Chapter 6

Monster Hunter

A/N: So sorry for taking an actual damn MONTH to update. School has been making me crazy and we barely halfway through the semester. I'm dying lol

(also go watch taemin's "move" that lit! lol)


“You.”

Hoseok looked up from his seat in the waiting room. They had rushed Taehyung home and yelled for Seokjin, who upon seeing Taehyung’s state sped them all to a clinic. It was a monster hunting clinic, the doctors there were specialists Jungkook reassured.

Jimin didn't stop crying the whole time and Seokjin had to ask the nurse to give him a slight sedative. Now the boy lay slumped in the chair beside Hoseok, his head on Jungkook’s shoulder.

Yoongi and Namjoon had made it to the clinic in the mustang and were now standing across from them.

Yoongi had glared at Hoseok with such venom. It had shocked him.

Now he had called him out.

Hoseok raised his eyebrows. “Me?”

“I told you to leave.”

“I was going to.” Hoseok replied calmly.

“Then why are you still here?” Yoongi sneered. “Haven’t you done enough?”

“Hyung.” Namjoon spoke up looking between him and Hoseok. “Now’s not the time.”

Yoongi ignored him. “You know how Taehyung felt, so you just used it to make an excuse to stay. You killed him.”

Jimin rushed to his feet before Hoseok could and got in front of Yoongi.

“He's not dead!”

Yoongi taken aback by Jimin’s emotion looked away.

Namjoon reached out and hugged Jimin.

“Of course he's not. He's strong.” He cooed as he pet the short boy's hair. He glared at Yoongi. “Enough hyung. Hoseok isn’t going anywhere right now.”

Yoongi snorted and crossed his arms.

Hoseok felt his heart twist. Yoongi had been the one person he had wanted to cry with and hold onto for comfort. But instead he was acting like he hated him. His words were cold. His eyes were as hard as flint.

“Seokjin.” Jungkook announced and stood up as the oldest came through the doors with a grim expression.

“He's going to be fine. Lost a lot of blood, but they did a transfusion. He's going to need a lot of bed rest.”

“Did he get bit?” Namjoon asked.

They all seemed to hold their breaths in dread.

Seokjin nodded.

Jimin let out a cry and the room fell into despair.

Yoongi leaped at Hoseok, he grabbed him by the collar and shook him violently. Namjoon intercepted quickly and grabbed Yoongi's arm as he raised it to strike Hoseok.

The world went muffled for a bit. All Hoseok could see was Yoongi's eyes, wet with tears.

He couldn't hear Jimin’s wailing or Seokjin’s shouting. All he heard was the silence of Yoongi's gaze. Anger, confusion, hurt, sadness. It all jumbled together in his dark eyes and pierced him loudly.

Yoongi then put his arm down and walked away. He walked right out of the hospital without a look back.

Namjoon cast Hoseok a glance but didn't apologize for Yoongi.

Maybe he thought Hoseok deserved to get shaken up.

I do deserve it. Hoseok realized. This is all my fault.

He never wanted to hurt Yoongi nor Taehyung and yet, he had done just that.


 “Taehyung was Yoongi's first rookie.” Namjoon spoke as he and Hoseok sat in the waiting room. Jimin and Jungkook were inside the hospital room Taehyung had been moved to and Seokjin had left to pick up Yoongi, who he said was probably walking home, and go grab clothes for Taehyung. Despite his new diagnosis , he was allowed to go home after an overnight stay. Seokjin said there was no better cure than bed rest.

Bed rest isn't going to make up for me ruining his life , Hoseok thought grimly.

“That's why he reacted so strongly.” Namjoon continued.

Hoseok blinked. That was not why he reacted so strongly, he wanted to say. That was only half.

“Yeah I understand.” Hoseok replied. He stood up to walk to the water cooler across from them when Namjoon grabbed his wrist.

Hoseok turned.

Namjoon stared up at him. “You're going to have to choose.”

He knew?

He knew about the three of them?!

Of course he did. He was the leader after all.

Everyone seemed to know Taehyung liked Hoseok so, why not about Yoongi? Choose now though?

No please, Hoseok wanted to beg. He couldn't do it now. Not while Taehyung was injured and Yoongi was angry.

How could he choose between the two when he needed to make it up to the both of them?

“It's a hard decision, but I want to know if you're in this for the long haul.”

“In what?” In a relationship?

Namjoon reflected his confused glance. “I'm talking about you staying or leaving.”

“Oh…” Hoseok smiled weakly. “Can I think about it?”

“Sure. Just tell me tomorrow. You had a long day already.” Namjoon nodded.

“Thanks.” Hoseok went over to the cooler and filled up a cup. He began to take a sip when Namjoon said, “Make a decision about them too. I've seen the way they look at you, I'm not blind.”

Hoseok nearly choked, he swallowed hard and turned back to see Namjoon smiling.

“I am the leader after all.”


 Taehyung went home the next morning. Hoseok awoke and shuffled toward the bathroom passing Jimin and Taehyung’s open door. There was Taehyung laying in bed, his eyes closed. He looked pale and sickly. Hoseok wondered if that was the effects of the bite.

“How is he?” He whispered to Jimin who sat across his bed with a manga.  

“I'm okay.” Taehyung rasped.

Hoseok looked down at the boy's barely open eyes. Taehyung offered a boxy grin and Hoseok felt tears blur his eyes. He wiped them away.

“Don't cry.” Taehyung reached out for Hoseok.

Hoseok walked over and held his hand.

“I'm so sorry.”

“It was me, hyung.” Taehyung shook his head. “I pushed us.”

“And I accepted it.” Hoseok countered. “If I had refused to do it, you would have listened. Wouldn't you?”

Taehyung looked up at him with wide eyes, suddenly looking younger than he was. A child in need of an adult. A Taehyung in need of a Hoseok.

“I would do anything for you, hyung.”

The words hurt Hoseok. The momentous realization of just how much Taehyung liked him-- loved him? --stinging him like the slash of a werewolf’s claw.

He swallowed, not meeting his eye, before replying. “I know...and now... I’ve ruined your life.”

Taehyung shook his head again. “Hyung it was an accident, it's really not your fault.”

But Hoseok didn’t believe him. No one did.

“Get some rest.” Hoseok smiled sadly, giving the boy's hair a ruffle before leaving.

He met Seokjin in the hall talking to Yoongi by his doorway. Yoongi glared at him and shut his door, Seokjin managed a smile, despite Yoongi's rude action.

“How are you Hoseok?”

“Can you tell Namjoon I'm ready to decide?”

“Of course.”

“And also,” Hoseok called just as Seokjin began to walk away. The man raised an eyebrow. “I want to be Taehyung’s personal nurse. Whatever he needs I want to be the one to give it to him. He wouldn't be like this if it hadn't been for me and I'll spend a lifetime making it up to him.”

Understanding flooded into Seokjin’s eyes and he nodded before leaving. Hoseok watched him go and turned to look at Yoongi poking his head out.

“You're going to stay?”

“What makes you say that?” Hoseok asked curtly.

Yoongi's tone was surprisingly free of malice, but Hoseok kept on his toes.

“You said you were going to be Taehyung’s personal nurse.”

“Why are you eavesdropping?”

“You speak loud.” Yoongi shrugged.

Hoseok straightened his shoulders. “I don't have to tell you anything.”

He turned heel and began walking to his room. The triumph he felt at having the last word was overshadowed by the feeling of Yoongi's eyes burning his back all the way to his room.


Namjoon knocked on his door later that evening. Hoseok opened the door and motioned him in.

“Seokjin said you made a decision?”

“Yeah.”

Namjoon stared at him, expectant.

Hoseok breathed in and then out. He met Namjoon’s eyes, hoping he looked as serious as he felt. “I’m staying.”

His gaze must have worked because Namjoon did not ask again and merely smiled, small dimples forming in his cheeks.

“Welcome.”


Seokjin let Hoseok keep his word about taking care of Taehyung and would wake him up every day to get Taehyung’s bandages changed, breakfast served, clothes changed etc. Hoseok did everything he could, even bathing Taehyung, much to Taehyung’s embarrassment.

“Hyung you’re wonderful.” Taehyung smiled as Hoseok came in the room to collect dirty breakfast dishes after a week of caring for him.

Hoseok smiled. “It’s nothing.”

“It was everything, really.” Taehyung sat up from bed and placed his feet on the floor. “Doctor says I can go back to hunting.”

“Really?”

Taehyung nodded. “I should be good to go. He said that because of the werewolf bite I might have fast healing abilities. Look.”

He lifted his shirt to show some slight red marks that formed circular lines. Hoseok remembered how ugly the wound had looked before. Red, purple, green bruising along the marks. The indents of teeth so deep, they oozed pus.

He was astonished at how quickly Taehyung had recovered. He supposed this was one of the few good things about becoming a werewolf.

The younger man put his shirt down and grabbed the tray of dishes in Hoseok’s hands. Their hands met and Hoseok almost flinched. Taehyung’s hands had become much warmer than before. Hot , even. Was that another side effect?

“You don’t have to--”

Taehyung smiled and walked out of the room. Hoseok followed, protesting.

“You’ve done enough for me hyung.” Taehyung turned. Hoseok noticed for the first time how tall the boy was a little taller than him. Somehow, he has always been under the impression that Taehyung was smaller, younger, and naive.

He was still younger...but now…

Something was very different. Something radiated off of him. Taehyung grew closer and smirked. Hoseok felt himself fluster as Taehyung’s mouth grew closer to his own.

“Thank you.” Taehyung whispered and kissed him.

He then quickly pulled away and walked off as if nothing had happened. Hoseok stood there frozen. What had just happened?!

The kiss wasn’t the kind he had gotten from Taehyung before, there was something more sultry about it. He placed his hands on his cheeks, confirming that he was indeed hot.

Could he.. .like Taehyung more now?


“So you’ve made your decision huh?”

Hoseok jumped and placed the book in his hands to his chest as Yoongi appeared. They were in the study.

Now that Hoseok was here to stay, he had to study everything about monster hunting. He also liked the atmosphere the study room provided, so he was always in there when he wasn’t training with Taehyung and Jimin.

“I made it a week ago.” he replied, setting the book down on a desk.

Yoongi reached for the book and held it up close. With a smirk he shook the book at him. “Guess you did.”

The book in his hand was about werewolves, Hoseok had been studying a lot about them recently, figuring it would help Taehyung.

Then it hit him.

“We aren’t talking about my decision to stay here, are we?”

Yoongi’s smirk faded and he returned to his ever bitter frown. “Isn’t this the reason you’re staying?”

He held up the book again.

“Yeah.”

Yoongi tossed the book back on the desk. “You really couldn’t stop yourself huh? I told you to leave, so you choose someone who made you stay.”

Hoseok opened his mouth to protest that it was never his intention to stay because of Taehyung. The only reason he would stay was because he wanted to stay.

And because of…

Yoongi…

“Think whatever you want.” Hoseok retorted taking a seat on the desk and flipping the book open.

He began to read when he felt a cool hand on his neck, fingers sliding up to his cheek. He felt himself shiver and heat up where he was touched.

He glanced at Yoongi, the man was beside him, a hand on his face.

“Hoseok.”

The tone was low and deep. Yoongi’s dark eyes held his and with a of his bottom lip, Hoseok grabbed the hand and pulled him close.

Yoongi straddled him on the chair as they kissed madly. Hoseok had never expected for this to happen. But somehow, when it came to Yoongi, it always ended up happening.

He had missed Yoongi.

His irritated stares and his dry words.

But more importantly. His eyes and mouth and his skin...

“You’re staying.” Yoongi breathed when they parted.

“Yeah.” Hoseok breathed back. His hands found their way to Yoongi’s hips and he decided this was his new favorite place.

Yoongi’s expression fell. “But you’re staying because of Taehyung.”

“I’m staying for Taehyung.” Hoseok corrected. “It’s my fault he got bitten. When you were yelling at me in the hospital, you were right.”

“I was angry because I felt betrayed that you had gone behind my back with Taehyung and chosen to stay anyways.”

“But I did do that.”

“Yeah…” Yoongi his lips, absentmindedly before speaking. “But I still want you.”

Hoseok eyed the pink lips shiny with saliva and the pale pink hue in his cheeks. “I still want you too.”

“Taehyung?”

Hoseok shook his head.

“Yoongi don’t you see?”He pulled the man closer and nestled in his chest. “It’s always been you .”

Yoongi grabbed at Hoseok’s hair pulling it back, exposing his neck to kiss and at it. He then kissed him, hard. His tongue and teeth colliding with Hoseok’s own. Hoseok grabbed on tightly as he felt Yoongi begin to roll his hips onto Hoseok’s.

The friction was unbearable. His body felt hot and heavy, like he couldn’t sustain himself and the chair was the only thing keeping him upright. He kissed at Yoongi’s neck leaving marks that trailed down to his collarbone. He felt cool hands run up his shirt and smooth out the planes of his torso. Electricity coursed through him.

“H-Hoseok.” His name escaped from Yoongi’s swollen lips.

“Yeah?”

“I...I want…”

Hoseok’s eyes widened. Oh.

The man then moved his hands to Yoongi’s . He gave it a experimental squeeze, surprised when Yoongi let out a small pleased noise.

Oh.

“Please.”

Hoseok’s whole body ached at the sound of that. He ached for Yoongi. He nodded and pulled him in for another searing kiss to--

And then the door swung open.

And then Hoseok, one hand on Yoongi’s neck and another on his , turned to meet Jimin. But that wasn’t what had him so shocked.

Standing beside Jimin was Taehyung.

“.” Yoongi muttered under his breath.

was absolutely right . Hoseok thought.