Introduction Chapter - Nam Ruiho & Yoo Dongyun

☾ Moon Spell ;story starting!
intro
intro



   

Nam Ruiho, Yoo Dongyun
 
 
 
Ruiho was out running as he past Jun's and Hojung's houses just seeting Jun outside just waving his hands at the frozen lake. He shook his head as he stopped to stretched just watching the other. He shook his head as he went on just finishing his run as he made back to his parents house just entering the door as his could hear his mom cooking. He walked down the hall just grabbing some clothes and took a shower. He came out just drying his hair as he walked into the ktichen. "Hi." He said as he sat down at the bar. 
 
"Eat up. You and your dad are going to shovel snow today." Sheh said as she down some food infront of him. 

"Where? I did the drive way before I went on my run." He said as he picked up a pair of chopsticks. 

"I told Yeojin that you would shovel her driveway. Her and her husband have an event today in Busan and their daughter runs the shop now and I am not making rice cake shovel the snow when she can trip over her own feet just getting the mail." His mother said as he nodded. 

"Okay." He responded as his parents lived next door to Kyulkyu's parents. They would always help out when their family needed that is how hismelf and Kyulkyu became friends. He finished eatting as he grabbed a coat and sneakers. He went outside just grabbing the shovel as he walked down the road to Kyulkyu's house as they only people home were her grandparents as she could see her grandmother on the porch knitting. "Hi Jeon-halmeoni!" Ruiho said as she looked up just waving. He leaned on the shovel as he got half of it done just getting the rest down as he stoof infront of the front of the porch as Kyulkyu's grandma came outside using her cane. 

"Thank you, Ruiho. Here drink this and take it down to the cafe then tell my little marshmellow to give you some rice cakes." She said as she handed him a thermos of hot chocolate as he nodded. "You leave this here and go on now." She said as she watched Ruiho walk off. 

Ruiho walked down the street just sipping on the hot chocolate as he could see the cafe in the distance. He pushed open the door as he could see Kyulkyu carrying sheets of rice cake out of the oven as she carried them in the front just replacing empty trays. "Your grandma said that I get some free cakes for shoveling the drive way for her." He said 

"Yeah, I know. She called." Kyulkyu picked up a tray. "Go sit down and I'll bring you some." Kyulkyu said as she back to the back as she put the tray down just walking back to the front as she grabbing a plate just grabbing some tongs and placing some rice cakes on it as she carried it out to him. "Here you go." She said as she set it down returning to the back of the shop. 

Ruiho sighed as he munched on his rice cakes as he stood up just walking to the counter. "Do you want some help?" He asked as she shook her head. 

"No, I am fine. Thanks for asking though." She said as she carried another sheet. "My dad should be back in a couple hours. He just has to help my mom carry all the stuff. It is for a wedding." Kyulkyu said as she looked at him. "Thanks again for shoveling the snow. My grandpa was going to try to do it and your mom was over for tea then she said her son would do it." She said as she started to clean the counter. 

"No problem, I got free food." He said as he looked at her

"Do you want some more?" She asked as he shook his head. 

"No thanks." Ruiho said as he handed her his plate. 

Kyulkyu held out a box to him. "I need a favor then. Can you talk these down to Yunmi's flower shop. I can't leave the shop and I won't let you watch it." She said as he nodded. "I will give you some more rice cakes." She said 

"The pastry creme filled ones." Ruiho said 

"Sure, why not." Kyulkyu said as she looked at him. 

"I'll be back then." He said as he walked off. He walked out of the shop just going down the street. It took him about five minutes to get Yunmi's shop as he entered. "Hello, I have an order from the rice cake shop. Kyulkyu couldn't leave the shop." Ruiho said as he looked around  He had to wait about five minutes before Dongyun walked up. 

"Hello." Dongyun said as he was looking after the shop today as Yunmi was in the city as she had got a job for wedding. He walked around the counter as he took the box from Ruiho. "We didn't order anything." He said 

"Oh well Kyulkyu said they were your sisters." Ruiho said as he looked at him. He watched Dongyun opened the card as he nodded. 

"It is a gift. I put it up for her." He said 

"If you want you can come back to the cafe with me, Kyulkyu is going to give me some free rice cakes. I could get some for you too." He said as Dongyun shook his head. 

"My sister would kil me if I left the shop unatteneded." Dongyun said 

"It would be unattened if you closed it up." Ruiho said 

"I don't have the keys." Dongyun said "Maybe next time." He said as Ruiho nodded. 

"Okay, see you later." He said as he walked out back to the cafe. 

•••

Jun finally marched over to Hojung's just as he had been trying all morning to unfreeze the lake and turn it back into water. He knocked on her door as he stood there in the cold. He waited as she finally opened the door. He just looked at her as he grabbed her arm as she quickly grabbed her jacket and shoes. He pulled her to the lake as he it pointed at it. "I did this! What were going to tell me yesterday?" He asked as she blinked at him. 

"Well I was going to say that uhm you are a witch and I accidently did this to all of us. You have the power of cyrokinesis." Hojung said as she looked around. "Has anyone esle seen you?" She asked 

"Maybe Ruiho. He was running." He said as Hojung shook her head. "But i haven't been able to do it again though." He said as he looked at her. 

"What are you guys even doing?" Ruiho asked as he was walking back home and noticed them outside. He walked just standing next to Jun. "I saw you earlier standing out here touching the pond and stuff." He said as he looked at them. 

"Well that is becasue I froze it and I was trying to un freeze it." Jun said as he watched Ruiho walk up to the lake.

"You can't freeze the lake." He said as he placed his hand on the ground as it the lake turned back to water and steam came up from it. "Did I do that?" He asked as he looked at them. 

"Hey, you can try now Jun." Hojung said 

"You are just going to ingore the fact that I made the lake turn into steam?" Ruiho asked as he looked at them. 

"Yeah, Hojung. You have a lot of explaining to do." Jun said as he looked at her. 

"I know, I am sorry." She said as she looked at them. "So you know the ritual that we did in highschool? Well I did it again on the night of blood moon and it turned us into witches with real powers. I guess you have prokinesis or something." Hojung said as she looked at Ruiho. "I have already talked to the others well just Wootak and Younghee. Kyulkyu thought I was totally kidding. I haven't talking to Dongyun or Yeseul yet." She said 

"You did what?" Ruiho asked as a bush near them erupted into flames. 

"Oh my gosh. Throw snow on it." Hojung said as she scoupped some up just helping the other two put the bush out. She sighed as she looked at them. "See." She added as the glared at her. 

"I know, I know. This is totally crazy but it is true." She said as she looked at them. "Oh and we have to protect everyone from the forces of evil like demonds and stuff." She added 

"What?!" Jun said as he looked at her. "Demons? Those are not real, okay? Stop scaring me!" Jun said 

"You're grown man, the word demon shouldn't scare you." Ruiho looked at Jun. 

"Well it does!" Jun told him as he looked at him. He sighed as he looked at Hojung. "Like we just have to protect others and they won't come after us?" He asked 

"Both." Hojung said as Jun looked like he was going to puke. 

"Oh my gosh, i am freaking out! You turned me into a witch, I have to fight demons, and they going to come after me." Jun said as he started walking around. 

"At least there is eight of us." Hojung said 

"Yeah that is so much better!" Jun snapped as he rubbed his cheeks. 

"Jun, calm down." Ruiho said "You're going to give yourself a panic attack." He rolled his eyes, "well you are probably a in state of panic half the time anyway." 

"I am not just demons and stuff is scary!" Jun said as he looked at them. "So uhm has any come to like attack you or us?" He asked 

"No. They haven't." Hojung told them "We have just been pratciing our powers." She said 

"Us?" Ruiho asked 

"Yeah. Younghee, Wootak, and me." Hojung said "Like I said Kyulkyu doesn't believe me and I haven't talked to Dongyun or Yeseul yet." Hojung said to them. 

"Dongyun is at his sister's shop if you want to go talk to him." Ruiho said as he crossed his arms. 

"Well I am going home where it is safe and play video games." Jun said as he marched off. 

"We are practicing our powers tonight by the barn!" Hojung yelled at. "We said that we would each bring something." She added 

"Great, i bring sanity! No really, i bring some cookies." Jun said 

"Are you coming or what? You have to go talk to Dongyun. He has the right to know." Ruiho said as he started down the lawn to the street as Hojung followed him. 

"OKay, okay. You're right. Let me go tell my grandma." Hojung said as she ran to her house just grabbing her bag. "Granny, i am going out." Hojung said as she closed the door just hearing foot steps. 

"Where? I need some groceries. I am hosting the next game day and I need some things." Granny Shin said as she saw Ruiho kicking some snow. "Oh. A boy." She poked Hojung. 

"It is just Ruiho. I get your stuff." Hojung said as she walked off with Ruiho. She stuffed her grandmas grocery list in her pocket as she headed to the flower shop with Ruiho. 

•••

Yunmi looked at her brother as she brought in her things from the event as she closed the back door. She sighed as she walked to the front to see Dongyun dozing off at the counter. She walked up behind him as she walked around the counter as she knocked on the counter. "Hey, you can't sleep on the job!" She said as she looked at a jumpping Dongyun. 

"Don't do that Yunmi! Come on." Dongyun glared at her as she rolled her eyes. 

"Chill out." Yunmi said as she walked off. 'God, he can't take a joke - dummy.' She thought as Dongyun glared at her. 

"I heard that!" Dongyun said as he threw a packet of seed at her 

"Huh? But i thought that." Yunmi said as Dongyun threw this apron at her. She watched as he grabbed his keys and phone as he hurried out. "Weirdo." She thought as the door slammed. 

Dongyun almost ran into Hojung and Ruiho. "Sorry." He looked up to see who he almost ran over. 

"Geez, jumpy much." Hojung thought as she looked at him. "it is okay. We were just coming to talk to you." Hojung said as she looked at him. 

"I am not jumpy!" Dongyun glared at her as she tilted her head to the side. "You didn't say out loud did you?" He asked as she shook her head no. "Oh my gosh, what is happening to me." Dongyun said as he pulled away from the shop where they could talk privately. 

"Hojung can tell you all about it. She did it." Ruiho said as Hojung sighed. 

"So uhm, i did a ritual on the blood moon then it turned us into witches. You are a telepath now." Hojung said 

"Us?" Dongyun asked as he looked at her

"Yeah, Ruiho,Jun, Younghee, Wootak, Kyulkyu, Yeseul, and myself. Well and you." Hojung said 

"You guys are telepaths too?" He asked as he looked at them. 

"No, I can manipulate fire." Ruiho nodded. 

"And I can freeze stuff." Hojung said as she looked at him. 

"What the hell? I can only read minds. How fair is that?" Dongyun said 

"Hey at least you aren't like Wootak. He is an empath so he feels everyone's emotions. He had hard day yesterday." Hojung said "He cried like five times." She nodded 

"How does that make me feel better? I can read eveyrone's mind and hear that I shouldn't. My sister probably thinks I have gone nuts." Dongyun said to her 

"She forgot to mention the countles evil things coming to kill us." Ruiho said as he looked at him. "Demons, and ." He nodded 

"Great. Just great." Dongyun sighed as he looked at them. "So is everyone on board for this show?" He looked at Hojung. 

"I hadn't talked to Yeseul yet and Kyulkyu didn't believe me. Though, I am pretty sure that she would tell me no. Everyone else seems okay to the idea well Jun is on the fence." Hojung said as she looked at him. "We are practicing our powers tonight if you want to come." She said "You can bring some drinks." She added 

"Okay, I'll come." Dongyun looked at them as he sighed. 

"Awesome, see you guys later." Hojung said as she pulled out the grocery list that her granny had given her earlier. "She always leaves stuff to the last minute when it is cold outside." She grumbled as she started for the grocery store. 
 
 
 

Author's Note - Hi guys, i figure since I had some time that I would go around and write Dongyun's and Ruiho's intro chapter. I hope you guys like it!