Perfect Part 1

Royal Ice

 

 

“I think we should get married.”

 

The girl looked up from her plate and stared at the person in front of her before answering.

 

“We’ve talked about this many times. I don’t think we’re ready.”

 

We’re not ready or you’re not ready? There’s a difference.”

 

She sighed. She was getting tired of talking about the same thing over and over. This talk always leads to the same thing: argument.

 

“Can we not talk about this now? I’m trying to enjoy our dinner date here.”

 

“When are we going to talk about it then? When we’re 50?” The person replied sarcastically.

 

Her appetite has long left her. She pushed her plate away and leaned back on her chair. “I’m tired. Let’s go home.”

 

“I’m not finished yet.”

 

“With what? Eating or talking?” She asked irritably.

 

“Both,” came the answer from the person staring back at her.

 

“Well, I am.”

 

She saw a frown slowly forming on the other girl’s face followed by a deep sigh.

 

“Fine, let’s go.”

 

The other girl didn’t wait for her to reply as she swiftly got money from her wallet, stood up and headed for the door.

 

*****

 

A figure arrived at home after sending her companion home from their ruined date.

 

She sighed as she made her way inside her apartment. She slowly took off her jacket and put down her bag on the counter.

 

She lied down on her bed, not even bothering to change into a set of comfortable clothes.

 

She placed her right arm over her head, covering her eyes. She sighed for the nth time today since the talk she had with the love of her life.

 

Busy with the numerous thoughts running on her mind, she didn’t notice nonstop ringing of her cellphone.

 

She slowly drifted to sleep as her thoughts made her tired.

 

*****

 

“You haven’t been yourself lately, Miyoung-ah.”

 

The Hwangs were having dinner a few days after the date.

 

“Yeah, sis, what happened?”

 

“It’s nothing,” she said weakly.

 

Her sister looked at her, “If it’s nothing, then why did I hear someone crying from your room two nights ago?”

 

She merely shook her head, not wanting to answer her sister.

 

“Unless there was another person in your room,” her sister continued, “which I highly doubt, by the way, because your girlfriend’s the only one you allow to go up there and I saw her drive away after dropping you off that night.”

 

She still didn’t answer.

 

“Does it have anything to do with Taeyeon?”

 

Her eyes began to water at the mention of her girlfriend’s name. She looked down, still not wanting to answer their questions.

 

She heard her father sigh, “Whatever it is, I hope it gets fixed soon because I don’t like seeing you like this, okay?”

 

She nodded, her head still down.

 

She felt her sister pat her should before she heard the sound of chairs screeching against the hardwood floor, meaning her two companions were finished eating and were now standing up.

 

“Finish your food, okay? You need it. Don’t sleep with an empty stomach,” she heard her sister say when the older Hwang daughter was on her way out of the dining room followed by their father.

 

She nodded her head again.

 

Once she was alone, she sighed. Her head was again filled with thoughts of her girlfriend.

 

The other girl hasn’t been the same since their last argument a few nights ago. She tried calling her that same night to apologize for their ruined date, but the girl never answered her numerous calls and texts.

 

The following day wasn’t so different either. She called the older girl to ask if they can have lunch together - one of her many attempts to apologize - but the older girl rejected her by saying that she had a lunch meeting with one of the clients.

 

Yesterday was a little bit better than the past days but still not the same. Her girlfriend texted her a good morning message and an ‘I love you’, something she didn’t do the other day, only to be followed by a message saying that she can’t meet her the whole day because the older girl had several meetings.

 

She was starting to worry that their once perfect relationship was slowly crumbling right in front of her.

 

It’s not that she doesn’t want to marry Taeyeon. She does. Just not right now. They are both still too young, and there are so many things she still wants to do before settling down.

 

She wanted so many things. Undoubtedly, Taeyeon was one of them, but it was just too soon to take their relationship a step further.

 

Marrying Taeyeon, or marrying in general, will bring many responsibilities for her to handle.

 

She knows that Taeyeon will most probably tell her that she’ll handle most of them, but she couldn’t stop herself from thinking that both of them aren’t ready for such responsibilities yet.

 

She sighed again.

 

Distracted by her thoughts, she didn’t notice her father and sister looking at her from the dining’s entrance both with worried faces.



 

Probably not going to update this as fast as I did the other shots before because I haven't finished it yet. :) But... comments! :)