Chapter 18 - Rush

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah Kihyunah, where is your head at?", Minhyuk yelled. Monsta X was practicing the choreography for a new song in their album. Hyungwon looked over at him. Things seemed better between them in the past few days. Kihyun figured since Hyungwon and Tris were now a couple, he did not see him as a threat anymore. He still had not spoken to Hyungwon about Tris. Yesterday, Hyungwon did try to talk to Kihyun about how much he misses Tris, but Kihyun just changed the topic. "Mian, i am just not picking up the choreography well, i will get it", Kihyun said breathing heavily. It had nothing at all to do with the choreography, it had to do with how he left things with Tris during her last visit. He had been a proper jerk to her and they hadn't spoke to her since that day. 

Kihyun felt like the days were just passing him by and he wasn't really aware of them. He woke up, went for his schedule, went to practice, ate, then went to bed. He barely had any free time now that they were in the middle of a comeback. But he didn't even feel tired. He didn't feel anything. He was just numb. He knew what he needed to do to fix this. But he couldn't. He was still not ready to talk to Tris. He had no idea what to say to her after the way he acted. What was going on with them? During the past year, they stopped speaking for large periods of time. Why did everything go wrong? Because of you, he thought. You are the reason everything went wrong. Why did you have to go fall in love with Tris? Why did you have to get jealous of Hyungwon. Why did you have to turn into jackass of the year?

Kihyun thought about the last moment he and Tris had where nothing was bad or weird between them. That day on his bed in the dorm. Why did the members have to come back at that time. After that day he kept thinking what would have happened if they were still alone after he said she was beautiful. Her pink cheeked face cupped in his hands. He could have stayed like that forever. Kihyun knew what would have happened if they were still alone. He would have been selfish. He would have been careless. He would have kissed her....

~~~~~~~

It was Saturday and Kihyun couldn't shake what Tris had asked him. Was she going to see him on Saturday? Why had she asked him that. They had no plans to meet up. Maybe she was coming to see Hyungwon. Kihyun was in the gym training a bit before their schedule for the day when Hyungwon came in. "So have you spoken to Tris recently?", Hyungwon asked Kihyun. "Not really, no, there's just been no time", Kihyun lied, "Is she doing okay?". "I dont even understand why you are here right now but anyway, I guess so, she's a strong girl, even if she isn't okay, she will survive. Still, i worry about her and i miss her alot. I thought not seeing her would help, like i wouldn't miss her as much, but i see now that, that was dumb", Hyungwon laughed. "I miss her too", Kihyun finally said feeling like it might be okay to talk about Tris around Hyungwon again.

"I know things have been weird between you and I recently", Kihyun said with a heavy sigh, "But i just need to say this. No matter how i feel about Tris or how you feel about Tris, i never want that to change the way we are because none of that changes the way i feel about you". There was dead silence and Kihyun screamed. Hyungwon laughed. Kihyun was cringing at the moment they had just shared. "Ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhhhhhhh", Kihyun screamed as he walked around flexing his shoulders.

"Well to prevent us from falling in love and having babies with each other, i am going to keep this short", Hyungwon said. "Nothing will change the way i feel about you either. Also... i never thanked you before and that was wrong of me, especially after i found out how you felt about Tris". Kihyun was confused. "Thanked me for what?", he asked. "You put aside your feelings for her just because i liked her but i acted like a jerk about it when i found out. I don't know why i went so crazy but Tris... She is just...", Hyungwon said. "Perfect", Kihyun completed before realizing what he had done. Luckily Hyungwon just smiled. "She really is, i don't know how you spent your whole life with her and didn't do anything about it.", Hyungwon said. "Yeah, well she deserves someone better than me", Kihyun said, "So i am happy she's with you".

Hyungwon looked at Kihyun oddly. "What do you mean?", he asked. "Just that you are the kind of guy that she deserves, not a jerk like me", Kihyun said. Hyungwon still looked confused. "I dont understand what you are saying, did Tris tell you we are together?, he asked. Now Kihyun was starting to get confused. "Did you guys break up?", he asked. "Kihyunah, Tris and I were never a couple, we just went on a few dates but nothing was ever made official". Kihyun grew beyond confused. "Okay now I don't understand", he said. "If you are not a couple, then what news did she come by to give me the other day?". Hyungwon's face turned into shock.  

"Kihyunah, what exactly did Tris say to you when she was over here?", he asked panicking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter