Chapter 4

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chirp. Chirp.

I woke up to the sound of birds outside the window.

Sigh.

A new day again.

A day without her. I rolled and a book fell from my bed. I looked at my clock on the bedside table when I noticed something different. The picture is gone.

“Where is it?”

I sat up from the bed and that was when I noticed that our room was rearranged. It looked exactly like how it was four years ago, before I met Seulgi.

Oh, that’s right! I instructed the maids to clean my room yesterday. That explains it. They must have arranged it accidentally to how it was years ago. I can ask them where they placed our picture.

I got up from my bed and went inside the shower. I looked at myself in the mirror when I noticed something odd. The polaroids are gone.

The polaroids that you love so much.

"Where are they? Don’t tell me the maids threw them? I’ll have to lecture them later."  

Shrugging off that thought, I proceeded to do my usual routines in the morning. I went down the garage and noticed that Seulgi's car was missing. What the hell? Where is her car? I just used it yesterday.

Hmm...maybe it was sent to the shop or something. I'll just use mine.

 

*************************************************************************************************

 

On the way to the office, I’m constantly having this feeling that something weird is going on. I can’t shake off the feeling that something is wrong.

While I was parking my car on the parking lot, I noticed that a part of the building looks different. Didn’t we renovate this part of the building?

That’s odd.

When I entered the main door, people were as usual greeting me.

“Good morning ma’am.”

And as usual, I ignored them, but one statement stopped me in my tracks.

“Good morning Ms. Bae.”

Ms. Bae. Ms. Bae?!

I turned to look at the employee and saw that she was gone. I know Seulgi is dead but no one has called me that ever since I married her, everyone knew how proud I was of her that I insisted to use her family name, even after her death. Composing myself, I went to the CEO’s office, my office, only to see my father’s secretary outside. Former secretary.

What is she doing here?

“Ms. Bae? Do you have business with Mr. Bae? Your father is still in a meeting but I can call him.”

My eyebrows scrunched. “What are you talking about? This is my off—“

“Joohyun unnie! There you are!”

I turned my head to the source of the voice.

“Wendy?!”

“Why are you shouting?”, she replied with her eyebrows scrunched.

“S-since when did you come back here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Canada?”

Wendy is my cousin and childhood friend. We grew up together and that ended up with us being best friends. Her family owns RV Entertainment, one that she is bound to inherit. I didn’t see her for a long time already. She stayed in Canada to further her studies and prepare to take over her family's agency. The last time I saw her was during Seulgi’s burial.

“I just came back yesterday. I finally finished all the paperworks. I was supposed to surprise you but you weren’t in your office. What are you doing in your father’s office anyway?”

“My father’s?”

“Yeah, unnie. This is like, the CEO’s office”, she said while pointing to the nameplate above the door.

“B-but I’m the CEO.”

She chuckled. “Impatient huh? Don’t worry, you’ll be one after a few years.”

What is she talking about?

“Oh, yeah. I’m also here to introduce to you the model from our agency who’ll be endorsing your new product.”

“New pro-duct?”

She raised one of her eyebrows. “Unnie, you told me to pick a model for your new product’s launching remember?”

“I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter