, Soyou and I are going shopping now, love you”, Bora said. “Love you too crazy lady, bye”.

~~~~~~~

The day had finally arrived. Tris was flying back home. She could not have been any more excited. She was too happy to even sleep on the plane ride home. She was bursting with energy. She couldn’t wait to see her parents and just be around them again.

Tris picked up her luggage and headed out to the arrivals waiting area to find Dongwoo and Woohyun holding a sign that said, “Welcome Home Tris, We missed you”. Tris ran up to them and leaped in her dad’s arms. No matter how old she got, it didn’t change the fact that she was always his little girl. She hugged Woohyun who handed her a bouquet of flowers. “Awww these are beautiful, thank you”, Tris said. “They are actually from Kihyun”, Woohyun said, “My son even has good taste in flowers, he really does take after me”, he said proudly.

Tris smiled at that. Woohyun’s greatest achievement was always Kihyun. No matter what he achieved in life, all he cared about were the similarities between father and son. “Well my daughter is beautiful, she really does take after me”, Dongwoo said. “Hey she takes after both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter