Chapter Twelve:

Underground Rapper
Please log in to read the full chapter

For the past month, I have been making and giving Minho his lunches, Bada has been asking me a lot of random question about Ji-seok - I don't understand why she needs to know so many things about him - and Kyung has been hanging around me a lot more than usual.

I take my seat for class, like I always do in the morning. Bada walks into the classroom and goes straight to her desk. She doesn't come over to me, like she does every morning. I take it upon myself to actually go over to her. I go to tap her shoulder, but the moment I move to tap it, she gets up and goes over someone else. What did I do?

I follow her and tap her shoulder. She whirls around and across her arms over her chest. "What do you want?" She snaps at me, which cause me to jump a little.

"Is everything alright?" I ask.

"It will be if you leave me alone," she says.

I stare down at the floor. "I'm sorry if I did something to upset you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

She scoffs at my words. "Yeah, sure." Bada rolls her dark brown eyes at me.

"Have a good day." I bow before returning to my seat.

I stare at my things trying to figure out what I have done to make her angry at me. Is it because I don't talk to her enough. That must be it, I would be angry if my best friend didn't talk to me often. Should I start texting her more often? Or should I let her cool off?

"Jia." Someone shakes me out of my thoughts.

I glance up and see Minho standing next to me. "Hey Minho." I reach into my bag and grab his lunch. "Here you go."

"Thank you. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine," I lie, as I begin to fiddle with my hair.

"Are you sure?"

I nod my head and he just looks at me. "I promise." I smile. I bet the smile looks weak and forced, like it is.

"I'm going to believe you, but if something is wrong, please tell me." I nod and he walks back to his seat. The teacher comes in and the class begins.

***
I catch up with Bada on her way to the cafeteria. "Are you upset with me because I haven't been talking to you a lot lately?" I ask her.

I watch as she rolls her eyes. Bada turns slightly to stare at me. "That's not it," she says through grit teeth.

"What is it?" I ask. "Maybe I can fix it."

She stops in the middle of the hallway, which makes me stop. "Jia, just leave me alone." She stomps away from me. I watch as she walk away from me, her body becoming smaller the farther she gets.

What did I do?

"Jia," a voice says. I jump a little and look to see who it is. "Are you sure everything is alright?" Minho asks, concern apparent in his dark eyes.

I take my bottom lip in between my teeth. "Yeah, everything is fine," I tell Minho. "Let's go to lunch." We walk into the lunchroom and to an empty table.

***
For the past few days, Bada hasn't answer any of the texts I've sent her or talked to me. I don't know what I did to make her angry, but all I want

Please log in to read the full chapter