Chapter 20 - Incomparable

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~~ 9 MONTHS LATER ~~~~~~~

There was a knock on Tris' door. She was not expecting anyone. She didn't know many people here even though she's ben working for 9 months. It was hard to believe that shes been away from home for so long. Work was amazing but because her contract was just one year, her workload and training schedule were heavily loaded. 

"Ahhhhhh", Tris screamed as she opened the door. "Oh my god", she said bringing her guest in for a hug. "What are you doing here Hyungwon?", Tris said excitedly. "Well i couldn't come all the way to New York and not see you", Hyungwon said. "I cannot believe you are here! Its so great to see a friendly face", Tris said. "Eeeeeh I'm so excited", Tris squealed. "Its been too long Tris, i have missed you", Hyungwon said. "I have missed you too, what are you even doing here?", Tris asked. "Don't tell me you aren't attending Kcon NY Tris, the guys will be very disappointed,  they are all looking forward to seeing you!", Hyungwon said. "Oh gosh, I completely forgot that, that is this week. I tried to get tickets but by the time i got off work, they were sold", Tris said sadly.

Hyungwon reached into his pocket and pulled out a ticket. "VIP backstage pass, I know a guy", Hyungwon said proudly. "This is amazing, thank you!", Tris said, "Why are you not with the guys?". "I wasn't feeling very well when we landed so i went straight to the hotel room and they went to the venue for rehearsals, but then i figured this is my only chance to spend some time with you, so i snuck out", Hyungwon said. "Can you please just rest when you are sick dammit", Tris scolded, "But thank you for coming to see me", she smiled. 

"Soooooo, are you going to wait for me to ask before you say anything?", Tris teased. "Hey, I told you everything didn't I? And whatever i left out, im sure Lala told you", Hyungwon blushed and Tris smiled. "I'm sorry, it's easier chatting to you about this than it is talking in person", he said, "is it awkward for you?". "Not at all. What you and I had was special and I'm glad we had it, but you and Lala, you guys belong together and I couldnt be any more happy", Tris said.

She genuinely was happy when she heard the news. It was a bit strange at first, but Tris' feelings for Hyungwon were not strong enough for her to implement girl code on Lala. How could she when the whole time she was with him, she was still in love with Kihyun. Since Tris moved, she still chatted to Hyungwon. He flirted now and then but after a while it became completely platonic. Wonho had started dating Ash a month after Tris left and he used to drag Hyungwon along when he visited the girls. They had moved into an apartment together and Wonho didn't like making Lala feel like a 3rd wheel. Hyungwon and Lala became friends but eventually it grew into something more.

She used to joke about Tris stealing her away from him but now the tables were tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter