Chapter Eighteen:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minho comes into my room through my window. "Wh-what do you want?" I stutter. I only have had the boys in my family and Kyung in my room, but whenever Kyung is in here I leave the door open. No one knows that's Minho is in here, so I can't leave the door open because then he'll get in trouble and I don't want that.

"I want to see how you're doing after what happened in lunch," he says.

I take a step away from him. "I'm fine, just a little shaken up about it. I just need to realize that Bada will never be my friend again," I say.

"I'm sorry she's being so mean to you," he says.

"It's okay, I'll be fine." I smile at him. I feel my heartache as I let my words sink in, I'll never have my best friend ever again. I feel my smile quiver for a moment.

Minho's hand lands on my head as he smiles at me. "You're acting so strong, but your actions are completely different. If you are so fine with it then why is it every time you mention her name or even think about her your eyes always look sad and like you're about to cry?" He wonders.

I stare at him. He's right. I'll never be okay with Bada leaving me behind because of the actions of my brother.

I exhale, shut my eyes as tears start to make their way down my face. "I feel so alone," I mumble. Minho's arms snake their way around me.

"You're not alone... I'm here for you and always will be," Minho says.

"That's what everyone says. That's a big promise that you shouldn't make," I sob.

"Jia-"

"That's the same promise Bada made, now look how we ended up. She left me because of my brother and you probably will too."

His hand pats my back and tightens the hug. "I'm not like her. Your brothers can never scare me away from you." I feel some more weight on my head, I'm going to assume it's from him resting his head on mine.

"Minho," I sob. I continue to sob and repeat his name. He hushes me as I cry. I hug him back and wish that I could stop crying. I wish that this whole Bada situation would stop. I want it back to the way it was before, I don't want her to hate me anymore. I want my friend back. I want Bada back.

I stop crying after a while, I want to let go of Minho but I don't. I can't and something in me doesn't want to.

"Jia," Minho hums.

"Yes?"

"I should go home it's nine."

He's been here for an hour already.

I hum in agreement, I let go of him and wipe my face. "Sorry about what happened," I mumble. My face heats up from embarrassment of having Minho see me cry.

"It's okay Jia. See you tomorrow at school." He waves to me as he goes towards the window.

"See you at school," I say, waving to him. I turn around, go to the comfort of my bed and hear him leaving.

I'm so happy he stopped by. I sit down on my bed. My heart is pounding like it is trying to break out of my chest. What's happening to me? Why is this happening?

My phone begins to vibrate aggressively on my bed side table, I check it and pick it up. "Hello," I greet.

"Hey Jia," Kyung greets. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. What's up?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you're doing anything this weekend."

"I don't think so. Why?"

"I w

Please log in to read the full chapter