Chapter 17 - Unfair Love

Love is Friendship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tris rang the doorbell, more nervous than she had ever been. It had been two months since she last saw Kihyun. She had been busy with finals and now she was free. She was going to graduate and she was going to become an engineer. She had barely even seen Hyungwon in those two months also because she was too busy studying to focus on anything else. Hyungwon had come to visit her at the dorm once but they just sat in the car and talked. She still wasn't sure what to do about the Hyungwon and Kihyun situation after she spoke to Ash and Lala, but she was happy that Hyungwon made the effort to see her, unlike Kihyun.

But today, she had come to the dorm for one purpose. She had to tell Kihyun something big and she wasn’t quite sure how to break it to him. Tris was pleased to find him home alone. She was hoping they would have some privacy. She didn’t want to be interrupted by anyone while she told him the news. “Hyungwon’s not here”, Kihyun said more sharply than he intended. “I am actually here to see you, I have something I need to talk to you about, and I wanted you to hear it from me first”, Tris said in a nervous tone.

Kihyun’s heart almost stopped for a moment. This was it, the moment had arrived. He knew it was coming but there was a part of him that hoped it never would. He didn’t even want to hear her say the words. It might kill him, he thought. The girl he was in love with was about to tell him that she’s dating one of his best friends. How was he supposed to react to that? Was he supposed to be happy for them? He was happy for them. Two of his best friends are dating. It should have been great news, but it wasn’t.

~~~~~~~

Kihyun was in no mood to hear about this. Things were still weird between him and Hyungwon ever since he stormed off that day. They were talking but he could feel the gap between them and he hated it. He hated that his feelings for Tris was causing a rift between them since Hyungwon was an important person in his life . Kihyun suddenly remembered something he overheard Hyungwon say that morning. "I have some news of my own, but I am not ready to share it yet, but Hyung will be the first to know when I am", he had heard Hyungwon say to Wonho. He was probably waiting for Tris to break the news first, Kihyun thought.

Kihyun had tried to distance himself from Tris ever since that day Hyungwon found out how he felt. He never mentioned Tris or reacted when the other guys mentioned her. Even though he loved her, he was willing to put it all away, in the hopes that things would go back to normal between him and Hyungwon. He had texted her goodluck during all her final exams, but that was the extent of the way he expressed his care towards her.

~~~~~~~

“You don’t have to say anything”, Kihyun blurted out. “I already know and I’m happy for you, congratulations”. Tris was confused. How could he already know? Did Hyungwon already tell him? She specifically asked him not to say anything to Kihyun. She needed to tell him herself. “How do you know?” Tris asked. “Look Tris, i have a schedule, can we talk about this another time?”. Tris felt the tears swell up in her eyes. She could not believe Kihyun was reacting this way to the news. “I don’t understand, we have to talk about this now, there’s no ‘another time’, are you upset because you found out from someone else and not me? I swear I was going to tell you, I didn’t think you would react this way. I thought you would be happy for me”. Tris said as a tear rolled down her face.

Kihyun wanted more than anything to wipe those tears away from Tris’ face. But that wasn’t his job anymore, it was Hyungwon’s. She belong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter