In My Shoes

Royal Ice

 

 

Taeyeon was on the couch, watching TV one afternoon. She flipped to a channel and saw a fashion show. She scoffed as a model strutted down the narrow runway. “What’s so great about being a model? You just walk and pose. Even I can do that.”

 

“Have you forgotten that you’re dating a model?” she heard a voice low enough that it could be that of a villain in a movie. She turned her head to the side and saw her girlfriend glaring at her, hands on her hips.

 

She gulped. Suddenly having the urge to hide behind the couch or inside the garbage can. she stood up and made her way to her fuming lover. “Babe...”

 

“So even you can do it huh?”

 

“I...”

 

“Well, let’s see how you do today.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I have a fashion show to attend to later in the evening. I’ll tell my manager that I’m not feeling well, and you’ll be filling in for me. Since it’s so easy, then it shouldn’t be a problem for you.”

 

“Ba-” before she can finish, her girlfriend, Tiffany, pulled out her phone and dialed a number.

 

“Oppa,” she heard her say. Her heart beat fast. Oh no. What have I gotten myself into?

 

“That’s okay? Great! I’ll bring her there! Thank you, Oppa!” Her girlfriend’s cheerful voice brought her back. “You,” Tiffany pointed at her, “get dressed now! We’re leaving in 30. And don’t make me drag you.” With that, Tiffany went back to their room, leaving her stunned.

 

---

 

“Babe, I’m sorry. I don’t know what I was thinking saying that. I was wrong. Can we please go back now?”

 

They were on their way to the site of the fashion show and Taeyeon has been begging Tiffany non-stop to forgive her and go back home. Tiffany made sure to drive so Taeyeon can’t turn the car back around.

 

She ignored the girl and continued driving.

 

“Babe, please?”

 

Tiffany still ignored her, “Okay, we’re here. Let’s go.”

 

Taeyeon sighed when Tiffany turned off the engine and went out of the car. She lazily opened her door and went out.

 

She looked at the venue and saw a bunch of skinny but very pretty girls walking around. She gawked at some of them, almost drooling.

 

“Ouch!” she soothe the arm that was pinched by her girlfriend, who she didn’t know, was right beside her, watching her jaw drop at the sight of different models.

 

“I brought you here to model, not make a move on my co-models! Get your head straight, Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“I wasn’t!” she responded, going after her girlfriend, who was walking away from her and into a tent backstage.

 

---

 

She entered the tent and tried to look for Tiffany. She walked around and saw the girl talking to a familiar man, most probably her manager.

 

She saw the man nod and walk away.

 

She then felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to see Sooyoung, Tiffany’s best friend, smirking at her. “Modeling is easy, huh?”

 

She face-palmed herself. “I was just joking, Sooyoung-ah! I really didn’t mean it! I was bored and... and... please help me talk to Fany. Please??” she was practically begging but she doesn’t care. Anything to get out of this.

 

Sooyoung chucked. “Nope, sorry. You dug yourself quite a whole there, my friend.” The tall girl then turned to talk to a make-up artist and pointed to Taeyeon. She then turned back to Taeyeon. “Better start preparing, Taeng. Minyeon unnie will help you. Bye Taeng!”

 

 

She walked away, leaving Taeyeon alone with the make-up artist.

 

Minyeon led her to a chair and Taeyeon reluctantly followed. “Sit here and wait for me. I’ll go get my things.”

 

She only nodded.

 

Through the mirror, she saw Tiffany walking towards her. She gave the girl a begging look. “Fany-ah, please? I’m sorry.”

 

Tiffany smirked. “Too late for that now. It’s starting in 30 minutes. Do your best okay? I love you!” Tiffany kissed her temple and walked out of the tent.

 

Before Taeyeon could get up from her seat, Minyeon came back. “Okay, let’s start.”

 

---

 

Loud music was blaring through the speakers. Different colored lights flashing above her head.

 

Taeyeon squinted as the spotlight quickly passed her.

 

The fashion show was now starting and some of the models have begun walking the runway. Taeyeon was in line and was nervous.

 

Very.

 

It didn’t help that she was wearing the most revealing piece of clothing she has ever come across in her life and four-inch heels. She has always wanted to be tall, but right now, all she wants to do was to take off the d*mn heels and go back to her normal height.

 

She shivered when Sooyoung walked past her and whispered, “Kill it, Tiger.”

 

The girl in front of her was now strutting down the runway. It was her turn next. Slowly, she walked out of the wooden partition and into the runway.

 

She squinted again as the spotlight was now directly pointing at her.

 

She took one step.

 

Then another.

 

She almost tripped.

 

She couldn’t hear anything as the sound of the crowd cheering surrounded her ears. She looked to the side, and to her horror, all of her friends were there, whistling and teasing her.

 

She swore she even heard Yuri call her a y beast.

 

Not really a compliment hearing it from your very annoying best friend.

 

She cursed under her breath and decided to just get it over with.

 

She walked slowly, afraid of tripping, and got to the end, where she saw Tiffany looking at her proudly.

 

That was all she needed.

 

She saw Tiffany smile and she smiled back, instantly gaining confidence.

 

She posed and strutted to the backstage to change clothes.

 

---

 

The fashion show ended, and to say that it was successful was an understatement. Everyone had a blast and the organizers were more than pleased.

 

Taeyeon was back in the tent, fixing her stuff. She gasped when she felt arms snaking around her waist. She looked up the mirror and saw Tiffany smiling at her.

 

“How was it?”

 

“You were great, babe!”

 

She beamed. Tiffany’s compliment meant a lot to her.

 

“How’d you find it? Fun?”

 

“It was nerve-racking at first, but I gained a lot of confidence seeing you support me,” she turned around and placed her arms around Tiffany waist, making Tiffany move hers up around Taeyeon’s neck, “but please don’t make me do it again.”

 

Tiffany laughed. “Now you know that it’s hard. But I do gain a lot of confidence since I know you’re somewhere out there supporting me and watching me proudly.”

 

“I’m always going to be proud of you,” Taeyeon said.

 

“I know. Don’t worry, I won’t make you do it again. I can’t stand seeing all those girls’ eyes feasting on your body,” she hugged Taeyeon tightly, “You. Are. Mine.”

 

It was Taeyeon’s turn to laugh. “You know, it’s actually harder being the model’s girlfriend than being the model. It took me a lot of self-control and patience not to jump on the audience members when you’re modeling.”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know how you do it. Maybe I should just leave the watching to you and you leave the modeling to me.”

 

“Yeah, we should.”

 

Both pulled away from the hug and shared a kiss before finishing up fixing Taeyeon’s things and walking out of the tent hand-in-hand.