Crush Part 3

Royal Ice

 

 

“Tae, calm down. She just wants to talk to you. It’s not like you’re going to get married or anything. Sheesh.”

 

It was now 3:15 and the three cousins were on their way to the café near there school where Taeyeon was to meet Tiffany. 

 

The day didn’t start well for the short Kim. She found it hard to sleep last night because of Tiffany’s text message so she woke up a bit late and in result, she was late for class.

 

“I know, but I’m still nervous. What is she going to say? Oh God! Maybe she found out that I like her and she’s meeting me now to tell me that we can’t happen.” Taeyeon said with fear written all over her face.

 

“Or maybe she’s going to tell you that she likes you. It can be that, unnie.” Yoona said, trying to cheer up Taeyeon.

 

“But-”

 

“Okay, we’re here,” Yuri said. 

 

“Oh no, I’m not going in. I can’t.” Taeyeon looked like she was having a panic attack.

 

“Come on Tae, don’t keep the love of your life waiting.” Yuri pulled her cousin by the hand and led her inside the café with Yoona following them close behind.

 

“Hi guys,” Tiffany said when she saw the trio walk in the café. She was nervous as hell when she saw Taeyeon, but she tried to keep it cool. 

 

“Hi Tiffany unnie!” “Hi Fany” “Uh... Hi?” came the responses of Yoona, Yuri and Taeyeon respectively.

 

“Oh Yoona! Seohyun told me to tell you that she wanted to talk to you too. She’s at the library now. You should go meet her.” Tiffany laughed inside. Seohyun had no clue that she was sending Yoona to the library. It was clear to Tiffany that Yoona likes Seohyun too. She just wanted her friend to have some time with her crush.

 

“O-oh, r-really? U-u-uhm okay. Bye unnies.” Yoona quickly dashed out of the café to get to the library faster. Tiffany smiled inwardly. 

 

Yuri was feeling awkward since she was left with the two clueless lovebirds. She coughed to get their attention, “You guys need to talk about something right? I’ll just go home then. I’ll wait for you there Taeyeon-ah.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. She was silently begging Yuri not to go. As much as she wanted to spend time with Tiffany alone, she wasn’t sure if she could do it without embarrassing herself. She wanted Yuri to be there just in case. 

 

“B-but Yul, it’s dangerous for you to go home by yourself.” She said, trying to persuade her cousin not to leave.

 

Yuri looked at Taeyeon weirdly. She found it confusing why Taeyeon would think that way when she goes home by herself most of the time, and it wasn’t even dark out yet. To think that the Kim should be happy because she was going to be alone with Tiffany.

 

Alone. With Tiffany. The love of her life. 

 

She smirked when the sudden realization hit her. Taeyeon doesn’t want to be alone with Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon was a very confident person but not when faced with Tiffany. She will freeze as though she was put in a blast chiller, and her usual powerful and steady voice will be reduced to a mere squeak.

 

As much as she didn’t want Taeyeon to embarrass herself in front of Tiffany, Yuri knew that Taeyeon might not get another chance to be with Tiffany like this if she gets in their way.

 

“Sorry, Tae, I have a lot of homework. Besides, I go home by myself lots of times, I don’t know what you’re worried about.”

 

“Please Yul?” Taeyeon begged. She really didn’t want to be alone with the angel.

 

While the two were talking, Tiffany was looking at them with a frown. She didn’t know why Taeyeon doesn’t want to be left alone with her. Maybe she found out I have a crush on her, and now she’s scared of me. Aish, maybe Jessica was right. She doesn’t like me that way. 

 

Tiffany sighed and looked out the window, not caring anymore about the bickering cousins. 

 

Taeyeon and Yuri heard Tiffany sigh and abruptly stopped talking. 

 

Yuri whispered to Taeyeon, “I think Tiffany’s mad. Just stay with her and find out what she needs. You’ll be fine.”

 

Taeyeon, who was starting to feel scared that she made Tiffany mad, only nodded.

 

“Okay, bye Tiffany, bye Tae.”

 

Tiffany nodded but she was still looking outside the window. 

 

Yuri left the café leaving a nervous Taeyeon with a sad Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon sat down on the seat in front of Tiffany’s and nervously looked around the café. She didn’t know what to do with an upset Tiffany. Heck, she didn’t know what to do with Tiffany.

 

Tiffany saw Taeyeon’s uneasiness and decided to just talk about her plan. Besides, it’s not her fault she doesn’t like me. She just... doesn’t.

 

She sighed again before finally facing Taeyeon.

 

***

 

“Seo... Seo... Seo...” Yoona reached the library and was now looking left and right for Seohyun.

 

She had no idea what Seohyun wanted to talk to her about, but she didn’t have to think twice about heading to the library. I mean, who would be stupid enough not to jump at the chance to be with their crush ALONE?

 

Oh yeah, Taeyeon unnie. Of course.

 

She chuckled at the thought. She knew how her cousin gets nervous when around Tiffany. I’m not like that, she told herself. Of course, yesterday, when they met at the ice cream shop, she was caught off guard when Seohyun showed up so she didn’t know how to act in front of the girl. Now though, she was convinced that she was ready to face the younger girl.

 

She was too busy with her thoughts that she didn’t notice the table in front of her.

 

“Oh sh*t!” Her hip hit the edge of the table.

 

“SHHHHH!!” she looked around the library to see a dozen pairs of glaring eyes.

 

She nervously laughed and apologized, “Ehe, sorry,” she said, while making a peace sign with her fingers.

 

The students went back to reading.

 

Yoona coughed and walked away hoping to escape the embarrassing situation. Her thoughts went back to Seohyun, the girl she was supposed to meet. She still couldn’t find her. She saw a vacant chair and decided to rest for a bit.

 

“Yoona unnie?” Her head snapped to the side at the sound of a familiar voice. Her eyes widened.

 

“S-s-seohyun?” She gave the younger girl an awkward wave paired with an awkward smile. All confidence she thought she had earlier vanished.

 

“Unnie? Are you okay?” Seohyun asked worriedly when she noticed the older girl stutter. Somehow, in a way unknown to Yoona, she managed to stay calm despite her quickened heartbeat. She didn’t know why Yoona was in front of her, but she wouldn’t complain. 

 

“Uh...” Yoona blinked many times to calm herself, “Y-yes. O-of course.” She cursed herself mentally for stuttering and possibly making a fool out of herself.

 

Seohyun frowned, “Why are you stuttering?”

 

Yoona was surprised by the straightforwardness of the younger girl. “I’m just... tired?” she said rather unconvincingly. 

 

Seohyun raised an eyebrow as she didn’t believe Yoona one bit. She eyed the girl for a few seconds causing Yoona to almost melt at the gaze. Seohyun sighed after a few moments and decided to let it go. “Okay then.” She went back to reading.

 

Yoona frowned. Didn’t Seohyun want to meet her? Why wasn’t she saying anything then?

 

“You need anything unnie?” Seohyun asked without looking away from her book. She wasn’t actually reading. Who could read when your crush is right in front of you, and staring at you, right? She was merely trying to avoid any awkward conversations. 

 

“Um... Didn’t you want me here?”

 

Seohyun instantly looked at her, “Huh?” It’s not that she didn’t want Yoona there, it’s just that the way the girl said it make it seem like she specifically told her to come to the library.

 

Yoona was beginning to believe that maybe Tiffany lied to her. Why would she do that though? Maybe she wanted to be alone with Taeyeon unnie. But isn’t Yuri unnie there? She can’t possibly know I like Seohyun right? I mean, how could she? ...right?

 

“Unnie? What did you say?”

 

“Uh... never mind. What are you reading?” If Seohyun did want to talk to her, then she would’ve said something by now.

 

“Just something for class. I’m almost done. How about you unnie? You need to borrow a book?” It felt weird asking the older that question because she has never seen Yoona in the library before.

 

Yoona was confused. “Book?”

 

“You are in a library, you know, that is full of books.” Seohyun was practically forcing the girl to tell her the reason she was here. She wanted the reason to be her, but she wasn’t that hopeful.

 

“Ah... Actually... I wanted to... see... youuu...” Yoona watched Seohyun reaction as she spoke slowly. When she saw the younger girl’s eyes widened, she quickly added, “...uuuur bag! Yeah, your bag. Tiffany unnie told me it was new!”

 

Seohyun’s face fell but quickly reverted back to it’s original expression before Yoona could notice it. “My bag? My bag isn’t new. Tiffany unnie should know. In fact, she was the one who gave me this last year for my birthday.”

 

“Ah... well... it’s nice. It... uh... still looks new.”

 

Seohyun stared at Yoona before sighing silently. She almost thought Yoona wanted to see her, but it turns out, she didn’t. “I’m done reading unnie, I better go.” She fixed her things, stuffed them into her bag and stood up.

 

“Wait, uh... Do you really have to go home now?”

 

Seohyun looked down at the still sitting girl. “Not really, but since I have nothing more to do here...” Her expression looked hopeful, but Yoona doesn’t notice. She was hoping that Yoona would ask her out for lunch or dinner or anything, since the older girl obviously didn’t want her to leave yet.

 

“Great? Ice cream?” Yoona beamed.

 

Ice cream? Good enough. 

 

Seohyun wanted to jump and shout if not for her being in the library and Yoona staring at her, waiting for an answer. She smiled at Yoona and said, “Sure.”

 



A little drama for TaeNy, BUT! YoonHyun's going well, right? :)

Was supposed to post this earlier, but I forgot that I haven't typed it on my computer yet. Took some time to type because something kept getting in the way. Haha :) Might post the next part later. 

Which couple do you think will get together first? :D

Oh yeah, don't you think this shot collection is slowly transforming into an RF-slash-TaengSic shot collection? Should I change the title now? Since I'm having a hard time writing about other couples anyway. :))