Receipt

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

“We’re never doing that again.”


“Agreed.”


Jongin felt a little scarred after coming out of the strip club, and judging by Chaeyeon’s face, he wasn’t the only one. But there was a crisp, white envelope in her hand, and they tear it open, reading it in the little light from the streetlamp.


Chaeyeon,
Did you enjoy the strip club? I sure did when I went.
But I’m not here either. New York was the place that I truly found that it was okay to be myself. And now, I can say I’m a little happier for it. This is where I’m going to tell you that you don’t have to find me anymore. I’m not the unhappy and desperate person I was when I left Seoul.
But in case if you do, the next clue is in the envelope.
With love,
Junghee


He dug into the envelope, fingers capturing a photograph that he pulled out. He frowned, recognizing it immediately. “That’s the Tian Tan Buddha in Hong Kong.”


“I thought you were Christian.”


“I am, but we visited in Hong Kong anyway.”


 “So that’s the next place,” she murmured to herself before checking the time and tugging him into a warm hug, deeply contrasted with the frigid air of winter in New York City. “Happy birthday, Jongin.”


“Wow, you didn’t bring my present with us?” He joked, grinning a little wider when she pinched his side, and he wrapped his arms a little tighter around her.


“I am your pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter