Meet the Siblings Part 2

Royal Ice

 

 

Yoona looked nervously at Seohyun hoping the younger girl could somehow pass some of her athletic prowess to her helpless girlfriend.

 

Jessica, being the attentive one in the family, saw it, nudged Yuri and whispered, “Yul, I don’t think Yoona knows how to play.”

 

Yuri raised her brow and looked at Yoona then back at Jessica, “Perfect!”

 

Upon hearing that, Taeyeon looked at her sister, and smirked. She knew what Yuri was thinking and decided to go with whatever the younger girl decides to do.

 

---------

 

YoonYulSic Huddle

 

“Okay Yoona, since we all know that Seohyun is great at this game, I’m going to assume that you know how to play, too, right?” Yuri asked the youngest of the three.

 

“Actually, I-” She was about to tell Seohyun’s sister that she had never played a single game in her life but Yuri didn’t let her finish.

 

“Great!” She looked behind her to check if the other team was anywhere near them. Seeing that Taeyeon’s team was on the other side of the court, she turned back to her team and said, “Okay, here’s what we’re going to do. Sica unnie, since you’re the smallest and most probably the fastest, you be the point guard,” Sica nods, Yuri turns to Yoona, “You’re the tallest, so you be the center. Just do what you have to do. Rebound, block, do anything to prevent them from shooting but don’t foul. Sica and I are pretty good shooters so set up a screen and pass the ball to us when possible.” 

 

Yoona’s mind was running in circles. What the hell is she talking about? What’s a screen?! Damn, I should’ve listened to Hyunnie when she tried to teach me this g-

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by Yuri’s voice, “Oh and our defense will be a full court press, but once they enter their court, we switch to man-to-man, okay?” Jessica nods, while Yoona just stares at her.

 

“What? Something on my face? Or... oh! Do you have a better play? Maybe we can run that!” Yuri excitedly says.

 

“Oh, um no, I think... your... um... play is uh... better.” She wasn’t really sure if what she’s saying was making any sense. Full court what?? 

 

“Great! Let’s go!”

 

-------

 

TaeNyHyun Huddle

 

“Do I even have to say anything?” Taeyeon asks while she raises a brow. They’ve played this game with and against one another so they pretty much know how the others play.

 

“Unnie,” Seohyun begins, “I don’t think Yoona will be able to play,” she tries to get her girlfriend out of playing because she knows how horrible Yoona is when it comes to sports, but at the same time, she doesn’t want her unnies to know that fact because for sure they’ll tease Yoona more.

 

“Why, is she sick?” Tiffany asks her youngest sister.

 

“Um, no... but uh, don’t you think it’s too early to play basketball? We just got here, I mean.”

 

“Oh come on, Hyun! It’s better to play before we eat lunch so we’ll be more hungry,” Taeyeon said, trying to convince her sister to play.

 

“Yeah, Hyun. Just one game,” said Tiffany.

 

Seohyun sighs and turns her head towards where her girlfriend is before turning back to her sisters, “Okay then.” Sorry Yoong, it’s just one game.

 

-------

 

Game Time

 

Sica was dribbling the ball across the court while Taeyeon defends her. Yuri was trying to get into the perfect position, while Tiffany was waiting for her next move. Seohyun was staring at her second eldest sister, trying to read her movements so she knows where to defend. While the five sisters were busy focusing on the game, Yoona was just standing in the middle of their team’s court, not even trying to move an inch because she has no idea what she had to do.

 

What am I supposed to do? What are they doing? She looks at the sisters. They’re just staring at Jessica, am I supposed to do that, too? Oh God, what did I get myself in-

 

Her thoughts were once again interrupted by Yuri’s voice, “YOONA!”

 

She turns her head towards the voice, but instead of seeing a face, she was staring at an orange sphere coming her way at lightning speed. Before she had any time to react, the ball smashed into her face.

 

“YOONG!”

 

“OMG YURI WHAT DID YOU DO!”

 

“YURI YOU KILLED HER!”

 

“I JUST PASSED THE BALL. OMG. I DIDN’T KNOW SHE--”

 

“Ughhh...” They all turned their heads towards the sound.

 

“Yoong!” Seohyun knelt down and helped her girlfriend sit up. Oh God, I feel like my nose is going to come off any time soon. , my beautiful nose! Oh my God!

 

“What happened?” Her eyes was still closed because her head was aching.

 

“Yoona, oh my God, I’m so sorry. I passed you the ball but I didn’t know you weren’t looking. I’m sorry!” Yuri said quickly.

 

“Huh?” She didn’t recognize the voice so she opened her eyes and found 5 pairs of eyes looking down on her, “Woah, too near, too near.” She backed off a bit before standing up with the help of her girlfriend.

 

Seohyun looks worriedly at her, “Where does it hurt, Yoong?” She caresses Yoona’s cheeks.

 

“My nose,” she mumbled while touching her nose slightly, and wincing upon contact. “Is it bleeding?”

 

“Nope,” Seohyun kissed it hoping to ease the pain.

 

“Well, then I’m fine.” Aish, it’s my fault anyway. I’m not going to let Hyun down. “Come on, let’s play some more!” She picked up the ball and tried to dribble it, but failed, and ended up stumbling.

 

The sisters, with the exception of the maknae, looked at one another then at Yoona. The impact might’ve affected her brain. Four of them thought.

 

-------

They continued playing the game with more, but less painful, mishaps from Yoona. 

 

Jessica wanted her to set up a screen, but being the last person to know what that meant, she just stared at her like she was trying to find the answers on her face. 

 

“Stand in front of Sica unnie and try to stop Taeyeon unnie from following her,” someone whispered. She turned her head and found her girlfriend smiling at her. She smiled as thanks before continuing to do what she was told.

 

She ran towards the 3-point line where Jessica was and stood up in front of her. She didn’t know what she was supposed to do then, but just decided to stand her ground. 

 

It turned out that her body wasn’t as strong as she thought it was when her body slammed against Taeyeon when the older girl tried to run around her. They both fell down with Taeyeon on top of Yoona.

 

“Well, this is awkward,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Um, I’m sorry unnie, but could you get off me? You’re not that light,” Yoona said.

 

Taeyeon stands up and helps Yoona up.

 

“Yoona! Are you okay? You should’ve stood your ground. That’s how you do screens,” Jessica said while making her way to her sister and her sister’s girlfriend.

 

“Um, yeah, I’m fine.” Great, you tell me that NOW?

 

-------

 

After that incident, they decided to just end the game there because it was obvious that Yuri’s team was going to lose. 

 

“Come on, let’s eat,” Tiffany said.

 

During lunch

 

“So, Yoona, tell me... Do you know how to play basketball?” Yuri asked while she poured herself a glass of water.

 

Yoona almost chokes, but manages to prevent it from happening. She glanced at her girlfriend, asking for some help.

 

Taeyeon notices it and asks her, “Yoona? Did you not hear Yuri’s question?”

 

“Um, I did.”

 

“I see. Well?” Taeyeon asks while she leans back on her chair. Yuri, Tiffany and Jessica were all staring at Yoona, waiting for her to answer, although they know the answer by now.

 

“Um... a... bit?” Yoona said. It’s not a complete lie! I do know how to play, just that I tend to ignore all the rules and I don’t know to shoot the ball... Okay, I don’t know how to play. 

 

Taeyeon shakes her head, “How about the truth, Yoona?”

 

“Well, um, Seohyun tried teaching me before but... uh... I didn’t really learn,” she looks down, “I’m sorry.”

 

OMG, they are so going to hate me more for lying.

 

She felt Seohyun trying to reach for her hand, and once she did, the younger girl intertwined their fingers.

 

“Mmhmm, it’s alright,” Yuri, who noticed her youngest sister’s act, said.

 

After that, they continued with their lunch.

 

“So what do you guys want to do now?” Jessica asks once they were all in the living room.

 

“How about we ride our bikes to the park?” Tiffany suggests.

 

Yuri and Taeyeon nod their heads in agreement. The four of them looked at the two youngest, waiting for their answer.

 

Seohyun nods her head while Yoona just stares at them.

 

Oh God, this family is so active. Curse myself for being a lazy bum throughout my childhood. First basketball and now, biking?? Are they trying to kill me?

 

“Oh but unnie,” the maknae said, “we only have four bikes. So I guess Yoona will just ride with me.” Seohyun mentally praised herself for thinking of a way for Yoona not to reveal that she doesn’t know how to ride a bike.

 

But being the oldest, Taeyeon quickly caught on with Seohyun and tries to think of something, “Oh... Hmm...” She looks at Yuri, who smiles widely after a few seconds.

 

“Yoona, shouldn’t you be the one pedaling? Since you’re the guy in the relationship and all...”

 

Everyone stares at the wide-eyed Yoona.

 

Damn. “Uh, yeah, okay.”

 

“Uh, Yoong, it’s fine. You must still be tired from the game right?” Seohyun tried to save Yoona.

 

Yoona looked at Taeyeon and Yuri who were staring at her, then back at Seohyun, “It’s alright!”

 

Yoona didn’t miss the smirk that formed on the faces of Taeyeon and Yuri. Oh I’m dead.

 

“Come on then!” Sica said.

 

------

 

“Are we going or not?” They already spent 30 minutes trying to make Yoona ride the bike properly but to no avail.

 

“Unnie, I’ll just pedal, Yoona’s a bit tired still.”

 

Yoona looks at the two prankster sisters who both smirked but said nothing.

 

Ugh, I’m so useless.

 

“Alright,” Tiffany said.

 

------

 

After spending the whole afternoon at the park, all of them decided to go home to prepare dinner.

 

“So Yoona, since you practically did nothing while we were here, I assumed you’re pretty well rested?” Yuri asked her while they were on their way to get their bikes.

 

“Um, yeah,” Yoona wasn’t sure where Yuri was going with her question. She looked at her girlfriend, who just shrugged her shoulders as she doesn’t know where her unnie was going either.

 

“Great! So now you pedal,” said Yuri, well, more like commanded.

 

“Oh but unnie-”

 

“Great! Let’s go!” Taeyeon interrupted as she was riding her bike.

 

Again they spent quite some time trying to get Yoona to balance the bike.

 

After 45 mins of waiting, Taeyeon sighed and told Seohyun to pedal the bike instead.

 

Yoona looked at Taeyeon but the latter didn’t look back. Instead, she made her way to her other sisters while shaking her head.

 

“Yoong,” she looked at Seohyun, “It’s going to be alright,” she said with a smile.

 

-------

 

“Yoona,” she looked to her right to see Jessica and Tiffany looking at her.

 

“Yes unnies?”

 

“Want to help us cook? We heard Seo cooks for you at home so we thought you might want to cook for her for a change.”

 

She stared at the two, trying to read the expression on their faces, but only one expression comes to mind: blank.

 

Yup, she couldn’t read minds.

 

“Um, sure.” Oh crap, why did I say that? I don’t know how to cook! .

 

-------

 

The two older girls did most of the cooking but Yoona insisted on making one dish for Seohyun.

 

Tiffany and Jessica let her do her thing so they left the kitchen.

 

Hmm... it shouldn’t be that hard, right? Well... here goes nothing....

 

--------------------

End of chapter 2

A/N: I was supposed to update this when I woke up with morning, but my internet started acting up. So, as an apology, I give you a double update! The next chapter is also posted. :)

Don't forget to comment :)